Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there something wrong with my vaping?
hummbug Offline

Likes Given: 10
Is there something wrong with my vaping?
Hello vapers, I am still pretty new with vaping and I just discovered it 6 month ago. I vape with 4 different gadgets, 2 beginner models and 2 regulated mods. All my vapings are around 7 to 14 Watts of power and it is very pleasant and satisfactory for me.... Now I get ads online about gadgets that go to above 200 Watts? When I read that, I imagine a cauldron of boiling soup in my atomizer. Is bigger always better or am I missing something? If this is stupid, please forgive me, I said I was new.
24-07-2018 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes hummbug's post:
TinWhisker (07-25-2018)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,188
RE: Is there something wrong with my vaping?
(24-07-2018 08:39 PM)hummbug Wrote:  Hello vapers, I am still pretty new with vaping and I just discovered it 6 month ago. I vape with 4 different gadgets, 2 beginner models and 2 regulated mods. All my vapings are around 7 to 14 Watts of power and it is very pleasant and satisfactory for me.... Now I get ads online about gadgets that go to above 200 Watts? When I read that, I imagine a cauldron of boiling soup in my atomizer. Is bigger always better or am I missing something? If this is stupid, please forgive me, I said I was new.

If you are happy vappy vaping at 14 watts don't change. Easier on coils, batteries last longer, you use less juice. Trust me, it is not easy vaping at 100+ watts all the time. I am constantly maintaining my gear.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
24-07-2018 08:47 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
gentlydoingit* (07-24-2018), hummbug (07-24-2018), Robjenko (07-25-2018), TinWhisker (07-25-2018)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,925
(24-07-2018 08:39 PM)hummbug Wrote:  Hello vapers, I am still pretty new with vaping and I just discovered it 6 month ago. I vape with 4 different gadgets, 2 beginner models and 2 regulated mods. All my vapings are around 7 to 14 Watts of power and it is very pleasant and satisfactory for me.... Now I get ads online about gadgets that go to above 200 Watts? When I read that, I imagine a cauldron of boiling soup in my atomizer. Is bigger always better or am I missing something? If this is stupid, please forgive me, I said I was new.

Different style of vaping for different people - I have one mod I generally vape @ 12.3W but most my vaping is done @ 66.6W - exception is when I pull out a series mod and run it in the 120-130W range however as Paul indicated, vaping is far more complicated at the higher wattage - rebuilding coils, rewicking (sometimes daily), high juice consumption, cell life, etc....unless you're prepared to have minimal 3 pairs of cells in regular daily rotation and mixing your own ejuice, it's not something a newbie should be in a rush to get into....
24-07-2018 09:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Fatboy's post:
ecignut (07-25-2018), TinWhisker (07-25-2018)
hummbug Offline

Likes Given: 10
(24-07-2018 09:50 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  

Different style of vaping for different people - I have one mod I generally vape @ 12.3W but most my vaping is done @ 66.6W - exception is when I pull out a series mod and run it in the 120-130W range however as Paul indicated, vaping is far more complicated at the higher wattage - rebuilding coils, rewicking (sometimes daily), high juice consumption, cell life, etc....unless you're prepared to have minimal 3 pairs of cells in regular daily rotation and mixing your own ejuice, it's not something a newbie should be in a rush to get into....
Especially not where I live, there is hardly anything available
24-07-2018 11:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hummbug's post:
TinWhisker (07-25-2018)
Squiffler Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 0
I went through a phase of thinking that "progressing" meant moving to bigger, higher watts, lower ohms rebuildable stuff and then asked myself if I was happy with my current set up and what I'm trying to achieve by vaping (giving up/staying off the cigs).  I don't need all the big techy stuff to do that when my little high ohm, low watts puffling device provides me with exactly what I need.

If my setup broke tomorrow, I'd buy the same again.  

Don't get suckered into the marketing hype if what you have now is working fine and you're happy with it.
25-07-2018 05:10 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Squiffler's post:
Fatboy (07-25-2018), hummbug (08-15-2018), TinWhisker (07-25-2018)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 22,397
(25-07-2018 05:10 PM)Squiffler Wrote:  I went through a phase of thinking that "progressing" meant moving to bigger, higher watts, lower ohms rebuildable stuff and then asked myself if I was happy with my current set up and what I'm trying to achieve by vaping (giving up/staying off the cigs).  I don't need all the big techy stuff to do that when my little high ohm, low watts puffling device provides me with exactly what I need.

If my setup broke tomorrow, I'd buy the same again.  

Don't get suckered into the marketing hype if what you have now is working fine and you're happy with it.
Very good advice.

Basically hummbug, you won't have a boiling cauldron of vapor and heat. You simply build a bigger coil at much lower Ohms to match the desired wattage. You definitely can't take your current setup and hit it with 100 watts. Well, you can, but you will melt the coil and ignite the cotton. And ravage your throat and lungs in the process. What you are referring to is known as sub-ohm. There is nothing wrong with it, but as said, it will result in more expense as you consume more juice, shorten the lifespan of the coil, and drain your cells quicker.

Best advice is what's been given... if you are happy vaping now, there's no need to change.

However, if you want to, stick around and we will be sure you do it safely and get the best experience possible.
25-07-2018 05:18 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,319
Stick to what you like best - I never vape over about 12W - ever[Image: tongue.gif].
25-07-2018 05:44 PM