Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
virtus button disassembly {Help me}
slobzer Offline

Likes Given: 1
virtus button disassembly {Help me}
Does anyone know how to disassemble a virtus button??? please help me out with some instructions, I cant get the black plastic off. 
27-04-2015 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,546
RE: virtus button disassembly {Help me}
Hi and welcome slobzer!

Sorry I can't help on the disassembly. Is it the black bit on the right hand side of this picture?
[Image: 1838402-2.jpg]

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
27-04-2015 10:18 AM
slobzer Offline

yes the black plastic on the button assembly, under the bottom contact. 

thank you for the visual help Don
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 05:05 AM by slobzer.)
28-04-2015 05:04 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
You might have to unscrew the bottom contact to get that out. To unscrew the bottom, push the button so the contact moves up, then grab it with a pair of pliers and unscrew it. You might be able to do it without the pliers if it's not on there too tight. Once you get that contact pin unscrewed, the button should just come right out of the bottom and then it'll be a piece of cake to take the rest apart. 

The plastic bit might be screwed in. I don't have that particular mod so I can't say for sure, but I've had other mods with a plastic part like that and they screw into the base. If it's not screwed in, you should be able to just pull it out. 
28-04-2015 05:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
slobzer Offline

Thank you Michael, I have no problem getting the contact out but theres got to be a trick to the plastic piece because i've tried to unscrew it and pull it out and it just seems stuck.
28-04-2015 05:32 AM
slobzer Offline

my problem is that my button is heating and is sticking so im thinking there is a short with my button spring.
28-04-2015 05:44 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Once you get the contact out, you should be able to get the button out easily which would give you access to the spring. That might be the cause of your problem, but there's another solution to hot buttons: put conductive grease on all the threads. That lets the electricity flow more easily, which keeps the button from getting hot. If there is a short, the grease probably wouldn't work, but it might be worth trying. I've had that same problem with some of my mods and it wasn't a short, the grease fixed it up better than new. The reason various metal parts (like the button) can get hot is because they aren't conducting well enough, so they are adding resistance to the circuit. Resistance makes the metal heat up as electricity flows through. So if you take away the resistance with some conductive grease, it also gets rid of the heating problem. Many vape shops have mod repair services, and they'll often have conductive grease on hand, so you might want to check and see if any shops close to you would have some. I'm a regular at my local shop, and they fix my stuff for free if it's minor things like that, it could be worth checking into.
28-04-2015 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
slobzer (04-30-2015)
slobzer Offline

(28-04-2015 06:42 AM)Michael Wrote:  Once you get the contact out, you should be able to get the button out easily which would give you access to the spring. That might be the cause of your problem, but there's another solution to hot buttons: put conductive grease on all the threads. That lets the electricity flow more easily, which keeps the button from getting hot. If there is a short, the grease probably wouldn't work, but it might be worth trying. I've had that same problem with some of my mods and it wasn't a short, the grease fixed it up better than new. The reason various metal parts (like the button) can get hot is because they aren't conducting well enough, so they are adding resistance to the circuit. Resistance makes the metal heat up as electricity flows through. So if you take away the resistance with some conductive grease, it also gets rid of the heating problem. Many vape shops have mod repair services, and they'll often have conductive grease on hand, so you might want to check and see if any shops close to you would have some. I'm a regular at my local shop, and they fix my stuff for free if it's minor things like that, it could be worth checking into.
thanks again michael, ill check it out and let you know. Also I was able to open up the button and I dont think its my spring shorting so Ill try the conductive grease 
30-04-2015 03:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes slobzer's post:
Michael (04-30-2015)