Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
very new to this vaping, i could use some help .
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: very new to this vaping, i could use some help .
Welcome to the family, Cosmic! Congrats on kicking the analogues.

If I were you I'd try to find a different vape shop. Find one that is friendly and helpful, which your current one is not, and also find one that knows what they are talking about. Anyone that calls a replaceable coil a "wick" shouldn't be working in a vape shop.
09-10-2014 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
Galaxyrider (11-23-2014), Michael (11-23-2014), Spasmod (10-10-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(08-10-2014 12:32 AM)Michael Wrote:  1. You need to change the coil whenever it starts tasting weird. I changed coils about twice a week, but that's because I vaped 24/7. For most people, the coils will last for about 2 weeks. If you're using disposable clearomizers, then you'll have to replace the entire atomizer, but if it's something with replaceable coils then you just replace the coil part after cleaning everything else out.

2. I've never had an evod, but I had the eGo which is very similar. I just topped it off whenever I felt it needed more charge and I never had any problems with it. I think it's like any other battery, it's probably best to let it run all the way down once a month or so but usually it's fine to just charge whenever. Definitely don't charge it all night though.

3. HELL YES. There are so many health benefits. For one, I can work out without suffocating. I can play with my nephews without getting out of breath. I can inhale deeply without coughing up a lung. I'm sure everyone on here can tell you stories about how vaping has changed their lives. 

4. My favorite flavors come from Mountain Oak Vapors and Vintage Vapors, both of whom have an online store where you can order. I personally love fruity flavors and some dessert flavors. Mountain Oak Vapors has a great Pina Colada flavor that's called "Tropical Sunrise." And they also have a great flavor called "Cool Berry" which is basically mixed berry with a touch of menthol. Vintage Vapors is well-known for their juice called "Rigamortis" which is the best strawberry cream in the world. But you can't go wrong with any juice from either store, they both have great lines that taste exactly like their description. I personally don't like tobacco flavors, but all the rest are great, so if you see something that sounds good, I'm sure you'd love it. If you like tobacco flavors, I'd suggest either "Hey Jack" or "Southern Gentleman" from Mountain Oak Vapors, they're the best tobacco I've had.

Also, my name is Michael so I automatically like you. Welcome to the forum, where you'll meet some of the nicest people ever!
Way to go dude.. I couldn't have said it better myself! ^5

(09-10-2014 05:22 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Welcome to the family, Cosmic!  Congrats on kicking the analogues.  

If I were you I'd try to find a different vape shop.  Find one that is friendly and helpful, which your current one is not, and also find one that knows what they are talking about.  Anyone that calls a replaceable coil a "wick" shouldn't be working in a vape shop.
You know that has to be a cigarette store.. that's where I got my start too, and they didn't know beans... they didn't care either!

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 09:06 PM by Galaxyrider.)
23-11-2014 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(08-10-2014 12:18 AM)cosmicdebris Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I am new to the vape community, and would really appreciate it if someone could hold my hand, . until i get it .

i tried this vape thing , because like alot of others, im smoking almost 30 yrs., and sick of smoking,.. and the health concerns are high..

I did stop in a vaping shop, and bought the evod starter kit.. the thing is, it really did not come with any instructions, and the children who were running the shop seemed annoyed at my "beginner"  questions..., ...so here goes, any feedback will be much appreciated..thanks in advance..

1.  evod starter kit.. 1 filled tank lasts me a little over a day, how often should i change coil? and should i wash unit every time a coil is changed?

2.evod battery..does it have to be dead before i charge it?.. can i top it off if i need it,(if im going out/away) ?

3.  3 full days vaping(so far)--has anyone felt any type of health benefits from vaping, as to cigarettes..(I FEEL THE SAME)

4.this last one varies , ..can anyone reccomend a really nice ejuice.??. the candy flavors dont do it for me... i currently bought a bottle of halo sub zero, which mimics a newport, and a bottle of hemp vape cbd 50 mg.. they said it would calm me down, but it does nothing... i like the peach taste, and i was told i could add some drops to the menthol.. is this ok?

finally, thanks to everyone, and congrats to you if this has been a lifestyle change for the better...
I am really committed to stopping the disgusting cigarettes,, and im hoping this is the way..

thanks,
Michael
Our vaping experiences seem quite similar, I started with an eGo, and used that for about a month, then got a Lava tube, (vv 18650) and bought a Kayfun Lite (a tank) that would last me a couple days.. if I didn't chain vape.  It does hoever mandate that I build my own coils, trust me its not that hard. If you have any questions, Id be glad to help. and any of the others here are really great for input, help, or advice.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
04-12-2014 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
BOB (12-05-2014), Michael (12-04-2014)