Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
very new to this vaping, i could use some help .
cosmicdebris Offline

Likes Given: 0
very new to this vaping, i could use some help .
Hello everyone,

I am new to the vape community, and would really appreciate it if someone could hold my hand, . until i get it .

i tried this vape thing , because like alot of others, im smoking almost 30 yrs., and sick of smoking,.. and the health concerns are high..

I did stop in a vaping shop, and bought the evod starter kit.. the thing is, it really did not come with any instructions, and the children who were running the shop seemed annoyed at my "beginner"  questions..., ...so here goes, any feedback will be much appreciated..thanks in advance..

1.  evod starter kit.. 1 filled tank lasts me a little over a day, how often should i change coil? and should i wash unit every time a coil is changed?

2.evod battery..does it have to be dead before i charge it?.. can i top it off if i need it,(if im going out/away) ?

3.  3 full days vaping(so far)--has anyone felt any type of health benefits from vaping, as to cigarettes..(I FEEL THE SAME)

4.this last one varies , ..can anyone reccomend a really nice ejuice.??. the candy flavors dont do it for me... i currently bought a bottle of halo sub zero, which mimics a newport, and a bottle of hemp vape cbd 50 mg.. they said it would calm me down, but it does nothing... i like the peach taste, and i was told i could add some drops to the menthol.. is this ok?

finally, thanks to everyone, and congrats to you if this has been a lifestyle change for the better...
I am really committed to stopping the disgusting cigarettes,, and im hoping this is the way..

thanks,
Michael
08-10-2014 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes cosmicdebris's post:
Galaxyrider (12-04-2014)
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,393
RE: very new to this vaping, i could use some help .
1. You need to change the coil whenever it starts tasting weird. I changed coils about twice a week, but that's because I vaped 24/7. For most people, the coils will last for about 2 weeks. If you're using disposable clearomizers, then you'll have to replace the entire atomizer, but if it's something with replaceable coils then you just replace the coil part after cleaning everything else out.

2. I've never had an evod, but I had the eGo which is very similar. I just topped it off whenever I felt it needed more charge and I never had any problems with it. I think it's like any other battery, it's probably best to let it run all the way down once a month or so but usually it's fine to just charge whenever. Definitely don't charge it all night though.

3. HELL YES. There are so many health benefits. For one, I can work out without suffocating. I can play with my nephews without getting out of breath. I can inhale deeply without coughing up a lung. I'm sure everyone on here can tell you stories about how vaping has changed their lives. 

4. My favorite flavors come from Mountain Oak Vapors and Vintage Vapors, both of whom have an online store where you can order. I personally love fruity flavors and some dessert flavors. Mountain Oak Vapors has a great Pina Colada flavor that's called "Tropical Sunrise." And they also have a great flavor called "Cool Berry" which is basically mixed berry with a touch of menthol. Vintage Vapors is well-known for their juice called "Rigamortis" which is the best strawberry cream in the world. But you can't go wrong with any juice from either store, they both have great lines that taste exactly like their description. I personally don't like tobacco flavors, but all the rest are great, so if you see something that sounds good, I'm sure you'd love it. If you like tobacco flavors, I'd suggest either "Hey Jack" or "Southern Gentleman" from Mountain Oak Vapors, they're the best tobacco I've had.

Also, my name is Michael so I automatically like you. Welcome to the forum, where you'll meet some of the nicest people ever!
08-10-2014 12:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Galaxyrider (11-23-2014)
cosmicdebris Offline

thanks for the quick reply,..

i  am constantly climbing stairs at work, and now with  a few extra pounds, and yrs. of cigarettes ..IT SUCKS!!
this is what confuses me right now .. i guess its the lingo.., i dont know what i have.. its called a kangertech evod starter kit.(with 2 pens)..

it has no markings on the pens to describe it to you.., and im not sure what you mean by clearomizers , atomizers coils etc..

it did come with 5 replacement (i thought they were coils), .. but someone at the shop said they are wicks..metal wicks??..
the relacements came in a blister package... is this what i change twice a week ..??

thanks again  Michael
08-10-2014 12:50 AM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

The bottom section is the actual evod pen. That's the battery, the part where you hold it and push the button. The top section, where the juice goes, is the tank/atomizer. Technically, the tank is where the juice goes and the atomizer is where the vapor is produced, but in most circumstances that's the same thing. Atomizers (or "atties") come in all shapes and sizes, one of which is a clearomizer. A clearomizer (or "clearo") is just a see-through atomizer that lets you see how much juice is in it. A coil is just a part of the atomizer. Coils are wrapped up conductive wire that heats up to vaporize the juice. The wick goes through the coil, and the wick is what carries the juice to the coil. 

Some clearomizers are disposable. This means you can't replace the coils or the wick inside it, you just have to throw the whole thing away. But some atties have a bottom part that screws off to replace the coil/wick combo, which looks like just a small metal piece with a tiny bit of wick sticking out the side. It sounds like yours is the kind where you replace the coils and not the entire atty. The reason the guy at the shop would call them wicks is because the replacement piece contains both the coil and the wick. That's the part which I usually changed twice a week, but like I said, they last longer for most people. I'm just a perfectionist so I threw mine away as soon as they started tasting any different at all, but you can keep using them until they won't even produce vapor anymore if you want. They usually start to taste kinda funky after about a week for most people. 

Sorry if that was too long to read, basically it boils down to "replace the coils whenever you feel like it, and don't throw the entire tank away." And the top part is the tank/atty.
08-10-2014 01:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
Welcome to the forum Michael, it's great to have you with us here!

Looks like you're already in good hands but any other questions feel free to ask away. Good
08-10-2014 12:39 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard.

With these type of batteries you can always top them off whenever you want. Older batteries had memory these do not. Better to top them off whenever you get the chance. Flavors are very subjective so what you like is not likely what I will like. However, some companies are known for having really good flavors even if you don't like all or even most of them you will find something you like. My advice is to order samples or small sizes until you find what you like. Mt. Baker seems to be a very popular place right now so they must be doing something right.

On the health benefits it takes a while but you will really notice it after a month or so and more each month after that. It takes a while for your lungs to clear out and your taste buds to kinda come back. Although for many of us that are getting older it's never going to be the same as when we where young. Taste buds are just not the same for older people as they are for kids, smoking or not. Also I would strongly suggest that you drink a lot of water or your favorite non-dehydrating drink. Also hard candies of some kind are a good idea especially at first. Another thing, don't expect that vaping is going to 100% make you stop wanting a cig. For some people it does but not for everyone or even most people. Part of what you are addicted to is all the other junk in the cigs. In fact nicotine itself is not as a addictive as they say. Recent studies are even questioning if it's addictive at all.

Congrats on making the switch and I promise that if you stick with it you will feel better getting up and down those stairs. Also no more coughing up a lung each morning!!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
08-10-2014 03:33 PM
cosmicdebris Offline

starting this was definitely a no brainer..,there is way too much garbage in cigarettes..

It has only been4 full days now, and i thought id be going crazy for that cigarette..BUt surprisingly, im ok with the vape so far...

Anyway, I have a few more concerns

Today  was a bit different, i ended up spending more time outside of work (where it was a bit windy ).. while i would take a drag from the pen, it seemed as if i wasnt getting that full drag/full nicotine as i would if I were indoors..

Does being outside affect the pen in any way?  Should I be thinking of buying a stronger vape pen for outside use??

Do all the flavors from these companies come in 24mg of nicotine?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!
09-10-2014 12:26 AM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Most flavors come in 24mg, but some don't. For example, the flavors I drip with only come in 0mg, 3mg, and 6mg because they're made for dripping, which makes the nicotine hit way harder. 24mg would be suicide with my setup lol. 

You'll probably want to get stronger vape hardware sometime eventually, whether for outside or not. Eventually most vapers want to get into rebuildable atomizers, variable voltage mods, mechanical mods, etc. I doubt it really makes much difference whether you're inside or not. I've experienced a similar thing, but I think it's just psychological since the vapor gets blown away fast and doesn't look like as much compared to inside. 
09-10-2014 02:16 AM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
Depending on the manufacturer, EVOD kits can be very good to really bad.
Coils should last UP TO 2 weeks depending on liquid, nicotine level, voltage, amount of use. I have found that darker thicker liquids will foul a coil faster.  I smoked for 40 years and started vaping a little over a year ago and have not smoked since day one. It took about 8 weeks before I noticed a change in my ability to breath after exertion.  I started with an Ego style battery and disposable clearomizers at 18mg nic

Now I use primarily rebuildable atomizers like a kayfun or Taifun along with several drippers (RDA) and mechanical mods and high wattage box mods.

Do NOT charge the battery overnight. It is better to top it off whenever timing permits. Depending on your use Coils can need to be changed more often. For a more adult Vape flavor look at five pawns or Lazarus Vintage. Both of these are costly liquids but have really great flavors that are less sweet. After several weeks your tastes will change and cigarette flavors will be less pleasing.

You can wash out the clearomizer (tank) when it suits you, but if you do wash the coil it may take a while before you get flavor back rather than just steamy wet vape.

Good luck, stick with it and ask questions as you think of them.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 06:50 AM by madecov.)
09-10-2014 06:42 AM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
1. evod starter kit.. 1 filled tank lasts me a little over a day, how often should i change coil? and should i wash unit every time a coil is changed?

2.evod battery..does it have to be dead before i charge it?.. can i top it off if i need it,(if im going out/away) ?

3. 3 full days vaping(so far)--has anyone felt any type of health benefits from vaping, as to cigarettes..(I FEEL THE SAME)

4.this last one varies , ..can anyone reccomend a really nice ejuice.??. the candy flavors dont do it for me... i currently bought a bottle of halo sub zero, which mimics a newport, and a bottle of hemp vape cbd 50 mg.. they said it would calm me down, but it does nothing... i like the peach taste, and i was told i could add some drops to the menthol.. is this ok?

1-I use my coils until they don't work anymore because I am frugal
2-I don't like charging them until the are completely dead of power, always have a spare battery on hand when you need it.
3-You will notice as you go on-Taste and smell comes back, less coughing , all good things as you clear out from what the cigs caused.
4-its fine to add DIY menthol, but remember anything you add will dilute nic strength, but a drop or 2 shouldn't make a difference

Nice to meet youSmile
09-10-2014 10:38 AM