Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vaping message to my Govenor from me
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,889
RE: vaping message to my Govenor from me
Just to bring this thread back to life. The UK have some of the most liberal laws on vaping anywhere in the world. We have a problem in Scotland though because Queen Nicola does not like anything that people enjoy. Her question is - do people enjoy it - if the answer is yes then tax it - or make it difficult for people to use by restricting where they can vape - hospital grounds are an example.
25-11-2018 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,048
Eddie, that is a shame.

In Ontario, Canada each hospital has its own rules and regulations, set by their board. Brampton Hospital has very clear signage that allows vaping outside the building in a designated area. Trillium Health Services (they own/run 3 hospitals) don't allow smoking on the grounds at all but sadly have not differentiated between the two.....earlier this year I engaged a pulmonologist in a discussion on the subject. Sadly, with all of his training and credentials, he was still in 50's thinking (likely when he attended medical school) and he constantly referenced e-juice as "oils", wouldn't even acknowledge that vaping was LESS harmful than smoking.....so when dinosaurs like this are on hospital boards, change will be slow... and big tobacco loves to parade dinosaurs like this as lifelong medical practitioners and therefore pseudo experts.... Sad
25-11-2018 04:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
ecignut (11-25-2018)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,821
(25-11-2018 03:24 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Just to bring this thread back to life. The UK have some of the most liberal laws on vaping anywhere in the world. We have a problem in Scotland though because Queen Nicola does not like anything that people enjoy. Her question is - do people enjoy it - if the answer is yes then tax it - or make it difficult for people to use by restricting where they can vape - hospital grounds are an example.

Despite strong advice from the usual medical suspects that vaping bans are utterly inappropriate.

But Queen Nikki wants it to be a criminal offence to smoke (or vape) within 15 metres of any NHS building. This is clearly nonsense and bad law as the cops have already said they won't enforce such stupid laws. When your enforcers are saying "don't be so ^&%&&*%^ stupid", perhaps it is time the Poison Dwarf paid some attention.

IMO she just wants everyone to be guilty of something so that everyone is under control. Typical Spiteful Nasty Party crap.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
25-11-2018 04:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
ecignut (11-25-2018)