Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vaping message to my Govenor from me
backyardhunter Offline

Likes Given: 13
vaping message to my Govenor from me
The recent law that affects the people that quit smoking and started vaping is only going to make people keep smoking, Why in the hell are you going after people that are trying to quit tobacco? If you try to tax nicotine just because you are losing income on tobacco taxes you had better realize nicotine and caffeine are similar you have no right to tax one and not the other. EVERY INGREDIENT except for NICOTINE is KOSHER in E-Liquid. By law if you attack Nicotine  you have to raise taxes on cigarettes. Why do you want to deter people from giving up tobacco? you are only going to create a black market. I'm at zero nicotine now I can buy the flavor online and the 2 main ingredients at health food stores, I kinda dare you to try to regulate food additives that have been blessed by Rabbi's

have a  blessed weekend Govenor, liquid without nicotine is just...an additive to soda water to make "pop" hehe! where is Huckabee when you need him!

don’t hate me!
29-08-2015 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like backyardhunter's post:
18sixfifty (08-29-2015), Chuck-Drl (08-29-2015), Don (08-30-2015), Michael (09-04-2015), tuftony352 (08-29-2015)
Chuck-Drl Online
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 4,403
RE: vaping message to my Govenor from me
your point is valid , but comes of more as a rant than an argument .
State Congres is actually a better place to pose such an argument , as this is the office that would set the law in to motion.
rather than pointin out potential reprecutions , make argument as to the benefits of vaping as opposed to smoking.

Why be normal when wierd is so much fun.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 08:47 AM by Chuck-Drl.)
29-08-2015 08:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
Michael (09-04-2015)
backyardhunter Offline

Yea I know it was a rant Chuck, I just quit smoking so I'm kinda pissed the state thinks they are going to stop anything and they are considering a per ml tax on e-liquid.
29-08-2015 05:11 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Good letter and every bit counts. Let them know how you are feeling and if they don't listen then Fuck them. Nothing wrong with a rant, it shows you are really serious about being ticked off.

Also there is an economic law (I can't remember the name) that states the inverse relation of increased taxes to revenue. If these money grubbers knew a little more about economics and cared a little less about pandering to the masses we would all be better off. Taxes are what got me ticked off enough to start rolling my own cigs, then they taxed that so I found e-cigs. When they come for them I'll find a way around that too. That's what people do, they find a way to not pay taxes whenever they can. You are 100% correct that it will just drive people to the black market it sure did with cigs. When Michigan went all draconian all that happened was the black market went sky high and their revenue actually fell. Any decent economist could have told them that. But they think that because they have a captive population in regards to addicts that economic rules no longer apply.

Oh and it's pretty fucked up that they take a population of Addicts and victimize them with high taxes. Good thing e-cigs showed up, we no longer have to be a victim of either our addiction or their taxes.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 10:06 PM by 18sixfifty.)
29-08-2015 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (08-29-2015), Michael (09-04-2015)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,821
The Laffer curve.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
30-08-2015 08:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
18sixfifty (08-31-2015)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
(30-08-2015 08:08 PM)Don Wrote:  The Laffer curve.
Yep, that's the one Don. Thanks

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
31-08-2015 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
backyardhunter Offline

Well I sent another rant to my Governor after getting a generic reply...

Dear Mr. Hunter Ballard:

Please ask the Govenor for me, I want a total number of deaths from vaping, I want to know who did the medical research? It is a violation of civil rights to restrict access to nicotine without state funded nicotine rehab centers in this state that should have been built when you raised tobacco taxes right? You should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to restrict constituents from being tobacco free. Prove this recent "nicotine repacement" law was properly researched and send me ALL of the reports submitted by the "experts" wake up Arkansas...Lead America to better health!

Mike

below is the response I got from my first rant... Enjoy

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Governor Reply <governor.reply@intranet.email.gov.local> wrote:

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for reaching out to express your concerns.  We will be looking into the issues you have raised.  It is always helpful to learn of the ideas and views of Arkansans.

Sincerely,

Hunter Ballard, Constituent Services Staff

The Hutchinson Administration
04-09-2015 11:23 AM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
I hate that I'm not shocked by their response. It's the sad state of reality that I actually expected something generic and meaningless, when the governor's job is to represent his constituency. Sadly, government officials seem to care more about pussyfooting around controversial topics and passing laws they don't understand rather than actually doing their job. 

I sincerely hope every single one of them dies from cancer as they sit in their offices drinking cognac and smoking big fat fucking Cubans. 
04-09-2015 05:15 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,383
I sometimes think that government officials are more interested in their wage packet than actually doing the job they receive the wage for..

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
05-09-2015 04:05 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Robjenko's post:
Almost Jaded (09-05-2015), Don (09-05-2015), Michael (09-05-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
We need to educate the public about vaping.  The opposition has done a spectacular job at demonizing it; we need to spread GOOD information to counteract that.  Once the masses know the score, we can stop relying on letters and start hitting them at the polls.  Look at what gun activists accomplished in Colorado - recalled two elected officals and scared a third into reversing position!

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
05-09-2015 02:18 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Don (09-05-2015), Michael (09-05-2015)