Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
smok alien
spyroklown Offline

Likes Given: 0
smok alien
Every time I put a tank on it no matter if it the right ohm or not (trust me I've checked) it still reads either: don't abuse protects!, Automizer short, or ohms too low (even when I put the tank/automizer back on it I still get the same messages mostly the first two tho. If anyone has one of these or has an idea to fix it please help me out. It's my favorite mod and I hate not being able to use it ????

Edit: just to add I've tried the tank I've had on my alien that was working B4 on a different mod and it's working just fine. just not the alien mod.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 08:21 PM by spyroklown.)
12-08-2017 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Toopizard Offline
Chevy Nomad Fan
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 833
RE: smok alien
Alot of people are having this problem with the alien. This is the reason I don't buy the new mods everyone talks about or my shop recommends to me. I wait at least three months and watch tons of reviews. As far as I know there isnt a fix for this issue. If its new you can send/bring it back.
12-08-2017 09:37 PM
spyroklown Offline

Wow that's terrible I loved that thing.. I'm not sure how long I've had it tho. I only know it's been longer than a month..
13-08-2017 12:00 AM
EvilLOON Offline

Likes Given: 55
I own and alien and really love it.  These errors I have seen a few times.  Juice under my coils in the tfv8 sets it off.  Juice on the 510 or under the 510 sets it off.  Coils not seated 100% sets it off.  Also, I had an RTA that had failing O-rings, that set it off. I would start by cleaning the male and female ends of the 510 connections really well. 

Something else to try, swap your atty around while the mod is on.  Fire it without an atty attached. Then put your atty back on and fire it. The alien gets a bit fickle if you change attys while it's off.
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2017 01:10 AM by EvilLOON.)
13-08-2017 12:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes EvilLOON's post:
ecignut (08-13-2017)
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 9,966
Hi EL - sounds a bit fickle all the time[Image: tongue.gif].
13-08-2017 04:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
EvilLOON (08-13-2017)
spyroklown Offline

(13-08-2017 12:59 AM)EvilLOON Wrote:  I own and alien and really love it.  These errors I have seen a few times.  Juice under my coils in the tfv8 sets it off.  Juice on the 510 or under the 510 sets it off.  Coils not seated 100% sets it off.  Also, I had an RTA that had failing O-rings, that set it off. I would start by cleaning the male and female ends of the 510 connections really well. 

Something else to try, swap your atty around while the mod is on.  Fire it without an atty attached. Then put your atty back on and fire it. The alien gets a bit fickle if you change attys while it's off.

Yes I've cleand it all well.. I'll try the changing att on off thing thng and let u know how that goes..thx
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2017 05:43 PM by spyroklown.)
13-08-2017 05:40 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes spyroklown's post:
EvilLOON (08-13-2017)
Boyblue Offline

(12-08-2017 05:38 PM)spyroklown Wrote:  Every time I put a tank on it no matter if it the right ohm or not (trust me I've checked) it still reads either: don't abuse protects!, Automizer short, or ohms too low (even when I put the tank/automizer back on it I still get the same messages mostly the first two tho. If anyone has one of these or has an idea to fix it please help me out. It's my favorite mod and I hate not being able to use it ????

Edit: just to add I've tried the tank I've had on my alien that was working B4 on a different mod and it's working just fine. just not the alien mod.
Mine did the same thing after 6 months, I didn't find a solution.  I emailed Smok and got no reply.  Needless to say Smok is now on my blacklist.

I now understand why everyone has more than one mod.  I'm now using a loaner until the replacements arrive.
19-08-2017 01:04 AM
spyroklown Offline

Yea I got lucky I had an old rx 200 that I got outta storage
19-08-2017 01:55 AM