Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
slight throat irritation from my own mix
the orb Offline

Likes Given: 30
slight throat irritation from my own mix
need a bit of advice on my first attempt of mixing, my normal shop bought everyday vape is tobacco, nic 15, vg 70, pg 30 also menthol, 11nic, pg 100, also i have gone through a few different flavours at 50/50, mix, not to over complicate things my first batch was a 50/50 mix with 12 nic and 10% flavour to give myself a benchmark to work from, the flavours i bought where from 2 well known reputable companies, i have not yet steeped these liquids but just had to try them, both taste a bit weak this is to be expected but i have had a very slight irritation to the throat, will the liquid mellow in time or am i better off going to a 70 vg 30 pg mix, i dont think i have a reaction to pg as my vaping history above shows  also do all liquids need to steep i.e. menthol...
01-03-2015 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,182
RE: slight throat irritation from my own mix
Menthol should be ready immediately. 

Can't say I fancy 100PG - I rarely go below 70VG. I ran out of VG once and mixed up some coffee juice at 80%PG. It was awful. I usually mix to 20% flavouring and 80% VG (I use nicotine in VG)

The other and quite possibly more likely explanation is that you have a cold coming on.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
01-03-2015 06:19 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
This time of year, colds are common. The other say I had a cold and the way I first noticed was when my throat started getting irritated when I vaped, and the next day it was full blown coughing and sneezing. 

I've also heard that some people develop an intolerance to PG, so that might be something to watch out for, but  it's not common. 
01-03-2015 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
the orb Offline

Likes Given: 30
one of the juices i am tryin to replicate is from vividvapour.co.uk ingriedients are just nicotine, water.pg and flavouring and is called menthol breeze i was really suprised to find out it was a pg only juice even to the point where i spoke to them online and they confirmed it, but it is the best menthol i have found all the rest i have bought i have given away or binned, the vivid menthol is really nice to vape real cool strong but not harsh, quite a nice sweet flavour too and is available from my news agent or supermarket, when trying to get as close to a menthol you like do you need to steep it for a while or add sweetners, ...
01-03-2015 09:52 PM
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
I've found that when I mix...anything over 70/30 irritates the hell out of my throat.  I generally keep my ratio to 80/20 or 90/10. 
04-04-2015 04:05 AM