Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
over view, first mech mods and their current set up[under construction]
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Tongue over view, first mech mods and their current set up[under construction]
really this is just because I wanted to share, after a touch of tinkering I'm stoked with both of these mods and their current configuration.

[Image: 20131031_101528_zpsffe5c851.jpg]

shown here next to a protected samsung 18650 for scale.

So on the left we have the grand vapor private v2 clone with a ud igo-w dripper running the stock coils and wicks at 1.4ohm on the right we have the nemesis clone with the "green goblin" aspire bdc atomiser and long drip tip (I love these drip tips and find them extremely comfortable to use.

[Image: 20131031_101454_zpsb921091b.jpg]

The private has a copper switch housing with brass plunger, left hand threaded lock ring, the contact is plated but I've not yet attacked it to find out what its made of. it has two brass telescopic body tubes, a stainless vented centre tube and a stainless top cap with 510 connector. There is a flaw to this if your tank relies on the 510 connector to breath.
31-10-2013 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
RE: over view, first mech mods and their current set up[under construction]
They both look awesome Graham! I think I prefer the look of the nemesis clone when seeing them next to each other. Your private looks a bit clunky Smile

That green tank looks like a Vivi Nova clone, what's different about it ?
31-10-2013 12:21 PM
gords1001 Offline

their both the same od, I find the private very grippy when driving, its a suprisingly useful set up.

The green goblin set up is an aspire bottom dual coil tank. it is very vivi nova pbsarbo commented on that, however dont let that put you off, its a real q set up with amazing flavour and plumes of vapour.

I'll save further comments for when I've finished the write up and taken all the other pictures.
31-10-2013 01:38 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(31-10-2013 01:38 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I'll save further comments for when I've finished the write up and taken all the other pictures.
Looking forward to it.
01-11-2013 01:56 PM
gords1001 Offline

Not had chance to take any pictures yet so I thought I'd add some thoughts after a few weeks use.

Now, I was only prepared to admit to toni that I'd bought one mod and atty, so I owned up to the private v2,  the green goblin nemesis set up has remained in my van as a day vape.

Well, it was......the aspire tank has started to leak annoyingly and intermittently, dont know if I've burnt a seal or what but its been resigned to the "future rebuild" collection.  Shame because I really liked how it worked when it did work. I tried a couple of other atty's on the nemesis, but one thing that is obvious trying them back to back between the nemesis and the private v2, the nemesis suffers a significant voltage drop at low ohms. I'm not sure if I can do much about that but the combination of air control needing drilling out, poor looking delrin on the positive end and obvious volt drop when in use compared to another mod means I'm a little disappointed. I also find it difficult to use when driving, its simply too slippy to feel secure, its fine when you find the sweet spot but distracting till you do. I'm going to throw my rsst on it tomorrow morning and see if it'll redeem itself.

So, the private v2. 

This little mod has suprised me from the moment I found myself buying it.

1. I never intended to buy it, I wanted a nemesis,  I thought I was getting a brass nemesis but all my guy had was stainless, he had a brass chi you clone, in hind sight I wish I'd bought that instead. The private was just sat there unloved, for twenty quid, I figured stuff it, why not? Added an igo-w dripper for good measure and left,  both items being after thoughts rather than intended purchases.

2. That whim of a throw together set up has become my favourite set up! Its wrong for most people in so many ways, and it technically has a flaw in the head, there is no airflow cut for the 510 connection, if your atomisers breathes through the 510, it wont work. Its easy to fix with a dremel or thin slitting disk but I've not touched it. I'm done with atomisers like that so why upset the lovely flush face? The igo-w is dual coil but only single airhole, its wrong! Absolutely anyone who has watched a single dual coil review will tell you two coils and one airhole is wrong and wont work! Well, I've got a sweet little set up here that basically takes that urban myth, beats the f****** s*** out of it, lets it get up then smashes it back to the floor.

Dual .25 kanthal micro coils, cotton wool pulled through then tucked under on both sides to fill the well, airhole drilled out to 2mm and just above the level of the coils, sit this on a nice grippy little mod that seems to suffer no volt drop under load,drop in a cell that can really hold the volts under hard use (Panasonic 18650 pd) the result is startling, its a looker of a set up too, its all in desperate need of a polish as I've used it hard but I've really taken to it. The ribs offer excellent grip, the adjustable negative contact can be made a hair trigger if you wish, the spring is strong enough to support an rsst full of fluid and said 18650. 

I really really really like this little mod, its like me, a simple workman that just does its job, no more, no less.

I will try to get to update this thread with photos, just been very busy, I'm also going to see if my dad can machine up some brass contacts and a new delrin insert for the nemesis,  try and bring it up to spec.

What I have my eye on now is this.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005...anical-mod

I'm hoping the all brass construction will net an even lower voltage drop at sub ohm.
12-11-2013 09:23 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Gords, you will love the Sentinel M16!
12-11-2013 11:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Brilliant write up Graham! that made me smile that's for sure, especially that Mrs Gords doesn't even know the half of it LOL Big Grin

Real shame about the nemesis but if anyone can make it work like it should it'll be you. That's why I like this Charger Mod (CHOD or CHODE as JM likes to call it) Big Grin due to the short length and thickness of the internal wiring it hits like a steam train!

I must admit, you do have me beat on how the Igo-W works so well with a single airhole, all I can imagine is it must be kicking out some good flavours.
13-11-2013 01:33 AM
gords1001 Offline

Johnny, I have a feeling that will be the case. 

Spas, I don't know why the igo works so well but it does, clean pure flavour and, if I dont concentrate,  enougg vapour to obscure my vision  while driving. Its a real cloud chaser,  the top cap gets hot after a few pulls, I suspect that only contributes to the overall effect.

I've got a trident rda reserved,  I can't wait to try that out.
13-11-2013 04:30 AM
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
these two mods are the ones i have been looking at.  Was wondering if you or anyone else had more opinions or any other input that you might want to add to this. 

Also I was wondering if there were any other mods that would be recomended in place of these in this price range?
16-01-2014 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline

I'll come back to you tonight on this, I now have the igo on the nemesis and a prometheus on the private. 

I will say I love the private v2.  Its a good mod and rare I don't carry it, , as a pure mech, imo its a better mod than the nemesis, I just find the nemesis a bit "meh"
16-01-2014 01:34 PM