Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newbie vaper please read!
chefgaz85 Offline

Likes Given: 1
newbie vaper please read!
hi guys im gaz a newbie from uk.
just wanted to check over a few things as oppinions differ!
ive been smoking cigerettes for 12 years.around 15-20 a day.last week i got sick of the smell of tobacco and the constant weezing so i went online did some research an ordered an eleaf istick and a 30ml container of five pawns grandmaster.wow! ill never smoke a cig again!really enjoyable vape loving the taste and general experience.downsides?well a dry throat thats to be expected and thats about it.my concerns are im still coughing up phlegm.is vaping safe?am i coughing due to giving up tobacco?i genuinely have no desire to smoke and am enjoying my vape.any advice would be great
19-12-2014 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes chefgaz85's post:
Galaxyrider (12-23-2014)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: newbie vaper please read!
You made a good choice, I have a collection of Isticks and a vapor shark, I love them!!! I heard that juice is awesome!!!
Welcome to TVF, keep-a-vapin' Good
The coughing should go away after your lungs clear out, it takes a few weeks , but you feel so much better, drink lots of water for the dry feeling!!
19-12-2014 07:08 PM
chefgaz85 Offline

its an awesome juice.way too rich and buttery for allday use though.not to mention way too pricey!the first juices i bought were prettty poor so im glad i found fivepawns.thanks for advice re cough.im guessing its just the yeard of tar clearing out 
19-12-2014 07:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes chefgaz85's post:
Whiskey (12-19-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
Congratulations on making the switch mate! the coughing is fairly normal and will persist for a while, it's just your lungs clearing out the build-up of tar and toxins.

The dry throat was something I suffered with quite bad at first. I found in my case that once I dropped my Nic level down a bit that it seemed to clear up.

If you find some ejuice too strong for you, one way is to mix it down.. I do it a lot, sometimes right down to 10% - though that will also drop the nic level to 10% of it's original. I vape at 2mg these days so that's not a problem for me but I see you're in good hand in your other thread about DIY mixing. Smile
20-12-2014 01:23 AM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,425
Welcome to the forum! I see you've already met some of the family here Smile 
As others have said, the coughing and phlegm is a side effect of the smoking and not the vaping. It takes a while for your body to get back to normal, honestly you might always have some of the negative effects of smoking with you but you definitely will be better and most importantly, you're not getting any worse since you've stopped putting all the tar and shit in your body anymore. I'm so glad to hear you made the switch, you won't regret it Smile 
If you're curious about how different vaping gear works and how your body will be effected you might want to check out my blog series here on the forum. Of course everyone's journey is different, but it can be fun and informative to hear how other people have come along. 
Downside? None, unless you count smelling like a bakery or fruit as a downside Tongue
I usually smell like custard or apple pie these days, no cologne required Wink 
20-12-2014 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (12-20-2014)
BioHazardCustoms Offline

Likes Given: 4
Welcome and congratulations on kicking the stinkies! You will notice over time that your tastes evolve a bit, but that is perfectly normal. Variety is the spice of life.
20-12-2014 04:14 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,399
(19-12-2014 01:47 PM)chefgaz85 Wrote:  hi guys im gaz a newbie from uk.
just wanted to check over a few things as oppinions differ!
ive been smoking cigerettes for 12 years.around 15-20 a day.last week i got sick of the smell of tobacco and the constant weezing so i went online did some research an ordered an eleaf istick and a 30ml container of five pawns grandmaster.wow! ill never smoke a cig again!really enjoyable vape loving the taste and general experience.downsides?well a dry throat thats to be expected and thats about it.my concerns are im still coughing up phlegm.is vaping safe?am i coughing due to giving up tobacco?i genuinely have no desire to smoke and am enjoying my vape.any advice would be great
You made the right choiceGood I was a 20 a day smoker for the best part of 40 years until 13 months ago when I tried an ecig.. Best thing I ever did ... I feel much healthier .. no mood swings etc etc need I say more Vape On!

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
20-12-2014 04:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Don (12-21-2014)
chefgaz85 Offline

thanks for advicw guys.dropped down to a 12mg juice and dry throat is far less noticeable!its scary when you do quit and see the crap thats been laying on your lungs!plus im noticing the smell of cigs on mates.as a smoker i never noticed it before.but in pub today i noticed it on mates  coming indoors after smokes.its truly weird how rank i find the smell of tobacco now.i honestly never thought after years of failed attempts i.e patches,cold turkey and cutting dowm that i would be able to quit.totally openedy eyes
20-12-2014 11:08 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like chefgaz85's post:
BOB (12-21-2014), Don (12-21-2014), JohnnyMac (12-21-2014), Michael (12-21-2014), Spasmod (12-21-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
The first thing I noticed strangely was that my mate's dog stank! Big Grin
21-12-2014 06:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
BOB (12-21-2014)
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran