Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newbie vaper coughing issue solved
iconik978 Offline

Likes Given: 1
newbie vaper coughing issue solved
wudup people newbie vaper/forum user here... Been using my eleaf 30w istick an Melo tank now for a couple weeks now an just thought Id share some thoughts. first off haven't really used any other vaporizer before the eleaf except for the small logic e cig I used to to use to cut back on smoking Newports but so far I love it.. good clouds an flavor...only thing I noticed was that I would cough on the pg based liquids so I switched to 80/20 vg based an its much smoother except when I vape big hits one after another I would get less vapor an flavor almost like a dry hit without the nasty burn taste then immediately started coughing.. So I noticed if I let it sit for a minute or two the clouds an flavor returned without the coughing.. so what I just realized tonight an correct me if I'm wrong if the pg is thinner then the vg mabe it was being sucked up by the cotton first before the vg caught up therefore producing no vaper an the bad coughing. Thats why if I let it sit it gave the vg more time to be absorbed by the atomizer it was normal again... sound about right to you guys? also I wanted to know how I would go about making my own coils as apposed to buying the pre-made atomizer heads for the Melo atomizer...
07-03-2015 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,452
RE: newbie vaper coughing issue solved
Welcome to TVF buddy!

Sounds like the thicker viscosity of the high VG ejuice is lending itself to some poor wicking issues. It's quite a common occurrence.

You may find it a little better if you lower the power slightly and reduce the airflow just a little. Reducing the airflow creates a slightly increased vacuum in side the tank.

As far as I know the Melo doesn't have an RBA section though for rebuilding your own coils.
07-03-2015 02:19 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! Like Spas said, the high vg juice takes longer to wick, so you have to wait for it to soak in. You might be able to find a video on YouTube about rebuilding your coils, but in a tank like that it's more trouble than its worth, your best bet is to either keep buying new ones, or get a tank that's made to be rebuildable. 
07-03-2015 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
iconik978 Offline

Oh ok i didnt know I will try that.... on the coils I took one apart seems pretty easy just to buy some wire an wick an copy how eleaf makes em but I guess people don't do that?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 06:21 PM by iconik978.)
07-03-2015 05:22 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Some people do that, and if it works then great. I wouldn't bother because the coils are small and hard to replicate, and you can get a good rebuildable tank fairly cheap. Plus rebuildable tanks work better with high vg juice. 
07-03-2015 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
iconik978 Offline

ok gotcha any recommendations for a rda with good flavor at low price?
07-03-2015 06:12 PM
BioHazardCustoms Offline

Likes Given: 4
My RDA suggestion is a Mutation X. Never got flavor like this from any other dripper atomizer, and the air flow is adjustable.
My RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer) suggestion is the Kanger subtank or the Aspire Atlantis. Personally don't use either, but I have friends who do, and they're pretty awesome.
07-03-2015 07:00 PM
iconik978 Offline

(07-03-2015 07:00 PM)BioHazardCustoms Wrote:  My RDA suggestion is a Mutation X. Never got flavor like this from any other dripper atomizer, and the air flow is adjustable.
My RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer) suggestion is the Kanger subtank or the Aspire Atlantis. Personally don't use either, but I have friends who do, and they're pretty awesome.

thanks I'll look into the mutation x..... I thought the Melo was just like the Atlantis an kangers?
07-03-2015 07:07 PM
BioHazardCustoms Offline

Likes Given: 4
I've never heard of the Melo, personally. I have taken test hits from both the kanger and the atlantis. Thick clouds and decent flavor, but I'm spoiled to my dripper.
07-03-2015 07:41 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,452
There's a few good ones out there right now. In no particular order

Lemo Tank (rebuildable)
Kanger Subtank (all rebuildable except the Nano if I remember correctly)
Aqua version 2 (rebuildable or dripper)
Joyetech Delta II (rebuildable and replaceable prebuilt heads)
Billow Tank (rebuildable)
Goblin (rebuildable)
Fogger V6 (rebuildable)
Orchid (rebuildable)

All excellent tanks that are capable of performing exactly like you want and will serve you for many moons. 
07-03-2015 08:00 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Spasmod's post:
BOB (03-08-2015), iconik978 (03-07-2015), Michael (03-08-2015)