Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new to vaping...
newtovape2015 Offline

Likes Given: 0
new to vaping...
Hi to all,

I smoked for over 15 yrs, but  for the last two years I've used blue cigs, green smoke and mystic cigs. Two weeks ago I purchased an evod starter kit at a Local b&m I probably paid too much but I got to pick the sales person brain a little and got to test drive a few devises and flavors.  I purchased a blue evod 1000 battery with evod 1 blue tank (one that is metal with a window) ,usb charger with wall adapter and 10mil juice for 35 bucks.... now I think I may have to get replacement coils and I don't know what to buy...I see different styles, different coils and ohms and are confused. I can always go back to the b&m but they sell the coils for either 4 or 5 bucks each and I was hoping to order a few online....can someone please help?  if someone helps please recommend a specific product,i promise to try and learn more but for now I just need some direction. thanks
14-01-2015 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes newtovape2015's post:
Spasmod (01-14-2015)
WarHawk-AVG Offline

Likes Given: 22
RE: new to vaping...
With fixed voltage batteries try to stay close to 2Ω, I usually get 1.8Ω for my unregulated battery units.

Your battery is an eGo style battery tube...so any 510 threaded connector or eGo threaded device will screw in.

http://www.fasttech.com/search?evod%20tanks
http://www.fasttech.com/search?ego%20tanks

If they are selling coils single for 4-5 a pop they are ripping you off!
http://www.fasttech.com/search?evod%20coils

You can also rebuild the coils but it has a learning curve

Happy vaping
14-01-2015 07:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarHawk-AVG's post:
Spasmod (01-14-2015)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard.

I would second Warhawks advice. 1.8 oHm coils are the ticket for your device. It's been a while since I used that kind of a coil but I remember this much. Lighter colored juices will tend to make your coils last longer. When I was vaping thinker stuff like coffee then tended to gum up pretty quick and I was going through them really fast.

In all honestly if I was you I would order some of the 1.8 ohms but then also order a small dripper like this. This is one of the very easiest drippers to build your own coils with. Then you won't have to buy coils again and you can switch them our any time you want.  I have been vaping for at least 7 years or something like that and I have all kinds of equipment but this is what I'm vaping with right now. I use it all the time and keep coming back to it over and over.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10...izer-1-0ml

Then gets some of these. 50 coils for under $4 Go to your local wallgreens or something like that and they will have "Rolled Cotton" It will cost something like $5 and you will have enough to last for years. Just roll up a tiny bit of cotton and put it inside the coil. The wires on the coil go through the holes in the post. screw it down tight and make sure that the coil isn't touching anything metal. Not the bottom or the top or the sides of the dripper when it goes back on. Less then 10 cents a coil then.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10...iled-wires

Whatever you decide you can use this coupon code for 5% off. XMAS14 just copy and paste.

Feel free to ask all kinds of questions and come back often!!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
14-01-2015 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (01-14-2015), Michael (01-14-2015), Spasmod (01-14-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Welcome to TVF, Glad you found us!!
14-01-2015 12:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
Spasmod (01-14-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,193
Welcome to TVF !! looks like you're in the hands of some vaping legends right there already Smile 

Glad to meet you and congrats on moving up to an ego kit. I don't think you got ripped off on the kit along with the juice but yeah, I hope those coils they're selling are Gold plated with Diamond glitter Tongue

Enjoy your stay Good
14-01-2015 02:57 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a great starter kit there, I paid $50 for my eGo starter kit back in the day. If you decide to get a dripping atomizer as 18sixfifty suggested, I'd strongly recommend getting some juice with low nicotine strength (3mg-6mg) since drippers hit harder than clearomizer tanks. 
14-01-2015 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
newtovape2015 Offline

Thank you all for the welcome and the information.  I will place my order then keep learning, hopefully the next order would be on something I can rebuild....I was fine using e cigs but now I don't know why I didn't go to vaping sooner.... the flavors are soo good. I've tried to vendors, one made me sick the other I really like...thanks.....I placed my order.. the wait begins...
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1673906
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1634200

Based on the suggestions I purchased the items above, hope I picked he right ones.....
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2015 03:52 AM by newtovape2015.)
15-01-2015 02:24 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Those coils are correct for the tank you picked, so you should be fine. I haven't used that tank myself, but they seem to be fairly popular so they must be doing something right Smile
15-01-2015 04:41 AM
newtovape2015 Offline

(15-01-2015 04:41 AM)I have the kangertech evod 1, and just ordered the evod 2 plus coils.... gotta get some more juice.......I like them but I\m new to vaping....what do I know. Michael Wrote:  Those coils are correct for the tank you picked, so you should be fine. I haven't used that tank myself, but they seem to be fairly popular so they must be doing something right Smile
15-01-2015 06:06 AM
newtovape2015 Offline

I ordered from fastech, how long is the wait....Angry. I need my supplies.Im in the US....
17-01-2015 03:52 AM