Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need more throat hit ... 9mg nic not enough
ambro Offline

Likes Given: 5
need more throat hit ... 9mg nic not enough
Code:
I'm trying to quit smoking. I currently smoke about a pack (25) a day of king sized menthol cigarettes.

I went and purchased an EVOD Starter kit. The guy sold me 3 bottles of menthol ejuice at 9mg nicotine.

The throat hit is not enough for me. It has helped me cut back a little bit on smoking but I need something more. Should I find  some ejuice with a higher nicotine level? Will that help me with the throat sensation?

Maybe it's something else I need differently to achieve the right throat hit so I can successfully quit smoking?

Thanks Vapers!
25-01-2015 03:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes ambro's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: need more throat hit ... 9mg nic not enough
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on trying to quit smoking! 

Raising the nicotine content will give more throat hit. I used a similar starter kit as you for a long time, with 18mg nicotine. Also different flavors have more throat hit as well, I used to use strong fruit flavors like pina colada all the time. The EVOD is a great starter kit, but it's not as powerful as some devices available, so if you want to upgrade your device I'd suggest an Eleaf iStick, it's a variable voltage device that lets you turn up the power to get stronger hits. Or you might consider getting a better tank, like a Kanger Protank 3 since it will make more vapor which means stronger hits. 

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask Smile
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2015 04:52 AM by Michael.)
25-01-2015 04:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
ambro (01-26-2015), Spasmod (01-26-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
ambro Offline

Thanks for the info!  Since I just bought the starter kit ... I'll have to hold out for a little while before buying a different device, or hubby might kill me [Image: smile.gif]  But when I go in to upgrade, I will keep the ones you mentioned in mind!

I got ahold of the dealer closest to me (45 mins away) and he does have stronger nic than the 9mg he gave me, he just assumed 9mg would be enough. So I will head in there asap and pick up some stronger nicotine levels to see if that helps, because right now I'm having to take two or three pulls just to get the sensation of smoking, so it isn't going to get me to quit.

I smoke menthol so I figured I'd get menthol flavors ... but  maybe I'll check out some of the other flavors with stronger hits, maybe it'll help too!

Thanks Again!
26-01-2015 03:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ambro's post:
Spasmod (01-26-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

No problem Smile A lot of people try vaping menthol or tobacco flavors at first, since they used to smoke. I was one of those, I vaped tobacco flavors a lot when I first started vaping since I wanted it to replace smoking. But after a while I got sick of the tobacco flavors and started trying other flavors, and that's when it really got fun Smile The fun flavors like custard and pina colada and things like that are really great, for some people the flavors are the main reason why they vape. 

Oh and also check the PG/VG ratio on your juice. PG (propelyne glycol) is a thin liquid that carries most of the flavor and gives stronger throat hit, while VG (vegetable glycerin) is what produces the vapor. Since you want more throat hit, higher PG will be better for you. 
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2015 04:12 AM by Michael.)
26-01-2015 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Michael's post:
ambro (01-26-2015), Cman (05-05-2015), Spasmod (01-26-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,193
Welcome to our community Ambro! Smile

Let us know how you get on Good
26-01-2015 05:58 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
ambro (01-26-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
ambro Offline

This dealer is pretty small time ... and I don't think he knows all he should know about vaping in order to best help customers. But i give him props for opening a small shop... since the next closest place to buy is an hour and a half away, so I'll give him my business for the time being.

when I bought everything he didn't ask about nicotine levels or different brands or different ratios,  just asked what flavor I wanted. 

I think ill stick around the forum! Seems friendly enough and I might need more info!! Planning a honeymoon in April and worried about vaping on the plane, I see some people stealth vaping ... but I'm still concerned about what would happen if caught!
26-01-2015 06:32 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ambro's post:
Michael (01-26-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
WarHawk-AVG Offline

Likes Given: 22
Throat hit is a combination of things

Power
PG/VG ratio
Nicotine level

If you are smoking full flavor Menthols, then see if you can get 18-24mg NIC at least 50/50 or 70/30 PG/VG, then get coils that are around 1.8Ω to boost the power, if the coil's are to high a resistance the battery cannot push enough voltage/current to really heat things up.

24mg is for very hardcore smokers, but be careful it borders on TOO much nicotine and can cause you to get NIC headaches quick...I was doing 18mg and I smoked Marlboro Reds about pack 1/2 a day and 18 gave me insane bad headaches

most ego's are direct battery power, as in what voltage is in the battery is delivered to the coils
So at a full charge you get approx 4.2vdc, immediately it starts decreasing

[Image: advanced-safe-vaping-power-chart-vaporlife-usa-.jpg]

This graph gives you an idea where you need to be...warmer you want towards red but not in the red, cooler move closer to the yellow side

2.0Ω (1.8Ω will give you warmer vape 6-7 watts is perfect for most users) is where I try to aim all my builds...but I also have a variable watt system that dials in the right voltage being delivered to the coils...same vape every time

good luck
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2015 07:26 AM by WarHawk-AVG.)
26-01-2015 07:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarHawk-AVG's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I agree with Warhawk, 18mg is pretty good for most people. I smoked about 5 packs a week, so close to a pack a day and 18 was good for me. As far as the airplane thing, I'd say the best thing to do is ask. I've set off fire alarms in hotels before by vaping, and it's not a fun experience when the fire department shows up. So if you do, don't exhale on any fire alarms lol. 
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2015 05:06 PM by Michael.)
26-01-2015 05:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)