Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mini detonator - a build guide
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
RE: mini detonator - a build guide
Yeah,I knew he answer to the switch just wanted to double check. I know p and n FETs work differently, but I do believe they both see minimal power on the switch leg. 

I can probably find the answer to what fet, n or p, and then just look up the data sheets on what I got and see what ones can handle the amps. 

Got a 16mm anti vandal switch, 22mm 510 connector ordered. Been looking for a pair of lipo cells that can handle some amps and will fit in the box with the other components. 

Had that pair of 650 mah lipo cells and the box I modified for like 3 years. Was originally going to be a vv box mod, but I think I will keep it simple and and just do this and get er done finally. I may use the cells I got, but would like something that will handle more. Its a small box though

Edit: THIS is the box I used. I did cut the lip off around the top where the cover goes in, and a few other things I cant remember. I think I will have about 45x50x20mm for the lipo packs.

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
21-03-2015 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
http://www.modipedia.com/topic/11/irlb30...n-progress

Here is a suitable wiring diagram and that fet would suit your current cells, the fet i used is vaping rated at 195amp, if it can be kept cool enough, its peak current is 343amps, obviously too high for your current cells but ideal for my pack as it will serve as the weak link in a dead short situation. I also screwed mine down and used thermal paste....no prizes for guessing where that inspiration came fromBiggrin
22-03-2015 09:52 AM
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
How long would you consider the c burst rating good for? Some things I read say 10 seconds, some was 20-30 seconds

I found these Turnigy Nano-tech 750 mah cells. They are the same dimensions as the cells I have now, but 2mm thicker, but also has a much higher c rating, and a little higher capacity. A pair in parallel should be good for 52.5 amps, and good for bursts of 105 amps according to the specs. That would be good for 0.07 and .035 ohms respectively, but to be honest, I dont see myself going that low any time soon.

I am mostly just building this because I have had the box sitting for ages and its about time I do something with it, and would be interesting to see how the same builds hit with less voltage drop.

Edit: Well, out of the 30 some or more fets I have, dont look like none are suitable for this build. Most of them are higher voltage and rated for much less amps.
Edit again: I looked at the fet listed in the build you posted a link to. Looks like the fet needs to see 3.5v or higher to switch. So I am guessing that would work as a low voltage cutoff too? If so, another good reason to use a fet to switch over just using just a momentary switch 

Well, another edit: Would making up a dummy cell and wiring it up to a plug that I can plug in my homemade 1s2p pack, and charge it from a normal LiIon charger? Or would the charging algorithm be all wrong? I assume where they are wired in parallel, they would already be balance charged. But my assumptions have been wrong many times.
Yup, I will probably be bugging the shit out of you on this tread for a bit hahaSarcastic_hand

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
22-03-2015 03:56 PM