Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
micro coils
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
micro coils
Ok, sorry no pictures, I'll take them on the next build.

I watched this video

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www....pkhemENflA

And decided to have a play as the dream atomiser wasn't wicking after the last strip down.

Now, I'll categorically state, I set myself up for a fail, wanted to use too much wick, only had .2mm kanthal and used too big a screw driver and too big a blow lamp........

Its reading 4.6 ohm on the vamo but fuck me if it doesn't work!

I'm running out of wick and I need thicker kanthal but I'm definitely sticking at this because the vape is amazing, I guess what I should do is use my scar for these tests rather than a tetchy bottom coil atomiser but damm, of this is a fail, I really can't wait for success, seriously guys, give this a try, the results are well worth it, and the actual task is real easy, including two strip downs and reassemblies, it took forty minutes to enjoy success.

Month end, I'm hitting up stealthvapes for a crap load of rebuilding gear because I'm really having fun now, one downside is I'm hammering the eliquid lol, I'm diwn to minty flavours and menthol and fruit salad.....
25-10-2013 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
RE: micro coils
Thanks for reminding me man! I completely forgot about those Micro Coils and have been meaning to try it out. I'm gonna definitely give it a go.

I'm right there with ya on the juice Big Grin I'm running out too

I'll tell you what I did on my Igo-L which I've had great success with and it vapes like a steam train. It might be another thing you can try if you feel inclined.

32 gauge Kanthal 
Two wraps around a double folded 2mm silica wick (4 pieces inside the coil)
Space the coils nicely apart
You end up with a 1.4 ohm (ish) coil that gives great flavour and masses of vapour 

I don't know if anyone else has tried this, it's just something I myself came up with but other than the flavour and vapour production, the main benefit is the burnt juice doesn't collect in and around the coil due to the spacing and lack of trapped juice that collects when more coils are spaced closer together.

You might not like it but I certainly do.

The beauty of all of this is it's great fun to experiment and when something goes right, it's a great sense of satisfaction thrown in Smile
25-10-2013 08:56 PM
gords1001 Offline

I'm with you n experimentation, now my colds gone I need to give my scar a fwir trial and I definitely want a Genesis style atty to play with, I love bottom coil tanks but their not helpful with experimenting.

my next step is to try cotton wool, once I get micro coils down pat, they do give tremendous vapour production just because they create one solid hot spot, get the juice to that and its vapour city.

how are you getting on with the davide? did I get lucky or is it too airy or are you a happy camper?
25-10-2013 09:13 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
(25-10-2013 09:13 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I'm with you n experimentation,  now my colds gone I need to give my scar a fwir trial and I definitely want a Genesis style atty to play with, I love bottom coil tanks but their not helpful with experimenting.

my next step is to try cotton wool,  once I get micro coils down pat,  they do give tremendous vapour production just because they create one solid hot spot, get the juice to that and its vapour city.

how are you getting on with the davide? did I get lucky or is it too airy or are you a happy camper?

So far brilliant, it's on a different level to the Kanger Protank 

Draw is about right for me, fairly loose but it can be manipulated with the beauty ring. I have a vented beauty ring I ordered from Fasttech which I'll use when it arrives as I do like to use the ring to support the tank on the threads. 

Only gurgling issues I've had so far have been minimal and even then it's only when the juice gets below one third left and begins to heat a little. So yeah! very happy with it and the MOST important thing about it....

NO METALLIC TASTE!! Big Grin the center tube is chrome plated brass instead of low grade steel (as used in the Original Kanger Protank) so doesn't taint the Vapour 

I received a new toy today which I'll make a post about later Wink
26-10-2013 11:56 AM
gords1001 Offline

cool. gkad you like it I was worried it'd be too airy.

cant wait to hear about tge new toy
26-10-2013 03:02 PM