Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
machine that makes ejuice on demand?
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: machine that makes ejuice on demand?
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if there's a machine like that available somewhere, because I was talking to the owner of a local shop and he was telling me that they have a machine that they just dial in the ratio of nicotine, flavor, PG and VG and it spits out a couple hundred bottles' worth. But it's possible that he had it custom designed like Almost Jaded said. Or for all I know, he could have built it himself, since he's a really tech-saavy engineering type guy. 
11-04-2015 05:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,193
You'd want to check the food/drink manufacturing journals. What you are looking for is conceptually close to how soft drinks get mixed.

Dishwasher dosing machines could be repurposed most likely.

Or medical peristaltic pumps.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
11-04-2015 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
One thing that comes to mind is the custom paint machines at hardware stores. I am sure such a machine will not be cheap to be made though

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
11-04-2015 06:45 PM
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
The cost of having a machine designed to make multiple types of juice could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to make.  You're talking precision robotics and software engineering.  Unless you're manufacturing on an industrial scale, it's not cost effective.

Also, 99% of juice is not ready to vape as soon as it's mixed...it needs to steep.  So selling juice that's not going to taste right for anywhere from 1-4 weeks is redundant anyway.

As far as finding wholesalers...the best place to find them is through manufacturer websites.  Most list their distributors on their sites...find a few of those and you'll find the better ones by researching big names.  The shop I work at uses more than 10 wholesalers.

If you are starting a shop, and you are not familiar with mixing juice...I'd highly recommend NOT making your own house juice.  Making juice in bulk can get complicated very quickly.  Coming up with recipes, actually mixing in a STERILE ROOM, rotating steeping stock, and training staff to keep it all accurate and accounted for.  Some states require health inspections if you mix in house as well. 

If you're looking for good house juices, there are many companies that sell bulk juice that you can rebottle and label with your own shop's name.  These juices are generally 50VG/50PG or 60VG/40PG and most come in 16 ounce bottles, which you rebottle in 10ml or 15ml "house" bottles.

There is a lot more to running a reputable shop than just stocking the shelves and keeping accurate books.  The most important thing to have in a successful vape shop is a knowledgeable, friendly, trustworthy staff.  Once you have the stock and staff...then you can find your specific "gimmick" to attract business.

The shop I work at specializes in carrying juice that no one else in our area carries, custom mods, and being a hangout.  Michael can attest to that as he's been to my shop.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 08:24 AM by Nihilum.)
12-04-2015 08:17 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nihilum's post:
Michael (04-12-2015), Spasmod (04-14-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

+1 to Nihilum's post. That shop is the coolest hangout ever, they've got a pool table and a couple random guys who basically live there even though they're just customers, tons of awesome mods and atties, a couple hundred flavors of juice... I think I'm in love with your shop, dude. 
12-04-2015 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (04-14-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
That's kinda interesting and new idea !
13-04-2015 06:49 AM
slowfootvapes Offline

Likes Given: 4
THe only part of the process in mixing I know that exists is an automated nic dispenser. http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/BrandT...oC7cjw_wcB

Maybe this company can help......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnLxRqVK-V0
13-04-2015 12:58 PM
nuvapesohio Offline

Likes Given: 0
thank you for your feedback.after researching this weekend i believe it will be difficult to have an on demand machine.Would it be cost effective to just have the liquid made in gallon drums then bottle it for the customer on demand?is that even possible.im still learning about the steeping process,and would u consider having a bar area for people to hangout or will that just cause crowding.
13-04-2015 02:03 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Having a bar with testers to try the juice is absolutely necessary. The best vape shops don't feel like a store, they feel like a place to hang out and try new things. Nobody wants to buy juice that they haven't tasted. 
I would suggest you just pre-bottle it. There's absolutely no benefit to bottle it on demand, unless you want to mix custom pg:vg ratios, but it's much better to let your juice steep in the bottle before selling it anyway. 
13-04-2015 07:30 PM