Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
istick50 and atlantis
simon482 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: istick50 and atlantis
yeah i was all sorts of stupid in the head. i was thinking you could set the ohms, watt and volts all separate of each other that is what i was asking what to set each one at. not sure what i was thinking on that one. i know that you you set 1 and the others auto correct to match, i had a serious brain fart on that one. sorry for being stupid for a few days there.
31-03-2015 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes simon482's post:
BOB (04-01-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Bah, don't worry about it. I do stupid crap all the time and have enough brain farts to destroy the ozone layer. Rofl
01-04-2015 12:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
BOB (04-01-2015), Michael (04-01-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
I have both an iStick 30 and a 50.  

You really can't go wrong between the SubTank, the Atlantis, and the Arctic.  All good choices for the iStick's.  Personally, I went with the SubTank Mini and I *LOVE* it.

For the casual user, those are all kind of overkill.  The 30 I got is for my wife, and she's never had it over 8 watts AFAIK.  So I just gave her the ProTank III from my old MVP2 with it's "factory" 1.8 ohm coils, and it's fine for her.  She's also a light user, and a fully charged the 30 lasts her 2-3 days.

In comparison, my 50 with the SubTank running custom coils on my modified build deck, I run between .5 and 1.0 ohms usually between 18 and 28 watts.  With double the battery capacity, I get one full day out of it before the battery is dying.  I've actually managed to kill it completely in one day on two occasions.  But I vape a LOT - I go through 20 ml or so a day even at those moderate power levels.

So the casual user will never need the power capability of a badass tank and battery, and frankly, getting someone like that a tank that can handle 30-80 watts is almost a disservice, as the coils that can handle that power, also need more power to run in the first place (my MVP2 maxed out at 11 watts and barely fired the SubTank coils enough to get decent flavor for example).  A user that might get much longer battery life and be perfectly happy vaping at 7.5 watts, will be getting half the battery life at 15 watts to no real benefit to them.

Food for thought.  ;-)    

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
12-04-2015 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (04-12-2015)