Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
istick50 and atlantis
simon482 Offline

Likes Given: 0
istick50 and atlantis
i already have the atlantis tank and my istick50 will be here on friday. just curious if any of you have this set up and what the best setting is on it for max flavour/cloud or just what the best setting over all is. thanks!
25-03-2015 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: istick50 and atlantis
Hey, Simon! I don't have the iStick but I do have an Atlantis. I found that the max I can go with it is around 30W but the best flavor and clouds for me on my Sigelei 100W+ is around 24W. There are a couple things that can cause variations so your results may vary slightly from mine. Those variations are the juice being used and the iStick itself compared to my Sigelei.

I am pretty sure you will like it though. It was one of the first sub-ohm BCC atties and there are a couple now that out perform it but it's still a fantastic clearo! I have no complaints with mine. Wink
25-03-2015 01:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
simon482 Offline

i just watched a video saying not to take it over 30watts. guess i'll just have to play around with it and find out what's best. here's a stupid question. can i set the ohms and watts separate ? or is it that i can only play with the watts or ohms? i probably won't be touching the volts on it. the video i was watching i saw it set at 3.3 ohms but the coil in the atlantis is .5 so does that mean it won't work at 3.3?
26-03-2015 02:09 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
"Ohms" is not something you can set, it's just a unit of resistance, which basically means how easily the wire allows the power to flow through it. So the only way to change the ohms is to change the coils. I'm not sure what different resistances are available for the Atlantis, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find one anywhere near 3.3 ohms since it's made for sub-ohm vaping. 

Here's how it works: ohms, volts, and watts are all interrelated through a formula called Ohm's Law. Volts and watts are measurements of power, so when you raise one, the other is raised too. If you change the wattage on your iStick, you'll also see the voltage changing automatically. Resistance, on the other hand, is just a measurement of how hard it is for the power to flow through the coils, so it will stay the same unless you change out your coil. Lower resistance means power can flow more easily through the coil, which makes the coils heat up faster and give you a warmer vape with bigger clouds. You can check out my article about Ohm's Law in the FAQ section if you want to learn more in-depth about how to use Ohm's Law. 

For the guy in the video, anything higher than 30 watts would burn up his coils very quickly since his coils were 3.3 ohms. But 30 watts on a 3.3 ohm coil will be VERY different from 30 watts on a .5 ohm coil. It really depends on what you like, just so long as you don't burn out your coils you're fine. I frequently use RDAs built to .2 ohms at 80 watts. It's helpful to know a bit about Ohm's Law when you're figuring out what power settings to use, since the resistance will drastically influence the power settings you should use. 

I hope that helps, I tried to cover everything without getting too scientific but this is one subject where I turn into a complete nerd Tongue
26-03-2015 02:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
BOB (03-26-2015)
simon482 Offline

pretty sure i got what you're saying. now i am just trying to find someone that can give me a rough time between charging on the istick 30 for my mom. she is a light to moderate user. i'm thinking 3-5 days since the 50 can go that for a heavy user.
27-03-2015 12:17 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
The istick shows roughly how much battery is left on the left side of the screen, so just charge it whenever the battery icon is almost empty. I'd say it would probably last a few days, but it depends on the power level, how much she vapes, etc etc. 
27-03-2015 03:21 AM
wedgtail Offline

Likes Given: 3
I have the thirty wat model normally vape on 14 watts will last all day and just charge at night using a sub tank mini with a 1.2 ohm coil and cotton build 
27-03-2015 03:26 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wedgtail's post:
Almost Jaded (04-12-2015)
Nihilum Offline

The Atlantis can not handle going above 30 watts.  If you do, the coils will burn.  If you want to get the best bang for your buck tank...the Arctic tank is the best sub ohm tank on the market.  The modular coils are .2 ohm, dual turbine coils that run 30-100 watts.  You can also use high VG juices in it because it heats up enough that it doesn't get the "goop" like most coils. 

I have two Arctic tanks that I run on my IPV 3.  I range my wattage from 60-95 watts all day long and the coil lasts about 3 weeks.  The one drawback of the Arctic is that it's such a juice hog.  You will literally go through juice faster in the Arctic than you will dripping.
27-03-2015 07:09 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nihilum's post:
Michael (03-28-2015)
simon482 Offline

she will be using it for the nautilus pretty much exclusive, i just ordered her the 50 and that will be the last unit she will ever need. i will be going back and forth between the nautilus and the atlantis.
28-03-2015 02:10 AM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The 50 watt I stick and an Atlantis is almost the perfect set. It has the headroom and battery capacity to handle it. It is super small as far as boxes go with almost no downside. If you want to go with the Arctic you will need a device that tops out at least 100 watts

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
28-03-2015 01:43 PM