Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
indulgence mt-rta
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
indulgence mt-rta
I'll start by saying that I think I got a bad one. This is a genuine indulgence product not a clone. (As I have been told)

It could have been good but, well, its not. Some of the things I dislike are easily remedied, some not so much.

My gripes with it;

1, the drip tip is too short, even though it's insulated the heat build up is intense.  Its that short that my lips were on the top of the tank, and that sucker gets hot too!

2, it's leaky. I wicked the thing 3 times and even used 100vg! it still leaked. Some may blame my techniques I guess, in defence though I've wicked almost every rta that's hit the market in the last 2 years and although some leaked non were as bad as this.

And n°3 is *part* of the reason;

3, the chimney it a two part deal and separates on the narrowest bit so you can't adjust the wick or even see it from the top. 

4, where the drip tip meets the chimney there is a small gap that wells up with condensed juice and gurgles when I take a hit.

5, and finaly, this is the unforgivable problem and the main cause of the leaking. The lower chimney/coil housing is in two parts, that in my humble opinion, should be machined in one piece or at least friction welded together.. but they're not. It's an interference/push fit for crying out loud. The design of the atty is such that the chimney holds the whole body together once assembled, but it can easily pop apart when it's tightened or indeed any force applied, like picking the vape up by atty. Self destruct much? Who needs juice anyway?! 
My lower chimney/coil housing bit was out of round, (hence my first words about having a bad one) i noticed it when i originally disassembled it. So obviously I tried to pinch it back into a circle with a two finger pincer grip.. It squashed even further out of shape with comparativly little force. Again one could assign me the blame for that, though again in my defence I work metal for a living and have done for a number of years.

My conclusion; it sucks.. Which is a shame because the flavour is dam good and the clouds are spot on

I'll try to upload pics in order of gripes if I can (except no4 gripe as my camera can't focus that close in). 

[Image: 20151124_232011_zpszpuf2kzl.jpg][Image: tempFileForShare_2015-11-25-00-19-08_zpsl1ks9c0t.jpg][Image: tempFileForShare_2015-11-25-00-17-01_zpsqseoqsmz.jpg][Image: tempFileForShare_2015-11-25-00-16-25_zpso4edcem8.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 12:53 AM by gentlydoingit*.)
25-11-2015 12:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
Spasmod (11-25-2015)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
RE: indulgence mt-rta
Well the pics didn't land as I'd hoped. (But at least there's only one of each Tongue)
In mobile version
Top left is gripe 1
Bottom left  gripe 2
Top right gripe 3
Bottom right grip 5

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 03:58 PM by gentlydoingit*.)
25-11-2015 12:34 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
The indulgence is crap. With so many good choices out there I agree. Avoid this ill conceived aborted attempt at an RTA.

i took the drip tip off my aromamizer and the stupid air control vape band. It is not at all hot at 50w with a .28 build. Still don't like tha tank BUT - no leaks. None. Why? Bottom fill, baby. Every top fill I have leaks. Every damn one. Too bad the cloud and taste are just not quite there. Also got the mini and go through juice way too fast - means a lot of refilling - I don't mind the juice - I use a DIY sugar cookie but I refill way too often. 

Now just my opinion but the two best RTAs are the Crius and Bellus. If the Bellus did not leak it would be perfect for me. Ditto for the Crius. Now if you do not know about this ...

The CoV Vengeance tank is bar none the best flavor tank I have ever used. I love my bellus. I love my crown and TFV4. But this tank is a dripper. Honest. It is short enough from the coil to the drip tip that you get max flavor like a dripper. It is wide bore. It has a few drawbacks though.

It has a proprietary drip tip
I cannot get more than about 3.5 mm of juice in the tank
It guzzles juice at an alarming rate
No info on the coils - are they kanthal or SS?
Occasional bad coil
No RBA yet. Just one coil head - a .2 ohm coil but it is fantastic.

It has some pros too
Love the drip tip it comes with
Cheap coils
Amazing flavor
You can find coils for 20 dollars for a TEN pack
It does not leak ( yes, it is bottom fill and that is great for me)
One of the best looking tanks out there - short and beautiful

I vape this at 60 watts on any of my devices with no dry hits. The wicking is just great. On their CoV facebook page they say they are good up to 100 watts. I find a 100 watts too hot with that drip tip. I find over 70 watts the flavor starts to decline. The sweet spot for me is between 55 - 65 watts.

You can take the tank apart. The threads, the o-rings, the pyrex glass - all top notch. It is 22 mm and it is SS construction. If I broke or lost my tank would I purchase another tank? Hell yes.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 04:50 AM by paulS.)
25-11-2015 01:25 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,298
Thanks for the review Mike, Much appreciated!

It's a shame in a way as it seems to have a lot of potential but is let down by a few simple schoolboy errors.. 
25-11-2015 12:28 PM