Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iStick trouble
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,291
RE: iStick trouble
Pull the coil out.  the very very bottom piece, thelittle metal bit that contacts the battery post - get your fingernails between it and the rubber seal and *gently* tug on it.  It should slide out a little.  Bring it out a millimeter or so, and put it back in and remount it.  Sometimes those posts get shoved in too far and can't make contact with the battery.

If that doesn't work, I'm just gonna say it was probably defective from teh start and burned out.  *shrug*

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
25-04-2015 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Whiskey (04-25-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
(25-04-2015 06:57 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  Pull the coil out.  the very very bottom piece, thelittle metal bit that contacts the battery post - get your fingernails between it and the rubber seal and *gently* tug on it.  It should slide out a little.  Bring it out a millimeter or so, and put it back in and remount it.  Sometimes those posts get shoved in too far and can't make contact with the battery.

If that doesn't work, I'm just gonna say it was probably defective from teh start and burned out.  *shrug*

OK here is what I did. I ent to the Mall store where I purchasd my system. Apparently when The coil came loose I finger tightened it. Well I guess you need a litle more than that. He used pliers, tightened it, and it works.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
25-04-2015 08:17 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

All that tells me, is that I was right about teh bottom connector.  You should never, EVER have to put a coil in more than finger tight.  Pulling the bottom pin down accomplishes the same thing - without risking damage to the tank.

25-04-2015 11:57 PM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(25-04-2015 11:57 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  All that tells me, is that I was right about teh bottom connector.  You should never, EVER have to put a coil in more than finger tight.  Pulling the bottom pin down accomplishes the same thing - without risking damage to the tank
I do believe you WERE right. I was a little taken aback when he puled out his pliers. It's not that i didn't believe you, I went to the shop in case I needed to return it. If it happens again, I know what to do..Thanks Good

I have a step-son who has a good heart. He knew I was vaping and ordered me a Caravella Mech Mod. I have no idea how to use it. I looked at some YouTube videos, but they didn't really explain. What the sam hill is a Mech Mod?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 12:05 AM by jerryz.)
26-04-2015 12:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
Michael (04-26-2015)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
A mech mod (short for mechanical mod) is the simplest type of mod, as far as components go. It's just a conductive tube that a battery fits into, with a button and a 510 connection, no electronic components or circuits whatsoever. What this means is that it puts out 100% of the battery's power with no regulation. So when you have a fully charged battery, the mech mod will fire at about 4.2V, and as the battery gets depleted it will put out a little less power. Mech mods are great because they're so simple. You can take them all the way apart into just a few pieces to clean it if you need to, and it's very easy to put back together. There's hardly anything that can go wrong with a mech, because there are so few parts that could break, so they're reliable. You do need to make sure you don't use too low of resistance with your atomizer though, because it's unregulated so it could put a strain on your battery. But as long as you're careful, mech mods are great. I've actually got a review of the Caravela here on the forum, it's a good mod. 
26-04-2015 03:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Thanks Michael..It is cool looking. I haven't had the chance to fiddle with it yet. It came with a ProTank2. Do I need to be careful on what tank I use on it?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
26-04-2015 10:25 AM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Well since it's going to put out 4.2V when fully charged, that's a lot of power for a tank. I probably wouldn't use a Protank 2 on it. If you do, it will make bigger clouds than it would with lower power devices, but it will also burn up your coils faster. But a mechanical mod really shines with lower resistance coils, like an Atlantis, SubTank or an RDA. Just be careful not to use TOO low resistance, I'd say try to stay above .2 ohms or so, depending on what kind of battery you're using, because using atomizers with too low resistance can put too much strain on your battery and cause it to vent, overheat, or (worst case scenario) explode. What kind of battery do you have for it? 
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 08:19 PM by Michael.)
26-04-2015 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

The ProTank2 has a variety of coils available for it, ranging from 1.2 up to about 2.5 ohms.  4.2 volts is on the high side for a Protank2, but with a 2.5 ohm coil should only be putting out something like 7.5 watts.  Definitely not the cloud maker that a mech mod like that is intended to be, but it won't hurt anything, lol.

26-04-2015 08:49 PM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(26-04-2015 08:18 PM)Michael Wrote:  Well since it's going to put out 4.2V when fully charged, that's a lot of power for a tank. I probably wouldn't use a Protank 2 on it. If you do, it will make bigger clouds than it would with lower power devices, but it will also burn up your coils faster. But a mechanical mod really shines with lower resistance coils, like an Atlantis, SubTank or an RDA. Just be careful not to use TOO low resistance, I'd say try to stay above .2 ohms or so, depending on what kind of battery you're using, because using atomizers with too low resistance can put too much strain on your battery and cause it to vent, overheat, or (worst case scenario) explode. What kind of battery do you have for it? 
It came with a 18650 battery, I believe 2200mAH. Not sure of the brand or the voltage.  

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
26-04-2015 09:07 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,229
18650 cells are 4.2V when fully charged. Their nominal voltage is usually said to be 3.6 or 3.7V. By the time they are down to that voltage they are essentially flat for vaping purposes.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
26-04-2015 09:13 PM