Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[help] Tips about RTA's/RDA's for beginner/swapping from clearomizer
sweetagge Offline

Likes Given: 2
[help] Tips about RTA's/RDA's for beginner/swapping from clearomizer
Hello, i was wondering A few things, as im somewhat new to vaping. And I feel as if some things are widely known but never discussed in detail for those who are new.
I'm in thoughts of buying an RTA, as I want to upgrade my game from a simple clearomizer. But I'm not yet sure if it's worth it. They say the flavour is better. But I have a somewhat hard time deciding if its worth it or not. As every time I look at a review I hear that the clearomizers have "great" taste. Is that "great" taste comparable to the "great" tasting RTA's?
I'm currently vaping a MELO III and I was thinking of switching it to a Serpent Mini RTA.. is it worth it? Would it be much of an improvement at all? Or are RTA's not that much better than clearomizers? Are only RDA's that put themselves apart? And how different is the taste in RTA's and RDA's?
These are a few things I'd like to know. And I'm sure a lot of new capers would like to know as well, so feel free to leave your opinion on the matter Smile
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 03:33 PM by sweetagge.)
25-10-2016 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: [help] Tips about RTA's/RDA's for befinner/swapping from clearomizer
I can't help in this instance, but there is a long running thread by PaulS, resident expert, Which RTA Should I Get.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
25-10-2016 01:28 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like bibliora's post:
Fatboy (10-25-2016), Michael (10-25-2016), sweetagge (10-25-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: [help] Tips about RTA's/RDA's for befinner/swapping from clearomizer
It really depends on the particular tanks. I've had RDAs and RTAs that didn't have as good flavor as a clearomizer, and I've had RDAs and RTAs that were much better. I've heard the Serpent Mini is among the best. One thing worth mentioning is the date on reviews really matters: reviews from six months ago will say that the TFV4 has the best flavor ever, and reviews from two years ago will say that the Kanger ProTank has the best flavor ever, but vaping has evolved so quickly that there's no contest between those. And another thing to think about is the builds people use. A clearomizer with a good Clapton coil will probably taste better than an RTA with a simple single coil, regardless of whether the tank is actually better or not. I know it's a bit confusing, so as a general rule of thumb, RTAs are usually way better than clearomizers, but there are exceptions to the rule with really good clearomizers and really bad RTAs.
25-10-2016 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
ecignut (10-25-2016), sweetagge (10-25-2016), TinWhisker (10-25-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,292
RE: [help] Tips about RTA's/RDA's for beginner/swapping from clearomizer
I've also heard good things about the Serpent Mini RTA but haven't used one myself - like Michael noted above, there are great RTAs out there, great RDAs as well - I prefer and would recommend an RDTA as something for you to consider and look at - best of both worlds... you have far greater options and can build basic coils but can then expand and grow your skills on it while significantly limited on an RTA....and and RDTA is far more forgiving for a beginner... Smile
25-10-2016 08:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Michael (10-25-2016)