Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hello
liam Offline

Likes Given: 9
hello
Hi there all'

I was invited by a very interesting fellow, and i hope i can call him a friend 18sixfifty.I have been vaping a little over a year. after alot of trial and error i've pretty much decided for now anyway I vape gennys, and i only vape ceramic wicks. though I am intrested in trying hemp on my kfl...
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 05:28 AM by liam.)
04-02-2014 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,193
RE: hello
Hi and welcome Liam.

I've not tried ceramic wicks, in fact I've not noticed their being sold.

do tell us more!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
04-02-2014 06:46 AM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Hi liam, welcome to the forum
04-02-2014 08:02 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard, we are a mellow bunch around this place. Nice to see you here and yes you can consider me your friend I hope to earn the title.
04-02-2014 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,566
Hi Liam and welcome to TVF, yep we're a pretty easy going mellow bunch here and hopefully you'll enjoy the atmosphere.

I'm keen to hear your take on Ceramic wicks Liam, I've heard both good and bad - and that they can take a week or more to fully begin wicking properly.

@Don Ceramic wicks aren't something you can specifically buy (that I'm aware of) you would normally make one yourself from a ceramic airstone used in fish tanks for example. The beauty of ceramic is there's nothing to taint the taste of the juice and no shorts from the coils. The downside is getting it to wick substantially enough but some people have got it figured out.

Liam, Another TVF member is just about trying some Hemp wick right now. I'll try to find out his thoughts on it for you.

Anyhow, Welcome to TVF and sorry for the rambling Smile

Spas
04-02-2014 02:17 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to TVF, Liam!  I'm curious to hear more about the ceramic wicks as well.  I haven't tried them yet and, like Don, never knew where to get them.  Spas, if you're right about it being airstones, that's really interesting.  I'll need to look into that stuff.
04-02-2014 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
liam Offline

(04-02-2014 02:17 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Hi Liam and welcome to TVF, yep we're a pretty easy going mellow bunch here and hopefully you'll enjoy the atmosphere.

I'm keen to hear your take on Ceramic wicks Liam, I've heard both good and bad - and that they can take a week or more to fully begin wicking properly.

@Don Ceramic wicks aren't something you can specifically buy (that I'm aware of) you would normally make one yourself from a ceramic airstone used in fish tanks for example. The beauty of ceramic is there's nothing to taint the taste of the juice and no shorts from the coils. The downside is getting it to wick substantially enough but some people have got it figured out.

Liam, Another TVF member is just about trying some Hemp wick right now. I'll try to find out his thoughts on it for you.

Anyhow, Welcome to TVF and sorry for the rambling Smile

Spas

Please by all means rambel..I figured that's what we all came to do here anyway,and i'm pretty good at it.
first...yes you can buy ceramic wicks you don't need to make your own anymore....as a matter of fact if you buy any Zenisis atomizer like the Z-atty they give you two ceramic wicks with the purchase.

I'd be happy to talk about ceramic wicks.I'd been vaping a little aga-t2 with mesh, and thought it was a big improvment on the chinese cartos and attys.The downside was that mesh had a metallic taste, and it really made the juice in my tank dark and dirty..About a year ago i came across a video on you tube of some brilliant hillbilly in florida making his own ceramic wicks out of an aquarium air stone. I tracked him down to the ecf vaping forum and discovered that he had started a thread on ceramic wicks,for the next 8-12 months a dedicated group made...experimented with... and learned how to vape ceramic wicks.
 Why..... because even at the early stages we could see that ceramic gave an unparalleled taste or had the potential too.

You can buy ceramic wicks the fc-2000 it's a great wick. when we do make our own wicks we no longer use the aquarium air stone, but a block of ceramic that is used in the tile trade.
As for wicking right now I'm vaping a ceramic wick on a .6 coil wrapped with 27 gauge kanthal...if you need more than that then ceramic is probablly not your thing...but a .6 coil is plenty intense for me. anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask...ceramic does have a pretty big learning curve and it can be fustrating,but if you are a flavor hound you'll pay the price.

Here in the U.S. we use a wick called the fc-2000 which you can buy online.....there is a ceramic wick made in Germany called the rauschert ceramic wick....the german wick I'm not really sure about...I used it about 6 or7 months ago it was their first generation I'm sure they've made improvment, but I can't swear to that....we here found it an inferior wick.

(04-02-2014 06:46 AM)Don Wrote:  Hi and welcome Liam.

I've not tried ceramic wicks, in fact I've not noticed their being sold.

do tell us more!

Hey Don the closest to you is at Zivipf.de website this is for the rauschert ceramic wick....i can't swear by their wick,,
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 05:11 PM by liam.)
04-02-2014 04:42 PM
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
Welcome to the forums!
Sounds like ceramic wick might be a good idea to try in my hybrid.

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
04-02-2014 11:04 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,193
Thanks Liam, I'll take a look. The website is down for maintenance just now so I'll look in the morning.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
04-02-2014 11:19 PM
liam Offline

I've been vaping ceramic wicks for so long I forgot a very important point....the smallest ceramic wick you can buy is 7/64 in diameter this means there are very few stock attys you can use them in I think the Z-atty and a few that have 3mm wick holes. Alot of the times it is neccesarry to bore out the wick hole.....on a clone, no big deal, but you need to know the wicks well enough, before boring out a high end atty, because odds are you won't be able to trade it with the larger wick hole...
05-02-2014 12:01 AM