Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eXpromizer Clone Review
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,209
eXpromizer Clone Review
This was provided free for review by hekvapor.

This is a very faithful clone - it is a genuine 1:1 clone as all parts are 100% interchangeable with the real one. Even the box has been clonesd though it does have th ehekvapor branding on one side of the lid. IMO the box is of better quality than the genuine one. This is not what you expect with clones.

In all the following pics, the genuine one is on the left and the clone on the right. Both are version 1.1 of the eXpromizer, there is a v.1.2 out now but I've not yet looked up the detailed differences between it and the v.1.1 I have.

The boxes. The genuine one on the left has a juice stain on it that is my fault.
[Image: 15217306418_5dbd427aa9_b.jpg]

Inside. The stain on the instructions on the genuine one is GVC - it smells rather nice Smile
[Image: 15217307408_37c76c15f9_b.jpg]
The manuals are identical or if there are any differences I've yet to spot them. Not that the manual is actually hugely useful, but that applies to both...

So now past the boring stuff to see what's in the box. The extension section in the left hand (original) box is not standard issue, I bought it from Exvape.de. It wasn't cheap but allows a 10ml capacity but I found it tended to leak the last 2-3ml. I think I now know why this is and the spares kill will let me fix that, but more on that later.
[Image: 15261877657_342a95059b_b.jpg]

I spent several hours playing Lego with these two atomisers and every component from the genuine fits on the clone and vice versa. It took several hours to find this out as I took a great deal of care not to mix up the parts. The only visible difference is the drip tip which is a minutely different shape and has a black O ring on the original and a translucent white one on the clone. It really is a 1:1 clone. Once I've built it, I'll check that they vape identically using identical coils (Or as close to identical as I can make them), wicks, mods and juice. They are going to look odd on the only pair of identical mods I have, a pair of 21mm Origins. The eXpromizer is a 23mm atomiser. My original was bought used so I can't compare the spares packages between the two. The clone came with a bit of wick and the usual skinny wire. If anyone wants skinny wire, I have lots of it in 6" chunks.
[Image: 15261741730_7c19204df8_b.jpg]

You can see the tiny differences in the drip tips in this picture. While it doesn't look it, it is actually a very comfortable drip tip to use. The atty stands came with my two Rose clones.
[Image: 15445275701_d071105a54_b.jpg]

Disassembled. This is where I ran into my first difference between the two. The second component down, the cap with the tube in it was missing an O ring. No big deal there are about 6 of them in the spares package but annoying nonetheless. It will almost certainly leak without this O ring. But it is obvious that there should be one there. Especially when you have a genuine one beside it. There were also no deck screws installed but I'll give them a pass on that as there were three in the spares bag. this might even be intentional as they tend to fall out and get lost when opening a new atty - I'd actually prefer the screws to be in the spares kit rather than installed. I'd like it more if there had been more than three of them in the bag. This (maybe) and the O ring definitely are Quality Control issues that shouldn't happen.
[Image: 15445280091_01e98e9a21_b.jpg]

O ring installed in clone
[Image: 15445281141_1537506318_b.jpg]

The chimney cap is in this shot for a reason. As shipped, this atomiser would not have worked and would have leaked like crazy. There was no O ring installed in the chimney cap. This is essentially a Kayfun deck and like the Kayfun it depends on the vacuum produced when you suck on it to get juice into the wicks and up to the coils. Without that O ring you'll be trying to suck up juice. Trust me sucking near-boiling juice into your mouth is not fun. I wouldn't have noticed this and would have written a very scathing review about a non-working leaking monstrosity if I hadn't had a real one to compare it with. There was a spare O ring in the bag of bits but it is a huge PITA to install. And is not something a new user should be elected to know. This is a serious QC failure IMO. There is a reason you are supposed to check stuff coming off the line and this is it. 

It is now very tightly sealed, much more so than the genuine one so I went and had a look at its chimney O ring and it is looking a little battered so will be getting dug out and replaced. The same spares will fit both and Exvape keep stock of them so getting replacements is no big deal. That looseish seal (in the genuine one) may well be why it leaks when in long mode when the last 2 or so millilitres (of 8-10) tend to dribble out. It vapes perfectly well, but gets a bit drably at the bottom - I'll be interested to see if replacing that O ring solves the problem.

But i should never have had to find that out. And it takes a while to get that O ring in there without wrecking it in the process.

O ring installed. It was a real pain getting this picture...
[Image: 15261889687_1cb77649af_b.jpg]

The deck is pure Kayfun
[Image: 15261687429_03524a772d_b.jpg]
[Image: 15261688949_d01d261978_b.jpg]

To be continued once I've built it. Thanks to hekvapor for providing this and the Big Dripper for review.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
05-10-2014 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
BOB (10-05-2014)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: eXpromizer Clone Review
Nice, detailed review so far. I noticed one thing, it looks like the deck isn't 100% pure Kayfun. The airflow looks different. I seem to recall someone telling me the expromizer has a better airflow adjustment than the Kayfun, which is not hard to believe since the Kayfun sucks in that regard. 

Anyways keep it up I'm interested to see more. 
05-10-2014 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Senior Staff

I've always regarded the eXpromizer as a Kayfun done right. Better airflow, filling like a Taifun GT. The bit below the deck is completely different admittedly but the coil and wick mounting parts are exactly the same. That said, the only Kayfun I've had was a dreadful clone that leaked everywhere no matter what build I put in it. The airflow adjustment is better - if you look at my review of the real thing, it goes into some detail on the bits below the deck.

05-10-2014 08:51 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Ok thanks for clarifying. 
05-10-2014 08:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Senior Staff

The review of the real one is here

05-10-2014 08:54 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,023
Thanks for the review Don Smile I'll collar you later about the difference in vape quality Tongue doubting there'll be any
06-10-2014 11:01 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Nice review, Don. I will be reviewing mine as it arrived. It will be quick and to the point since my sample from hekvapor is defective and downright dangerous.

Once that is done I will fix the defective part and review it again. The sad thing is, since I contacted them and sent them pics of the defective Xpromizer, they simply said they've "sold over 500 and not had any complaints and they look forward to my review." ROFL! Even after contacting them again asking them if they even looked at the pics because the way it is they won't be looking forward to my review and they would see why if they did look at them. They've not replied at all. Maybe they will in the next couple days now that they should be back from holiday. We'll see how they handle things.

It's a good think I absolutely love the Big Dripper they created or I wouldn't have any faith at all in them as a company.
06-10-2014 12:42 PM