Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eLeaf still sucks
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,252
RE: eLeaf still sucks
my sister has the 20w istick ,her only complaint is its to strong . that may be more about the 20/80 vg/pg and the 1.8 ohm coil unit @ 20w than the mod though .

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
27-07-2016 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
Eggza (07-27-2016)
jasondorson Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: eLeaf still sucks
(27-01-2016 06:33 AM)BioHazardCustoms Wrote:  I was given an eLeaf iStick 100w mod for Christmas (Roughly 30 days ago, mind you). Sunday is stopped recognizing my Atlantis tank, so I switched to my Herakles tank thinking that would work. It started to display "Atomizer Short". So I switched to my Mutation RDA. Reads "No Atomizer".

Searched online, found this was a common problem with eLeaf devices. Apparently, these devices have a free floating 510, meaning that it is not actually bolted to any part of the frame, but sits in a loose socket. If a tank's threads are tight inside the 510, it can rotate, causing the positive and negative wires to cross, shorting out.
So I had my brother in law who purchased it rode to the vape shop with me yesterday to see if they would replace or repair it. They contacted the manufacturer, who pretty much told them "It's user error, and we don't cover that." So I contacted the manufacturer, at which time I was told the same thing. They basically said I am now the proud owner of a $55 paperweight. Angry

Since I've run out of options to get my device replaced, I've decided to take to the internet and spread this story to every corner that I can find. I would have been satisfied if they had offered to repair it, as this is a known manufacturer defect. Even if I had to cover shipping to them to have it repaired. I actually liked the box, and it was sleek and stylish.

I'm now looking at a Kanger 200w Kbox, or possibly a Reuleaux 200w box. Any suggestions on which you think I would like better?
Hello, have you solve the problem? Mine is Eleaf iStick TC60W, no problems so far.
27-07-2016 02:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply