Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eLeaf still sucks
Saintskinny51792 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: eLeaf still sucks
ive had my tc40w for a year and havent had any issues... was looking at upgrading to 100+ watts, which brought me to the tc100... I talked to a few BnM's in my area and they said id be better off with my other choice, the kbox 120... they all said you can feel the 'cheapness' of the device
01-03-2016 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rick Sanchez Offline

Likes Given: 1
(27-01-2016 10:18 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  The 510 center pin on either of those is also floating.. almost all 510's + pins are.  If the whole connection has twisted round then it's arguable that you over tightened it, after all, finger tight is in no way going to move the whole connector warts n all..

Wismec ftw Smile though it has been known to bost into a million pieces if you drop it from a great hight

I got the EXACT same reply from them. I purchased an eleaf 30watt, and was informed at Elk Valley Vapor that it was a top of the line product. It has been less than 2 months, and already getting atomizer short. Contacted the vap store, as well as eLeaf themselves, and they both basically gave me the finger, and said buy a new battery. I am here to voice my opinion on both the poor product quality, as well as both establishments' poor customer care. The quality of craftsmanship in America has totally gone to hell. This company is a prime example. 
26-07-2016 06:16 PM
Chuck-Drl Online
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,323
american made lost it's meaning long ago.

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
26-07-2016 06:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
Michael (07-26-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,786
(26-07-2016 06:44 PM)Chuck-Drl Wrote:  american made lost it's meaning long ago.

I didn't realize that iStick was american made - I have the mini and the 100W mods - LOVE THEM! Haven't had a single issue with either and recommended the mini to several people who use theirs daily and have no issues either....agree 100% on buying american made and getting quality or lack thereof... don't get me started on that topic... Sad
26-07-2016 07:02 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,328
Actually, foreign made lost all meaning long ago. Back a few decades ago, imported stuff was all top notch. It wasn't until all that outsourcing started happening that foreign quality started to fall off the face of the earth. Some of the most collectible tin toys are Japanese pre-war, for instance. It's the American companies that left taxation and worker compensation/regulation to make cheap stuff overseas that have forever stained both American and foreign made products' reputations. When a maker really values workmanship and quality over the almighty dollar, it doesn't matter where it originated.
26-07-2016 07:10 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Chuck-Drl (07-26-2016), Michael (07-26-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,786
(26-07-2016 07:10 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Actually, foreign made lost all meaning long ago. Back a few decades ago, imported stuff was all top notch. It wasn't until all that outsourcing started happening that foreign quality started to fall off the face of the earth. Some of the most collectible tin toys are Japanese pre-war, for instance. It's the American companies that left taxation and worker compensation/regulation to make cheap stuff overseas that have forever stained both American and foreign made products' reputations. When a maker really values workmanship and quality over the almighty dollar, it doesn't matter where it originated.

I've said it many times here, I'm OCD - as such certain things have to happen and be exactly as I want/need them to be - irony being a project manager - however I spent a better part of 2 years looking for a north american manufacturer of quality mens shoes....best I was able to find was a company in Texas (SAS)- sadly the quality sucked - ended up finding a portuguese brand comparable to the usual german made I usually purchase...
26-07-2016 07:30 PM
Chuck-Drl Online
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

GM/Chevrolet in the 70's used the slogan American made American pride . now it' like a rock 'cause after 10 years the only way it moves is towing pushing or hoisting .
cars realy blow my mind a model t can still be driven and maintained after 96 years yet an 88 taurus is an utterly useless pile of rust that in all honesty will never be road worthy again.

26-07-2016 07:39 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Chuck-Drl's post:
Fatboy (07-26-2016), Michael (07-26-2016), TinWhisker (07-26-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I'm skeptical of bashing or promoting a particular company these days on company name alone. Case in point, I used to be a huge fan of Sigelei products, everything they made was perfect and could do no wrong. Then lately I've heard a ton of bad stuff about the Fuchai and 213. But on the other hand, some folks love the Fuchai and 213. And I've heard bad things about their customer service and returns policy, so I don't know. Same with eLeaf: I love my iStick 50Ws, I have two of them that I bought right after they came out and I've never had any problems with them. But my iStick 20W had all kinds of trouble, and I hear a lot about eLeaf's terrible quality control. But then they have some products that I only hear good things about. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I try not to recommend anything based solely on the company that made it. Any company can make a good product, and any company can make a terrible product, and I think it's best to judge the products based on the actual product itself rather than the brand name. I'd still recommend the Sigelei-100W, because it's a very good product, even if the brand has shot themselves in the foot with terrible policy lately. 
26-07-2016 08:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (07-26-2016), paulS (07-26-2016)
Chuck-Drl Online
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

i think the important thing to be aware of is with the amount of product being made even the most reputable company is going to have flawed product slip through .

26-07-2016 08:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
Michael (07-27-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 3,001
This is one example of why I'm not against some kind of regulation in vaping.  Not FDA Crazy regulations mind you.  It seems even with recommendations, reviews, youtube, there is no guarantee.  Do I have to call the manufacture of every item I want to buy and check their commitment to their warranty? 

Happily, my eleaf pico is still working, but it's my travel vape device.
26-07-2016 11:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
Michael (07-27-2016)