Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cotton soaked but burn taste
chris_grsmr Offline

Likes Given: 0
cotton soaked but burn taste
I have a trident by grand vapor and my cotton is soaked thru but im getting a burnt taste after about two or three hits depending on how big a hit I take. Im wondering is there a trick to it so i dont get that cotton burn taste. Any help would be appreciated since im new to the vaping world.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 08:37 AM by chris_grsmr.)
07-05-2014 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,054
RE: cotton soaked but burn taste
Probably use a little less cotton - if it is too tight, it won't wick fast enough. It shouldn't be too tightly pulled through the coil or packed in too tight.

I reckon that's the most likely explanation for what's wrong.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
07-05-2014 10:28 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
Hi Chris, welcome to TVF!

One of the things I always check after wicking and wetting the wicks is to give it a good long hit without the cap on while simultaneously blowing rigorously over the coil.

I do this to make sure that there's no hotspots on the coil. These will show up on long hits, more often than not one of the legs will start to glow red. The fix is fairly easy, usually either shorten the leg a little by pushing it further into the post or by squeezing the coils together a little. If all else fails with manipulating the coil there's always the option of ensuring the hot leg is touching the cotton.

Of course be sure to also check the cotton isn't too tight inside the coil as Don mentioned above. Good luck mate Good
07-05-2014 11:56 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Yep a hot leg will do this more often than not. The coil should get got from the center out. If the wire leading to the coiled part gets red hot it will burn whatever juice is on it and make it taste nasty.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
07-05-2014 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
chris_grsmr Offline

I checked the coils they both glow from the inside out and I actually haveva pretty thin layer of cotton underneath the coils with no wick going inside of them. But I did nothice that one coil seems to heat up alittle fast then the other one so idk if I need to rebuiled the one thats heating up faster or the one thats not heathing up fast
07-05-2014 06:54 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I missed it that you had dual coils. You should make sure they are matched exactly wrap for wrap and they should both heat up at the same time. 

Good luck. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
07-05-2014 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
chris_grsmr Offline

Thanks guys and yea I double checked my coils wraps and how far they were from the posts I scrually wicked it differently too instead of a cotton bed I actually made small cotton wicks thru the coils and it seems to be workig a heck of a lot better now. Thanks again everyone I appreciate it im sure this wont be my only question here lol 
08-05-2014 12:53 AM
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,054
Happy Birthday Chris!

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
08-05-2014 06:04 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
That's great to hear, glad you seem to have it sorted. Smile and happy birthday too Drinks
08-05-2014 06:53 AM
chris_grsmr Offline

Thanks! Hopefully itll be a good one lol happy vaping everybody!
08-05-2014 08:37 AM