Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
chart or ??? for buying replacement parts / compatibility & safety
ShaggyKids Offline

Likes Given: 20
chart or ??? for buying replacement parts / compatibility & safety
Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is a reputable website that lists what specific parts are compatible with the different devices that one could refer to when needing to order things like replacement coils or tanks or whatever? I want to make sure the parts I buy online aren't unsafe knockoff's or something like that. 

I'm confused because the gal at our vape store said that with the device I purchased from them (Snowwolf Baby 80w) I could purchase any of their replacement tanks. But then when we went to buy tanks a couple weeks later the guy (gal wasn't there) said they don't have or keep these in stock but they could order them for us. I would much rather order what we need online, the pricing is likely going to be much better and skipping the trip is nice, too. We spend too much money when we go to the store, LOL!

Or do I have to go to the specific device website and/or read what's on the box and order that specific part? I tried to do that yesterday with my SMOK and at the 3 websites I visited, the coils I was trying to purchase were sold out. 

So, for example I'm looking for a website where I could search the model of my device and have it list every coil that's compatible with it. 

The second part of my inquiry is: I have the Snowwolf Baby 80w and the SMOK 50w. It *seems* I can swap out tanks between them because I have tried it and one seemed to work on the opposite device. What I don't know is if that is safe or not. Is there any way to know this for sure?

I did put one tank on my SMOK and got a message about the Atomizer showing it was OLD. But it looked like I could switch it over to NEW, however I did not do that because I don't know if I should or not. 

Looking forward to chatting with ya'all on this, thanks!

Deb
31-01-2019 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,421
RE: chart or ??? for buying replacement parts / compatibility & safety
In general terms, 99.999% of mods and tanks are interchangeable. The threading used to connect tank to mod is called a 510 connector. Most devices use this, as it has become the adopted standard. So, any atomizer (the 'tank' as you call it) and any mod that says it is 510 threaded will work with each other. (*Squonk mods and atty's are different because they have a hole in them- more on that later as time goes by. They are still 510, however)

Coils, of course, are the part with the cotton that makes the vapor. Those are more proprietary and most work only with the tank they come with. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general rule anyway. (And pssst... with DIY atomizers, you get to choose the coil you want because you build it yourself! Opens up a massive new world of choices, And yes, more on that later too.)
31-01-2019 07:23 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
gentlydoingit* (01-31-2019)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,669
Hi SK - when you are looking for parts etc. just google the part and many sights will pop up.
31-01-2019 07:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
TinWhisker (01-31-2019)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Want to make your head spin and drool at the same time? Check it out...

https://www.fasttech.com/category/3028/atomizers

About 10,000 atomizers (tanks, etc) that will fit on your Snow wolf! Coffee Of course, many are DIY but still, just illustrating the massive variety of kit available for our use.
31-01-2019 07:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (01-31-2019)
ShaggyKids Offline

(31-01-2019 07:27 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi SK - when you are looking for parts etc. just google the part and many sights will pop up.
That's what I did and I had time to hit 3 websites - all sold out.
31-01-2019 09:56 PM
ShaggyKids Offline

(31-01-2019 07:34 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Want to make your head spin and drool at the same time? Check it out...

https://www.fasttech.com/category/3028/atomizers

About 10,000 atomizers (tanks, etc) that will fit on your Snow wolf! Coffee Of course, many are DIY but still, just illustrating the massive variety of kit available for our use.
I-YI-YI! I guess this is a case of "Be careful what you ask for!"
31-01-2019 10:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ShaggyKids's post:
TinWhisker (02-01-2019)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

(31-01-2019 10:28 PM)ShaggyKids Wrote:  I-YI-YI! I guess this is a case of "Be careful what you ask for!"

It's meant more as just to give you an idea of the variety and compatibility of 510 devices. You can search that site for the mods too, and see how many of those there are too. Local shops can be helpful if the folks are knowledgeable and friendly, but you just can't beat the variety and pricing of the intertubes.
01-02-2019 03:38 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,727
Hi Deb, I don't think anyone addressed the "old/new" message. Anytime you swap out a tank or mod, the mod will read the newly attached tank and identify that a new tank with a different coil and ohms has been attached. When this happens click YES and the mod will adjust to the new tank automatically. In most cases the only limitation(s) on attaching any new tank to a mod is that some tanks may not fit on the mod due to design.

If you are looking for a decent tank, I would suggest the Vaporesso ESTOC that is available from most importers. Flavour is really good, coils are inexpensive and tank is extremely durable. I've used them at anything from 20W to 60W without issue.
01-02-2019 03:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Fatboy's post:
ShaggyKids (02-01-2019), TinWhisker (02-01-2019)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Deb, if you take just one word of my advice, that would be- Listen to Fatboy. This fellow knows his stuff in spades.
01-02-2019 04:05 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (02-01-2019), ShaggyKids (02-01-2019)
ShaggyKids Offline

(01-02-2019 03:58 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  Hi Deb, I don't think anyone addressed the "old/new" message. Anytime you swap out a tank or mod, the mod will read the newly attached tank and identify that a new tank with a different coil and ohms has been attached. When this happens click YES and the mod will adjust to the new tank automatically. In most cases the only limitation(s) on attaching any new tank to a mod is that some tanks may not fit on the mod due to design.

If you are looking for a decent tank, I would suggest the Vaporesso ESTOC that is available from most importers. Flavour is really good, coils are inexpensive and tank is extremely durable. I've used them at anything from 20W to 60W without issue.
Thank you so much for this info. I was going to inquire more on this tank stuff this morning and you already answered some of it Smile Great to know about the yes/no selection. Smile 

I am now wondering about is that although almost any (510) tank will fit our devices I still need to purchase tanks that are in the same watt range, correct? I like what I have and have tried higher power and don't like or need it. I'm asking only to learn and to keep safe.
01-02-2019 04:51 PM