Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
c-tratech vrda review DO NOT BUY THIS
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
c-tratech vrda review DO NOT BUY THIS
I got tjis in the mail today, from this company through planet of the vapes market place

http://www.eciglondon.com/index.aspx?pag...id=9668413

Buyer warning, buying on the potv market place seems to incurr a 10% surcharge and this company is even selling this heap of shit cheaper on their own site.

Let me take you through the complete fail that was this purchase.

It was bought last thing at night, always a dangerous proposition, and I didn't look it up till a couple of days later when it SHOULD have been here, after I SHOULD have recieved some kind of notification or acknowledgement that I'd placed an order.

What I found was this review
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvim6yoJZZE...d=0CBEQqwQ

I should end it there because having tried the thing today, I'm too pissed off and full of vitriol to not swear......

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow, but todd really sums the whole thing up. Not one of the resistance settings in any way tallies with the markings, some are as high as six ohm, the "well" allows the fluid to run out of the gaping slot that is the breather hole and because of the configuration, you can't help but get a harsh hit with NO F@#$!*&G FLAVOUR.

I'm that disappointed I've already done what I should have in the first place and ordered a smok scar rda, or gone for a look at stealthvapes and ordered the yada dripper to review.

http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/yes-another...g-atomizer
11-10-2013 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,468
RE: c-tratech vrda review DO NOT BUY THIS
oh man that's a shitter that you got a bum deal, shame you never found Todd's video before you bought it! it looks nice on the outside but real shame about inside and equally important... Where the hell are the wicks ? Big Grin that's nowhere near enough, especially for the so called 1.5 ohm dual coil setup!!

I'm having a few belated issues with my Scar.. in fact I'm not happy with it at all right now and will probably give it up as a bad job. I'd recommend the YADA as the center pin on the scar keeps pushing back into the housing causing all kinds of resistance changes while using and the connector pins are all but useless. It's gonna need some modding.

Shame really as it started off absolutely great until the problems started to rear their heads.

Don't forget Graham, if you're not entirely satisfied with your buying experience you can make a post in the 'Vendor Buying Experiences' board.
12-10-2013 03:21 AM
gords1001 Offline

I may do that, but its not really worth it, they do state no refunds unless doa. this isn't doa, its just crap. the resistance adjustment is so loose, even if you found a spot that worked, you'd loose it before you took another vape.

I actually ordered a scar, I don't intend using it all the time, just for fluid testing but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I may get an rsst to try too, but it'll have a hard time beating the dream atomiser, I think I've found the right set up, I can't get dry hits off it and the menthol kept my snot ridden head clear yesterday.
Seriously, order one, some .2 kanthal, I'm using a length of 2mm bastos,folded into thirds, I think about four or five wraps gives 1.6ohm, trim the lengths once your happy so you have three 2mm strands trapped in your coil, roll them clockwise around the atomiser base and its all good.
maybe I should have ordered the yada, just so we could have another review up

I am however very happy with the stainless ming vase drip tip

[Image: 20131012_084640_zpsc12db6b5.jpg]

goes well on the dream atomiser
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 07:53 AM by gords1001.)
12-10-2013 07:42 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I'll bring this to Vivien's attention. Perhaps she will offer some insight or maybe even a better QC'd unit as a gesture of good will.

I sincerely hope their other products are better than the VRDA, my own enthusiasm about C-Tratech has completely gone for nowConfused
12-10-2013 10:17 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I do like that drip tip too, how does it feel for comfort on the lips ?

PS.. since you ordered the Scar, you might want to check out this post as I have found the issue with the changing resistance while Vaping. Well worth checking on yours when it arrives.
12-10-2013 03:30 PM
gords1001 Offline

yeah, I just read up on it.

it might not be on its way yet, I've had to verify my PayPal so the payment got bounced, if I get an email saying its not coming I'll cancel and order the yada next week.

picked up a new bottom coil tank in wigan today, a davide glassomiser, I'm quite impressed for a twelve quid device it works extremely well, I'm starting to really like these bottom coil tanks.

new thread will be started when I've finished cooking tea and got the kids out of the way, toni's been in bed ill all day so gords has been free to mooch this morning.
12-10-2013 03:51 PM
gords1001 Offline

its actually really nice, really really nice.

I'm not sure if the scar is coming or not, I got order confirmation from real vapes, but paypal says they bounced the payment till I get my account verified, if its not coming without me resending im going to cancel and order a yada to pkay with.

Here's a spoiler for later.

[Image: 20131012_173600_zps4ca7165d.jpg]
12-10-2013 05:01 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(12-10-2013 05:01 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  its actually really nice,  really really nice.

I'm not sure if the scar is coming or not, I got order confirmation from real vapes, but paypal says they bounced the payment till I get my account verified, if its not coming without me resending im going to cancel and order a yada to pkay with.

Here's a spoiler for later.

[Awesome Pic)
I've been looking at this one for a while Graham, the only thing that's held me back is I'm not sure what the center post is made from.

IF it's Chrome coated Brass I may well go for one but if it's that Thin low quality spring steel that's in a Kanger PT Oroginal then I will give it a miss.

One thing though... I really want to give your Vamo a Vape LOL it looks very appealing just sitting there with that Juice in Big Grin
12-10-2013 08:48 PM
gords1001 Offline

seriously buddy, just buy one of them, you'll love it. For a cheap day to day tank its amazing, the fluid? next tume I'm in wigan I'll pick you a bottle up and send it down, I'm on 8mg/nic with this but its available stronger if you need, I'm a much happier camper today.

oh, and the vamo's looking seriously depleted now low, I'm severely using up the newness on this one lol
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 09:03 PM by gords1001.)
12-10-2013 09:00 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(12-10-2013 09:00 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  seriously buddy, just buy one of them, you'll love it. For a cheap day to day tank its amazing,  the fluid?  next tume I'm in wigan I'll pick you a bottle up and send it down, I'm on 8mg/nic with this but its available stronger if you need, I'm a much happier camper today.

oh, and the vamo's looking seriously depleted now low, I'm severely using up the newness on this one lol

Very tempting LOL 

Yeah please send me a bottle Tongue I'd love to try it! I'm on 8-12mg now too that'd be great buddy Cool
13-10-2013 04:58 PM