Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
aspire bvc coils, flooding
the orb Offline

Likes Given: 30
aspire bvc coils, flooding
anyone else having trouble with the aspire bvc coils, today i put in a new coil and it just gurgles and leaks, i noticed after i bought the coils it said new in the advert for them, now i have read they have made the holes in the coils bigger for better wicking, i found the older coils worked perfectley well, why fix something if it is not broke, i only got 2 tanks and both use the bvc coils, looks like i will have to try to clean the old one for now, anyone else use the new coils and found them to be ok ...
05-04-2015 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: aspire bvc coils, flooding
The BVC coils are fine.  If you're sucking on the tank like it's a super thick milkshake, you cause too much negative pressure in the tank, which causes the juice to move the only way it can...up through the coil, flooding it.  

To clear the coil press the fire button and BLOW into the tank a bit.  Keep a paper towel handy as juice may come out of the air hole when blowing air into the tank.
16-04-2015 02:24 AM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,297
Also, avoid setting the thing on it's side.  Think about a bottle of ketchup.  Hold it upside down - nothing will ever come out.  Hold it sideways - you'll get your ketchup.  The juice in the wick will settle toward the flow hole.  Air pressure tends to keep it sitting near the top.  Setting the device on it's side is a guaranteed way to get juice into the air tube and into the battery contacts.  Also note, that the thinner the juice (i.e., the higher the PG content), the more likely you'll have flooding issues.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
16-04-2015 07:01 PM
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
Are these Nautilus coils or regular BVC coils ?   I never had a leak with the BVC's for the Nautilus and the tanks are upside down,  side ways you name it lol .  

I just got BVC's for other Aspires like the Vivi Nova and no issues with them at all either.
05-05-2015 11:08 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,305
Like Cman I have never had an issue with the BVC coils - I have 2 Nautilus minis and I cannot understand how they can flood in any position at all. I also have a K1 which uses similar but smaller BVC coils and they are fine as well - are they geuine Aspire coils I wonder.
06-05-2015 08:24 AM
kramer Offline

Likes Given: 0
No problems with mine, either. I lay them on their sides all night on the night stand, grab them in the morning, and puff away, no problem.
06-05-2015 11:47 AM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
I have an Atlantis tank. Not sure what BVC means, but I have three of them. I replaced the coil heads on two of them no problem. The third one is giving me trouble. Your cheeks get sore trying to draw. I took it apart, cleaned and blew though it. It seemed clear until I put it back together. Same thing, no draw. It's like something is blocking but there is nothing there.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
20-05-2015 10:52 PM