Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Young Vapers
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Young Vapers
I agree cikoleko, it seems society just looks down on younger folks in a lot of ways, and there's not much we can do about that besides hold our heads high. 
19-01-2016 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
ADIE37 (01-19-2016), jackywingfield (01-19-2016)
jackywingfield Offline

Likes Given: 6
(19-01-2016 03:54 PM)cikoleko Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 06:32 PM)jackywingfield Wrote:  I'm only 18 so obviously I'm pretty new to the vaping world. I didn't really vape when I was underage I just occasionally tried it thanks to a friend who was of legal age. However, when I turned 18 I bought a mod and I've been in love with vaping ever since. Even though a lot of people think otherwise, I don't do it to feel or look cool. I do it because I just generally like the feeling and taste. I'm not doing it to quit smoking I've actually never smoked a cigarette before in my life and I always use 0mg juice. Lately though I've felt really insecure about vaping. I see YouTube videos of vapers who seem to just hate younger adults who vape just because. Also when I walk into vape shops I always feel insecure and the workers always acknowledge my age and seem less friendly about it. So my question is; what are your thoughts on young vapers? Not like stupid 13 year olds who think breaking the law is cool, but people like me who just generally like vaping and are of legal age to do it. I don't want to feel insecure about it, but I just feel like people like me are frowned upon in the vaping community and I can't help but get nervous about it. I think people who turn to vaping to quit smoking are great, but I feel like vaping shouldn't be limited to just that.
Don't pay attention to that, it's normal. It's the same problem for everyone with other stuff like buying alcohol and so on. Some people that are 30 years old still are asked to show ID sometimes. It doesn't depend just on your age, it depends how you look and how tall are you, for example I was able to buy alcohol at many places when I was 16 years old. As long as you behave like an adult people will think that you are adult.
I understand for being carded because I do look young but when they see that I just recently turned 18 they seem to be less friendly towards me and unwilling to help like I shouldn't be there. 
19-01-2016 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,778
I was always told I had a 'baby face', which in my younger days served as a real source of nuisance. I recall once in my mid-20's at a car dealership. No one even bothered to talk to me because they assumed I was just a broke kid looking for a test drive to play around. It wasn't until I told them I already had financing in place and was actually a real live adult that they finally took me seriously. It works in my favor now, of course, because I'm an old bag of crap but I look 15 years younger than I am.

That, however, is not relevant to the thread.

The best advice I can give you is 1.) If a local shop makes you feel like crap, go elsewhere. If they don't want your money, you shouldn't feel obliged to give it to them. 2.) Be yourself. There's no shame in vaping, nor is it illegal. Enjoy the hobby. 3.) Enjoy the hobby safely. The batteries especially can be very dangerous if you don't exercise the proper care when using and handling them. Sorry for the old man lecture.

The vaping community as a whole are already basically outcasts to society. Until the public perception changes, just be respectful where you vape to save yourself a lot of grief. As for the 'bully vapers', screw them. Anyone who acts like they are better than someone else only proves they are worse in my opinion. Live and let vape, I say.
19-01-2016 07:36 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Almost Jaded (01-21-2016), Don (01-19-2016), Michael (01-19-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I couldn't have said it better myself, TinWhisker. Screw the bully vapers, they're just proving themselves to be petty and immature by looking down on you just for your age. 

I do agree with your "old man lecture" though. Cell safety is one of the most important things about vaping. Jacky, do yourself a favor and learn as much as you can about battery safety, Ohm's Law and how it works. We've got some great information on here in the FAQ or various threads around the forum, or of course if you have any questions we're more than happy to help. The most important thing about cell safety is amp limits. Knowing what's safe for your cells is very important, and to figure that out, you use Ohm's Law to figure out what resistance and power level is safe for your cells. 
19-01-2016 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
+1 to the "if I shave my greying beard I get carded EVERYWHERE and I'm over 40" club, Tin, lol.  It's weird - when I was a late teen, i could pass for 22 no problem.  Now I'm over 40, and I can pass for 25 no problem, lol.

LOL @ "bully vapers".  Most of them are more ignorant than the newbs.  They're the ones blowing their faces off with mech mods running .07 ohm builds.  Natural selection at it's finest.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
21-01-2016 03:40 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (01-21-2016), TinWhisker (03-10-2016)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,129
(21-01-2016 03:40 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  +1 to the "if I shave my greying beard I get carded EVERYWHERE and I'm over 40" club, Tin, lol.  It's weird - when I was a late teen, i could pass for 22 no problem.  Now I'm over 40, and I can pass for 25 no problem, lol.

LOL @ "bully vapers".  Most of them are more ignorant than the newbs.  They're the ones blowing their faces off with mech mods running .07 ohm builds.  Natural selection at it's finest.

One thing i like about this forum everyone is so helpful haven't come across any bully vapers lol yet Smile I can pass for a 35 year old lol coming up to 50 lol
21-01-2016 03:47 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Skyray's post:
Almost Jaded (03-10-2016), Michael (01-21-2016), TinWhisker (02-12-2016)