Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yo and a Question for yalls EXPERTISE
fpaper Offline

Likes Given: 5
Heya.  Thanks for welcoming me.  I am a total newb to the world of vape.  Started last week.  I got a six pack of pens for 12 bucks on ebay. Steal right?  Then I figure out they are so cheap because you can only recharge them maybe five times before they are totally junk.  So I thought what's the next best for a poor guy like me.  Hey maybe some of these things have replaceable batteries!  Enter the word MOD.  So now I purchased something for pretty cheap, "Little Boy Mod".  I don't shy from challenges of assembling the thing.  I will just use youtube!  However, I don't know if what I ordered is everything I need.. sigh.  So I was hoping one of you kind souls could let me know what I need to make a functioning unit from what I ordered.

My assumption from the pictures is that I, at least, need a tank.  I don't see one there.  Do I need a sucky thing?  Is that a tip / drip tip?

Thanks for your help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301875006805?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

here's a list for those who don't want to click through:

SMP Mechanical Mod Vapor+Little boy RDA RBA airflow vapor+18650 battery

SMPL Modz*1pcs(gift box packing)
Little boy kit*1pcs(gift box standard packing )
Wall adapter*1pcs (USA standard)If you need euro charger pls let me know, tks.
18650 battery*1pcs (2200mah)
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2016 05:48 PM by fpaper.)
29-09-2016 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,340
RE: Yo and a Question for yalls EXPERTISE
Hi and welcome fp!

The atomiser it comes with is pretty well regarded.

You'll need some wicking material - unbleached organic cotton wool is fine for this and is cheap. And some wire to make coils with - Kanthal is the easiest to use. I don't much like the look of the battery that comes with it. It looks like a generic Chinese 18650 that I might use in a flashlight but absolutely not in a vaping device.

It is a semi-hybrid mod which I would NOT recommend for a beginner as there is a possibility of hard shorting the battery which is really, really not something you want to do. If this happens, potential results include a nasty fire with some very toxic gases emitted, blown off fingers or a blown up face.

You'd also need some means of measuring resistance - this is vital with mechanical mods in general and hybrid mods in particular.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
29-09-2016 05:49 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
fpaper (09-29-2016), gentlydoingit* (09-29-2016)
Engy Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 0
Which state are you located in? here in orlando FL i heard of [Redacted] shop and they're so awesome & they have well priced ecigs that fits every budget haha you can also order online directly from [Redacted] they SAVED my life and helped me out alot setting up my MOD/ecig. Smile 
29-09-2016 05:55 PM
fpaper Offline

(29-09-2016 05:55 PM)Engy Wrote:  Which state are you located in? here in orlando FL i heard of [Redacted] shop and they're so awesome & they have well priced ecigs that fits every budget haha you can also order online directly from [Redacted] they SAVED my life and helped me out alot setting up my MOD/ecig. Smile 
Wisconsin.  I just watched someone buy a vaper for $175 in front of me in our local shop.. that's WAY out of my budget for something that's not necessary  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will keep an eye out of that place.
29-09-2016 06:37 PM
fpaper Offline

(29-09-2016 05:49 PM)Don Wrote:  Hi and welcome fp!

The atomiser it comes with is pretty well regarded.

You'll need some wicking material - unbleached organic cotton wool is fine for this and is cheap. And some wire to make coils with - Kanthal is the easiest to use. I don't much like the look of the battery that comes with it. It looks like a generic Chinese 18650 that I might use in a flashlight but absolutely not in a vaping device.

It is a semi-hybrid mod which I would NOT recommend for a beginner as there is a possibility of hard shorting the battery which is really, really not something you want to do. If this happens, potential results include a nasty fire with some very toxic gases emitted, blown off fingers or a blown up face.

You'd also need some means of measuring resistance - this is vital with mechanical mods in general and hybrid mods in particular.
Thanks so much for your reply and advice!  I am going to research the causes of hard shorting and try to mitigate those dangers before I use it.  I just bought a multimeter after reading your reply.  Can you give a recommendation for battery?
29-09-2016 06:42 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,317
Hey fpaper

You'll need a Samsung 25r, an lg he2 or a Sony vtc 4 if you can find a genuine. Be cautious and trust your supplier, there are many fake batteries out there that can be dangerous.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-09-2016 06:53 PM
Whitesoxfan2579 Offline

Likes Given: 197
Welcome fpaper. Lots of knowledgeable folks here and a very good vaping community.
29-09-2016 07:06 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,699

vs.

Thanks so much for your reply and advice! I am going to research the causes of hard shorting and try to mitigate those dangers before I use it. I just bought a multimeter after reading your reply. Can you give a recommendation for battery?

That's what I call a study in contrast. Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!
29-09-2016 07:09 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
fpaper (09-29-2016), Michael (09-29-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got some good advice already, so I'll just say hello and if you have any more questions feel free to ask Smile we do have a FAQ section if you'd like to do some reading, I like to think there's some good info in there but I wrote most of it so I'm a little biased Tongue
29-09-2016 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Michael's post:
bibliora (09-29-2016), Fatboy (09-29-2016), fpaper (09-29-2016), gentlydoingit* (09-29-2016), TinWhisker (09-29-2016)
fpaper Offline

(29-09-2016 06:53 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey fpaper

You'll need a Samsung 25r, an lg he2 or a Sony vtc 4 if you can find a genuine. Be cautious and trust your supplier, there are many fake batteries out there that can be dangerous.
awesome!  you guys rock.  Thanks for being so helpful!
29-09-2016 09:03 PM