Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wow! Simply stunning!
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Wow! Simply stunning!
(09-04-2015 03:05 AM)Michael Wrote:  Depending on when you do it and how much, I'd say count me in. As long as it's shortly after payday lol the money goes away too quickly. 

Well it won't be until a couple weeks. His SMY 60W stock is supposed to arrive 2 weeks from now. Right now he is on the road to an ecig exhibition in Shenzen to check out all the new products for 2015. He will get me an idea of the price once he's back from the show tomorrow likely.

I'm looking forward to his report of the show. It'd be a lot of fun to attend something like that. Smile
09-04-2015 03:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
Michael (04-09-2015)
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
(09-04-2015 03:34 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 03:05 AM)Michael Wrote:  Depending on when you do it and how much, I'd say count me in. As long as it's shortly after payday lol the money goes away too quickly. 

Well it won't be until a couple weeks.  His SMY 60W stock is supposed to arrive 2 weeks from now.  Right now he is on the road to an ecig exhibition in Shenzen to check out all the new products for 2015.  He will get me an idea of the price once he's back from the show tomorrow likely.

I'm looking forward to his report of the show.  It'd be a lot of fun to attend something like that. Smile
[quote pid='20213' dateline='1428550472']

My account manager at SMY told me today that the first allotment from production is long gone. These things went QUICK!! 
[/quote]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 04:02 AM by bcfos.)
09-04-2015 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

If he ends up liking the idea I'm pretty sure he would do better than that but I can't speak 100% yet. That Gearbest price is pretty good though. Smile
09-04-2015 11:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bcfos Offline

(09-04-2015 11:44 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  If he ends up liking the idea I'm pretty sure he would do better than that but I can't speak 100% yet.  That Gearbest price is pretty good though. Smile
Well I have been using this device all week and I cannot find any flaws. At 60 watts with a .2 ohm tank (Freemax Starre) it eats up juice like a fat kid at a buffet. Battery life on Panasonic 18650 NCR 3400 mah is roughly 5-6 hours (I am not a chain vapor). The build quality is a huge step up from the 35 watter I picked up from them a while back but this one actually has a battery you can replace and doesn't rattle around like a tin can tied to the bumper of a car going down the interstate at 80 mph. The display is the biggest I have of any mod barring the Kamry 60 watt which is basically the same but doesn't have the over all quality of build that SMY pulled off this go around. 

The only things I do not like about it is the micro usb port is on the bottom of it so if you charge it it has to go on it's back. A side port so you can stand it up would be a better addition in my opinion. And it is rather large for taking just one 18650 but I haven't taken it apart yet to see if there is wasted space like the 35 watter yet. 
10-04-2015 08:04 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like bcfos's post:
JohnnyMac (04-10-2015), Michael (04-10-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
That's pretty awesome Declare
10-04-2015 08:12 AM
randm Offline

Likes Given: 19
wow. awesome.
10-04-2015 02:36 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
(08-04-2015 11:36 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  If he ends up liking the idea I'm pretty sure he would do better than that but I can't speak 100% yet. That Gearbest price is pretty good though. Smile

Should be careful with them, I have heard things about Gearbest and have dealt with them myself and was not happy, they are rumored to sell used items as new ones, wait time for orders is almost 5-6 weeks. They use netherland post for your free shipping , which is the slowest I think of any I know out there to date.
10-04-2015 03:08 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

I hadn't heard any of that before, Whiskey. Good to keep in mind.

I have nothing but good to say about Banggood. I've bought a lot from them and they ship top quality and quickly. In the flashlight forums they work with us to give the best prices and even custom options.

I have another project or two they've approached me about that the folks here should love but I won't say anything more until things are close to reality.

Point is I trust Banggood and have worked with them for quite a while. ;]
10-04-2015 03:18 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
Michael (04-10-2015), Robjenko (04-10-2015)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,941
(10-04-2015 08:04 AM)bcfos Wrote:  JohnnyMacIf he ends up liking the idea I'm pretty sure he would do better than that but I can't speak 100% yet.  That Gearbest price is pretty good though. Smile
Well I have been using this device all week and I cannot find any flaws. At 60 watts with a .2 ohm tank (Freemax Starre) it eats up juice like a fat kid at a buffet. Battery life on Panasonic 18650 NCR 3400 mah is roughly 5-6 hours (I am not a chain vapor). The build quality is a huge step up from the 35 watter I picked up from them a while back but this one actually has a battery you can replace and doesn't rattle around like a tin can tied to the bumper of a car going down the interstate at 80 mph. The display is the biggest I have of any mod barring the Kamry 60 watt which is basically the same but doesn't have the over all quality of build that SMY pulled off this go around. 

The only things I do not like about it is the micro usb port is on the bottom of it so if you charge it it has to go on it's back. A side port so you can stand it up would be a better addition in my opinion. And it is rather large for taking just one 18650 but I haven't taken it apart yet to see if there is wasted space like the 35 watter yet. 

If you are using it beyond 20 or so watts, it isn't a good idea to use those Panasonic cells. Their rating is somewhere between 4 and 6 amps. At 60W in the best case you are pulling 14A from the poor cell. At a more probable use case, you are trying to get 17A from cells not intended for any usage remotely like that.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
12-04-2015 04:44 PM
bcfos Offline

(10-04-2015 03:18 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I hadn't heard any of that before, Whiskey.  Good to keep in mind.

I have nothing but good to say about Banggood.  I've bought a lot from them and they ship top quality and quickly.  In the flashlight forums they work with us to give the best prices and even custom options.

I have another project or two they've approached me about that the folks here should love but I won't say anything more until things are close to reality.

Point is I trust Banggood and have worked with them for quite a while. ;]

(12-04-2015 04:44 PM)Don Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 08:04 AM)bcfos Wrote:  JohnnyMacIf he ends up liking the idea I'm pretty sure he would do better than that but I can't speak 100% yet.  That Gearbest price is pretty good though. Smile

If you are using it beyond 20 or so watts, it isn't a good idea to use those Panasonic cells. Their rating is somewhere between 4 and 6 amps. At 60W in the best case you are pulling 14A from the poor cell. At a more probable use case, you are trying to get 17A from cells not intended for any usage remotely like that.
Peak at 60 for short bursts. Nominal set is around 40 watts. Which is still stressing the batteries. I am by far an expert in the battery side of the business. Trying to pick up more as I go along and your post has been very helpful. Would MNKE be a viable brand to use and carry for sub ohm usage?
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2015 04:30 AM by bcfos.)
13-04-2015 04:26 AM