Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wismec 2/3 battery dillema...what am I doing wrong?
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
RE: Wismec 2/3 battery dillema...what am I doing wrong?
(13-09-2017 08:32 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I actually love his last post. It shows clear, concise, independent thought from someone that sounds quite like myself. I never bought into the 'culture' aspect of vaping, and I never will. I began vaping to get off analogs, period. I never wanted to take part in, and in fact am a bit offended by, the whole 'vape culture' concept. The image I have of that is Gen-Y's with Jesus Beards in skull caps, with piercings and tattoos, sitting at a coffee shop, nose up to the non-vapers who just 'don't get it'. That's off-putting.

The vape world I embrace is not a culture at all; rather it is a community. And rather than put up with the attitude, cost, and conflicting information at any of the local shops, I get my information right here. This forum houses many fantastic resources who are brimming with knowledge and wisdom, and all too happy to share it, to further the enjoyment of all who choose this hobby of ours. This is my vaping community, and I'm blessed to be part of it.

As for your battery experience, that is also exactly how I would have approached it in my early vaping days, too. Not knowing much about cells, I would have gotten the ones that were either cheapest or highest output rated. And when I did find out the truth, like you did, I would and did embrace the resources available to ensure I was properly educated on what to look for. So, well done.

When you say.... "There has to be a better source for people like me" believe me when I say, you have already found it. Any one of the great minds here could be your go-to and only resource, but here there are many of them, as mentioned, all more than happy to help with anything.

And for the record, I'm not one for constant upgrades either. I'm nearly a year now on my current setup with no plans to change anytime soon. So stay here, ask away, and be part of the family. Not everyone is a cloud chaser, not everyone is a vape snob, and everyone is friendly here, guaranteed.

Rarely seen it said as well.

You nailed it TW...

The guy with no piercings and no tattoos and no wish for either as I don't do self-mutilation. I get paid for treating those who do...

And I vape..

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-09-2017 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
ecignut (09-14-2017), Fatboy (09-13-2017), TinWhisker (09-13-2017)
DamianSicks Offline

Likes Given: 1
(13-09-2017 08:32 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I actually love his last post. It shows clear, concise, independent thought from someone that sounds quite like myself. I never bought into the 'culture' aspect of vaping, and I never will. I began vaping to get off analogs, period. I never wanted to take part in, and in fact am a bit offended by, the whole 'vape culture' concept. The image I have of that is Gen-Y's with Jesus Beards in skull caps, with piercings and tattoos, sitting at a coffee shop, nose up to the non-vapers who just 'don't get it'. That's off-putting.

The vape world I embrace is not a culture at all; rather it is a community. And rather than put up with the attitude, cost, and conflicting information at any of the local shops, I get my information right here. This forum houses many fantastic resources who are brimming with knowledge and wisdom, and all too happy to share it, to further the enjoyment of all who choose this hobby of ours. This is my vaping community, and I'm blessed to be part of it.

As for your battery experience, that is also exactly how I would have approached it in my early vaping days, too. Not knowing much about cells, I would have gotten the ones that were either cheapest or highest output rated. And when I did find out the truth, like you did, I would and did embrace the resources available to ensure I was properly educated on what to look for. So, well done.

When you say.... "There has to be a better source for people like me" believe me when I say, you have already found it. Any one of the great minds here could be your go-to and only resource, but here there are many of them, as mentioned, all more than happy to help with anything.

And for the record, I'm not one for constant upgrades either. I'm nearly a year now on my current setup with no plans to change anytime soon. So stay here, ask away, and be part of the family. Not everyone is a cloud chaser, not everyone is a vape snob, and everyone is friendly here, guaranteed.
Ty and I am glad I decided to come here with my problem because I can see this is going to be my "go to" for any future questions I have.

As for the batteries I indeed requested the LG HG2's, hopefully they don't give me any issues and actually send them over to me. I don't really think I can be at fault for the issue but more importantly there was never anything that would indicate that 2 different chargers designed to use 18650 batteries could break or catch fire unless of course you were to try charging a completely different size and type of battery than it was designed for.

I live in Staten Island, NY and there are dozens of vape shops and even some small deli's started selling mods and tanks so you would think that there would be some competative pricing going on but that is not the case at all. We have also been lumped in with the "smoke free act" so vaping is the same as analogs in the eyes of the law (so we get to enjoy the 2nd hand after quitting if we want to vape in public). There are always trying to ban selling flavors other then tobacco and menthol saying the flavors appeal to minors blah blah blah. What I think it comes down to is that most of these shops thought they were getting in on the new "cash for gold" get rich quick trend so they sprouted like weeds over night and now that there are so many shops it has ruined the supply/demand flow. They have to resort to deception or providing inaccurate information to pay the rent because they rely on the customer to either be inpatient or misinformed or the internet gets that cash instead.

As for the vape culture, I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who doesnt find it appealing. I just hope when the trend dies off, like all trends do, that they don't leave people like me and you out in the cold for our supplies.

I'll end with this: I can't tell you how many time I'm at a bar or other public place and I will be outside vaping and along comes a cigarette smoker that will come up to me and say "you know thats bad for your health, right?"...
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2017 10:59 AM by DamianSicks.)
14-09-2017 10:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DamianSicks's post:
ecignut (09-14-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,626
Welcome to the forum DS - great place for help and advice - as you have already found out - stick around and let us know how you are getting on[Image: smile.gif].
14-09-2017 11:05 AM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,002
I got lucky when I started vaping, in that I was sold LG HG2 cells right off. Again though, that was just more or less luck, since I did accept the word of the guy behind the counter at face value. He was actually helpful; the only human in a shop so far that has seemed genuinely helpful that I've run across. When he left (actually fired by vindictive owners), I had no real reason to keep visiting shops. I had already found this place and realized there was much more for me here than in a local shop. So I have been fortunate not to have had to deal with the defective cells killing themselves and chargers. I use Nitecore Intellichargers that don't have amp readings, only flashing lights, and no problems in two years, so far.

I also live about as opposite from you as possible, being on wooded acreage in the middle of flyover country. I almost never encounter other vapers, except for maybe a very occasional honk from a fellow motorist. And I can't recall a single person admonishing me for vaping, mostly because I rarely do it outside the home or auto. Funny thing about smoker's chastising you; recently there have been more and more studies coming out that peg vaping to be between 95 and 99% safer than smoking. It is more than just anecdotal now, with real studies giving real results. So blow it in their faces, or let them know that annoying you with BS propaganda is actually more dangerous for their health.
14-09-2017 01:07 PM
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,626
We have 5 vape shops in our town - only 2 are any good. In both shops the guys squonk, make their own juice and build their own coils and really know their stuff. I buy very little from them but they are great to chat with and let me try stuff - even though I don't buy. What I do though is recommend others to use these shops which they do - the guys in the shops know this and are more than happy. I was even offered a part-time job in one - 3 afternoons a week - nearly took up the offer too.[Image: smile.gif]
14-09-2017 03:06 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Fatboy (09-14-2017), TinWhisker (09-14-2017)