Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it so hard to find Authentic RDA's?
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: Why is it so hard to find Authentic RDA's?
Harsh flavor should have nothing to do with the deck.  The deck just provides a place for everything to attach.  If everything is connected properly, wicked properly, and wetted properly, with airflow matched to vaper production, they all SHOULD taste about the same.    

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
16-04-2015 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
Here's a pic of build and known authentic Dark Horse[Image: 2vd4h93.jpg]
16-04-2015 07:59 PM
amsage Offline

Likes Given: 1
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and input!  Turns out (and I'm willing to let my ego get bruised a little here by admitting this) that when it comes to airflow, more is not always better!  I had that thing cranked all the way open, and turns out it was just too much.  After messing about with it last night, I found the right amount of airflow that gives me what I'm looking for.  Very satisfying.

But to steer the thread back on topic...ultimately, I am kind of surprised I did not notice much of an increase in quality by buying an authentic RDA.  It's not like I'm an expert at being able to detect the differences or anything, but with the right build and wick, I can't say it's head and shoulders better than a $15 clone.  Lesson learned, I suppose!

(16-04-2015 07:59 PM)Breazy_Com Wrote:  Here's a pic of build and known authentic Dark Horse[Image: 2vd4h93.jpg]

Sorry to double post, but what mod is that attached to?  Even just from a top-down angle, it looks awesome.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2015 04:14 PM by amsage.)
17-04-2015 04:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes amsage's post:
Michael (04-17-2015)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
Clones sell faster as the prices are lower. Authentics are usually purchased by a few wholesalers in bulk. and sell very quickly to vape shops. manufacturers can sell out an entire run to one distributor who then sells them individually both retail and wholesale. I get mine through various wholesalers. As for quality, it's really in the details. Threading MIGHT be better on the authentic and screws may be of higher quality. Usually the insulator will be better quality on the authentic and hopefully parts availability will be better.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2015 08:22 PM by madecov.)
17-04-2015 08:20 PM
wedgtail Offline

Likes Given: 3
Have a look at Vapin art page no clones there Smile
17-04-2015 11:51 PM
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
Megatron 260. 260 watts although there is no need for that. It's the 3 18650's that's the dealmaker, batteries last a long time !
20-04-2015 04:31 PM
SheDB Offline

Likes Given: 0
I haven't ever dripped myself but this particular fellow whose mods I just LOVE apparently makes great RDAs as well. They are a bit higher than buying from FT ok, at least if you are someone that buys in China, then these are out of the same price range BUT I consider them works of art. Leo, a guy in Greece. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...AlDo12mIRw

I myself have only just heard of these in the past week and want to get a mech and a tank from him ASAP.
He's in GREECE but I have spoken to many Americans and Canadians, as well as seen many from the UK comment on his pieces and several say once they have used his its hard to use any others..and he ships inexpensively from what i hear, etc..

http://www.byleo.eu/bl/en/46-the-dripper

Theres another Greek fellow with a similar line but I prefer the one posted. The other guys name is GUS but i dont think he has RDAs but I might be wrong. He seems to be best known for Phenomenon Lite RBA. Perhaps he makes RDAs, I cant say.
I'm from Canada and between here and the US, I personally have not yet seen such nice products so the RBA from the first link might interest you??!!  Or not??!!   Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu7e2JisLU

I want the first guy, Leo's mech mods.....if I ever get into RDA, I will look closer at his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...AlDo12mIRw

OOps here is one for his Dripper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrt0wsLT6ks

I just love that his pieces are made so well....such precision
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 04:08 AM by SheDB.)
23-04-2015 04:01 AM
amsage Offline

Likes Given: 1
I felt like I got a lot of support in this topic, so I kinda feel the need to share this...I just found out that the "authentic" Dark Horse that I bought wasn't actually authentic at all!  According to the Facebook page of the actual manufacturers, there is an easy way to tell...an authentic version ONLY comes with a stainless steel airflow control ring.  Mine wasn't!  I gave the vendor an opportunity to make it right, just in case it was a mistake on his part...and he never responded.  So I just filed a claim with my bank that he was sold me a bogus item, which they were surprisingly quick to help me with (never had to do that before!)

It's kind of annoying...because despite the amount of counter-culture that pervades vaping, I feel like the collective agenda is to be accepted as a legitimate smoking cessation tool & hobby.  There is so much effort spent fighting the FDA & big tobacco, and so much work spent trying to legitimize the image of the whole industry...and then there are vendors who still pull this crap.  I mean if you're going to be a clone shop, fine...at least be honest about it though!  Don't rip off your customers, especially those of which that are new to it all.  It's funny, too, because I started thinking about everything else in his store, and how it was all priced...and I'd wager that everything in there is a clone, despite the fact that he labels some things as authentic.  Just a general con-man at work.

In more positive news, I instead just purchased a Royal Hunter RDA, along with a Dimitri Box Mod clone, and this set up is incredible.  Finally found some juice I can vape all day, and I'm in heaven.  Thank god!
29-04-2015 07:07 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like amsage's post:
BOB (04-30-2015), Don (05-02-2015), JohnnyMac (04-29-2015), Michael (04-30-2015)