Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do my mods always say 0 amps?
tyler_durden Offline

Likes Given: 1
Why do my mods always say 0 amps?
I have owned a ton of mods, clearomizers, RTAs, and RDAs, along with some genesys style tanks.

Since the very beginning, which was years ago, no matter which mod I use, nor which atomizer I use, I get the correct ohm reading, but where it says "Amps" on the screen, it always says 0 (or 0.00).  

I use sub-ohm builds of various types, and have mostly used Samsung 25R batteries, with a few others in the beginning.

Can someone help me understand what the Amps measurement is supposed to be, and why all of mine always say zero?  

I don't understand it.  I've searched high and low, and I see little talk about amps (except in battery-related articles), and the few threads I've seen where people post their actual Amps numbers have actual numbers higher than zero.

Thanks a ton for any help.
30-07-2017 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
EvilLOON Offline

Likes Given: 55
RE: Why do my mods always say 0 amps?
(30-07-2017 10:47 PM)tyler_durden Wrote:  I don't understand it.  I've searched high and low, and I see little talk about amps (except in battery-related articles), and the few threads I've seen where people post their actual Amps numbers have actual numbers higher than zero.

If you're not pressing the fire button when reading the display, amps will always show 0. 

Amps are the measurement of current.  If there is no current there is no amperage. 

Bad analogy inc.   A wall is holding back a lot of water.  You put a hole in that wall and water starts to pour out.  If the water is electricity and the hole represent the discharge of the battery, the pressure coming from the hole due to the flow of water would be the current.  Hold the fire button creates the current.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 10:56 PM by EvilLOON.)
30-07-2017 10:55 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like EvilLOON's post:
tyler_durden (07-31-2017), Xplycko (07-31-2017)
tyler_durden Offline

Likes Given: 1
(30-07-2017 10:55 PM)EvilLOON Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 10:47 PM)tyler_durden Wrote:  I don't understand it.  I've searched high and low, and I see little talk about amps (except in battery-related articles), and the few threads I've seen where people post their actual Amps numbers have actual numbers higher than zero.

If you're not pressing the fire button when reading the display, amps will always show 0. 

Amps are the measurement of current.  If there is no current there is no amperage. 

Bad analogy inc.   A wall is holding back a lot of water.  You put a hole in that wall and water starts to pour out.  If the water is electricity and the hole represent the discharge of the battery, the pressure coming from the hole due to the flow of water would be the current.  Hold the fire button creates the current.

Ahh, thank you.  I finally understand.  I always run in stealth mode so I never noticed the numbers changing while firing the mod.

I appreciate it.
31-07-2017 12:40 AM
Xplycko Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 715
Just as loon said amperage is a measuring device not the power the device is set at. If something was wrong it would help you troubleshoot the problem.

Rob
Vape On!
31-07-2017 01:04 AM
Chum Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 921
I know...old threadConfused The old Alien mod would "hold" the last amp reading on the screen
09-10-2020 11:28 PM