Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who Steeps their Juice ?
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
Who Steeps their Juice ?
I have pretty much started steeping my juices. I have not yet found a juice that has benefited from the steeping process.
Recently I tried a Jr. Mint flavor (chocolate & mint) and was very turned off.
I let it steep for about 10 days and it actually is pretty good. So far I have only tried it in a cheap off brand no name CE4 and it is decent. I will be trying it in one of my better tanks once the CE4 is empty.

It's not one of the flavors I would vape all day but for a quick change it's reasonably good.

I have Banana Split and Caramel Cappuccino steeping in my gun safe right now. Rolleyes

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
09-10-2013 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Who Steeps their Juice ?
I haven't steeped any yet but find it very interesting.  I can see if it was a custom juice ordered fairly local that was mixed just prior to shipping but for brands like Liqua, DeKang, YK, etc I can't imagine how it could help.  Those brands are made weeks prior, if not months, and steeping any longer shouldn't possibly make a difference.  Maybe just letting those brands sit with the caps off so any fumes can evaporate might make a difference but unless it is a custom, freshly made juice I don't see the point in steeping.  What are your thoughts?
09-10-2013 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
(09-10-2013 03:31 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I haven't steeped any yet but find it very interesting.  I can see if it was a custom juice ordered fairly local that was mixed just prior to shipping but for brands like Liqua, DeKang, YK, etc I can't imagine how it could help.  Those brands are made weeks prior, if not months, and steeping any longer shouldn't possible make a difference.  Maybe just letting those brands sit with the caps off so any fumes can evaporate might make a difference but unless it is a custom, freshly made juice I don't see the point in steeping.  What are your thoughts?
I agree wholeheartedly
09-10-2013 03:57 PM
madecov Offline

I had a bottle of Dekang Chocolate that I steeped for a week, It did make a difference. It had a nasty chemical type of tatse that is gone now.

10-10-2013 02:56 AM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
so is steeping just leaving the cap off the bottle then?
10-10-2013 06:45 AM
madecov Offline

shake really well, cap & dripper off 24-36 hours in a dark place like a cabinet
Cap & dripper back on and shake really well again back in the cabinet for about a week and shake once a day or so.

It really allows the flavors to blend into the PG/VG.

10-10-2013 02:09 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(10-10-2013 02:56 AM)madecov Wrote:  I had a bottle of Dekang Chocolate that I steeped for a week, It did make a difference. It had a nasty chemical type of tatse that is gone now.
Thanks, Mark!  I'll have to do the uncapping then sitting you described in your last post.  Should improve on a couple of the iffy juices I currently have and possible improve even the ones I already like. Smile

I have to visit the local shop that just opened near me a couple miles from my house.  I need to get some good quality juices and I hear they have over 40 flavors.  Should prove to be a very tasty visit! Tongue
10-10-2013 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Andrew Scotchmer Offline

Likes Given: 0
Technically you can't steep ejuice. Steeping is the process of extracting flavour from a substance like tea leaves. Once the substance is removed from the liquid, steeping stops.

We do however air the juice which alters the taste profile.  I generally do not "steep" my juices unless they are young. The Vapor Elf juices I reviewed did seem to benefit from a little aging as I felt they were very fresh and the flavours were rather delicate in my opinion. I've also "steeped" OK Smokey's Oriental Delight as I found the initial flavour to be too florally. A weeks airing and the floral notes have subsided and allowed more the tobacco to become more prominent.  It's a nice vape now.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 11:36 AM by Andrew Scotchmer.)
01-11-2013 11:34 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Welcome to TVF Andrew!

It's all a very interesting subject actually and it would seem that it's the airing that changes the taste so bottled and unopened the juice can 'Age' but not 'Air'

The more I've read about this subject the more I'm convinced it's something that comes with experience and an intricate knowledge of individual juices and individual palettes.

As a general observation from my own experience.. If I leave juice in a CE4 atty for a week, it usually tastes pretty bad when I take a vape Big Grin not that it was deliberate mind you LOL.
01-11-2013 01:21 PM
orangepixie Offline

Likes Given: 0
Big Grin RE: Who Steeps their Juice ?
Hey guys

I always try mine wen I first get it to see what its like if I think its nice then no need to steep but usually its not enough flavour so steeping I the but way think its personal preference though guys!!!
06-11-2013 10:17 PM