Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which RTA should I get? updated Aug 13/2018
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,719
RE: Which RTA should I get? updated july 19/16
(20-07-2016 06:42 AM)Eggza Wrote:  I've literally poured juice directly from the bottle into them, instead of dripping, without spilling.

Funny you mention that. Same for me... I literally take the dripper tip off the bottles and pour the juice right in through those generous fill holes.
20-07-2016 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Eggza (07-20-2016), Fatboy (07-20-2016), Michael (07-20-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,080
RE: Which RTA should I get? updated july 24/16
Got me a Kaos Erebus to test. At least as good as the Supreme or VCMT. Was right impressed as I paid very little for it. I got it to test and now I'm keeping it. I got it on sale for under 20 dollars. I believe the regular price is higher though. Review on page one.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2016 02:06 PM by paulS.)
24-07-2016 01:20 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
I saw it not long ago, thought it was a vcmt copy and didn't pay much attention. Improved on the vcmt you think?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
24-07-2016 01:29 PM
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,719
Looks nice. If the Supreme prematurely dies I will look into this one.
24-07-2016 01:39 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

It is a bit different from the VCMT but also similar. Lets be honest. RTAs - the 25/30 ml ones - don't really differ that much do they? All I can say is that you can vape this bugger at high watts and it does not heat up, does not dry hit and does not leak. The machining is okay - not superb. But its clean. The JC ring style we have seen before. It is a removable ring that twists. You set it closed when you build to get the cotton in right then twist it open and put it all back together. You guys know me. It's not a genny style. I cannot drip on it. I will rarely use it. But I vaped a day with it and I returned it to the shop (I was asked to test it out) and then made a deal to buy it. I worry about regualtions so I'm well stocked up, lol. Too well stocked actually.

I get a lot of gear this way. I've a Q class coming next week sometime. I'm a fan of the Yihi chip set but not the Yihi battery life. I'll be perfectly honest here. I vape on my 213s the most. I don't use TC. The battery life on the 213s is close to a three battery mod! i'm spoiled. Its better than the GX200 chips which were designed for longer battery life ( I have the Helce and the Asmodus mini). And the form factor and build quality of thew 213s are stellar. Now lets extrapolate to my RTA preferences. The Boreas the Supreme the VCMT 30 are like Q class mods. Beautifully built great performance. BUT I CANNOT DRIP!!@ So I use my genny RTAs exclusively. I have not used a real tank in ages. My wife uses all of mine. She uses all my standard RTAs - the Mage, the VCMT etc. I build she vapes. I use my Limitless Plus the most of all my RTAs by far. I occasionally pick up my Theorem.

I'm no guru. I just write about those RTAs I've used - which ones i like and why. My observation is just an opinion. People want to know if it is worth buying a particular piece of gear. The Kaos is worth buying IMHO. I have not tested the 30 ml one but if it is even better than the 25 it will be a winner.

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2016 02:07 PM by paulS.)
24-07-2016 02:05 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
Don (07-24-2016), Eggza (07-25-2016), Fatboy (07-24-2016), Michael (07-24-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,596
(24-07-2016 02:05 PM)paulS Wrote:  It is a bit different from the VCMT but also similar. Lets be honest. RTAs - the 25/30 ml ones - don't really differ that much do they? All I can say is that you can vape this bugger at high watts and it does not heat up, does not dry hit and does not leak. The machining is okay - not superb. But its clean. The JC ring style we have seen before. It is a removable ring that twists. You set it closed when you build to get the cotton in right then twist it open and put it all back together. You guys know me. It's not a genny style. I cannot drip on it. I will rarely use it. But I vaped a day with it and I returned it to the shop (I was asked to test it out) and then made a deal to buy it. I worry about regualtions so I'm well stocked up, lol. Too well stocked actually.

Paul, with so many variables, I for one appreciate being able to read the review of someone who has tried a decent amount of vape gear. Most of us don't have the connections to be able to "sample" before we buy and as such, it can get to be a very expensive ordeal. Thanks to your reviews, I've been able to indulge my shinyitis without filling a drawer with gear I purchased on a whim or listened to strangers at a local B&Ms.
24-07-2016 02:47 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Fatboy's post:
BOB (07-24-2016), Don (07-24-2016), Eggza (07-25-2016), Michael (07-24-2016), TinWhisker (07-24-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

(24-07-2016 02:47 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 02:05 PM)paulS Wrote:  It is a bit different from the VCMT but also similar. Lets be honest. RTAs - the 25/30 ml ones - don't really differ that much do they? All I can say is that you can vape this bugger at high watts and it does not heat up, does not dry hit and does not leak. The machining is okay - not superb. But its clean. The JC ring style we have seen before. It is a removable ring that twists. You set it closed when you build to get the cotton in right then twist it open and put it all back together. You guys know me. It's not a genny style. I cannot drip on it. I will rarely use it. But I vaped a day with it and I returned it to the shop (I was asked to test it out) and then made a deal to buy it. I worry about regualtions so I'm well stocked up, lol. Too well stocked actually.

Paul, with so many variables, I for one appreciate being able to read the review of someone who has tried a decent amount of vape gear. Most of us don't have the connections to be able to "sample" before we buy and as such, it can get to be a very expensive ordeal. Thanks to your reviews, I've been able to indulge my shinyitis without filling a drawer with gear I purchased on a whim or listened to strangers at a local B&Ms.

Well you are in luck then. I'm not about to stop.

24-07-2016 08:44 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
Don (07-25-2016), Fatboy (07-24-2016), gentlydoingit* (07-24-2016), Michael (07-25-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,596
STEAM CRAVE is so outta here! After our forum chat time I was about to run out to run some errands, I took a pull on the RTA and got hot hot hot juice across my index finger....reminded me of my old restaurant days with hot grease...not good at all.... Sad
25-07-2016 01:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Eggza (07-25-2016)
Eggza Offline

Likes Given: 1,117
(18-07-2016 01:07 PM)Eggza Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 11:43 AM)paulS Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:10 AM)Eggza Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 02:35 AM)paulS Wrote:  Right now I'm happily vaping on the Limitless Plus

I'm kind of lusting after this tank right now. Do the screws on the side posts feature Phillips heads, or just the top? Do your wick tails have to get all the way down to the bottom of the tank to wick as the fluid level drops? I haven't ever seen anyone use one that wasn't full.

Just the top are Phillips. Never put wick tails all the way down. Maybe a third the way down. I never even fill mine. I use it as a RDA that never leaks, lol.

Thank you for answering. I guess I didn't consider that most folks tilt their device when they draw, which I guess would help dip the wick as the juice level drops.

Have you tried it in single-coil mode with the shim?

Mine came in yesterday. I would've preferred black, but red was all that the VaporTek had and I held a coupon code that compelled me. Mine actually has Phillips-head screws on top and side, which is awesome. Unfortunately, the side screws seem a tad on the soft side. However, as of yet that's the only complaint I have. Well, that and the fact that the 510 contact protrudes enough to make it difficult to seat the very short threading on my mod. The spring on the connection in my mod is very stiff and I wonder if extended use of this tank will eventually cause it to sit lower.

Flavor is as good as anything else, thanks to good airflow and the coils being so close to your mouth. And, with the Genesis style, I just don't see how this thing could leak in an upright stance. I've come to believe that almost all the issues I've had with other tanks are due to having air-flow controls and juice-flow controls with all their gaskets and moving parts sitting between the juice and the air-holes, so this is a nice change. With the wicks about halfway down into the tank, it has actually been possible to drain the tank to almost bone dry - my worry about wicking is gone. Being able to remove the ring surrounding the deck makes it easy to get fluffy strands through the channels and disassembling for cleaning is a breeze (I don't think I'd like having to remove the 510 and positive terminal to remove the glass). I am also very much enjoying being able to pop the top off to inspect the coils and wicking. While it's possible to inspect the decks in my other tanks without draining them, this is definitely easier. I haven't tried to rebuild or rewick with a full tank, though, and I can see how that might be a challenge.

Too early for proper review, but so far this is my favorite tank by far. Glad I nabbed it instead of the Avocado 24. Thanks for pointing me towards it, Paul.
26-07-2016 11:18 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

You are welcome. I love my Limitless Plus. It is currently the only tank I run.

26-07-2016 02:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Eggza (07-26-2016)