Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which RTA should I get? updated Aug 13/2018
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,080
Which RTA should I get? updated Aug 13/2018
So I'm quickly going to run through some of the RTAs I'm using in the house or have tested and sent along. I was generally an RDA guy but I now prefer a tank ... I will work down from the newest to oldest ... some RTAs are already gone ... I have also started including some of the better RBA tanks.

Helo 30mm. (8 ml) - So this is the newest from Asylum. They make the Sherman RTAs (which are superb) and the funky Nato mech tube (it has a lot of fans). This comes with regular tank and bubble tank - both ultem). It has a large two post deck and you could fit wicked big coils in it. I have it siting on a 100w stabwood SX mini SL, so I built lower. But there is a ton of room. Wick it right and there is zero leaking. I don't even bother with burping. Machining is as 3expected from Asylum - top notch. In fact I cannot find a con for it. It comes with short and tall tanks, has two AFC rings (ultem and delrin) and has two drip tips (resin and ultem). Now I love my mech tubes BUT this I will use. I'm not trading or giving it away. This could become one of my favorite 30mm tanks. It vapes like a dream with a .25 ohm coil in it at around 90 watts. Yes it drinks juice. I guess it has one con, lol.
A+

Reload 24mm. (3.5 ml) - We had a thread talking about 'hall of fame' RTAs. The Reload is too new to be in a hall of fame. Now the Serpent RDTA was one of the best RTAs ever made. This is better IMHO. The difference is that is also way more expensive. It is because it is gold-palted everywhere, the machining is not good - it is superb. The airflow is angled and the flavor is amazing. It is super easy to build on with a postless deck. So - this is just a great RTA all around. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I love my Churchills (both 25 and 30). This costs almost as much, BTW. But shit, it is worth every penny. Now I hear there are as few clones almost as good as the authentic - I don't do clones if the authentic is readily available though. I dropped 90 Can on my Reload. The clone is 12 dollars. So that's it - my advice get a Reload.
A+

Churchill 30mm Oscuro ed. (9-10 ml) - Yes. This is a BLOODY BIG Canadian RTA. It has a 18mm postless deck witj four 2x3 mm holes. So I built it at .12 fraliens and am vaping it at 116 watts which frankly is on the low side. Could be 140+ easy. The tank is ultem and the RTA is black (really dark gunmetal) so it looks stunning for a tank holding 10 ml of e-juice - I measured 9.5 actually.
You need to handle carefully. you do not want to strip ultem threads but the threads are pretty chunky and the machining is spot on. It's not cheap but it is not overly expensive either - 115 Can.
So far wicking was easy and no dry hits or leaking. I really like it on top of my Broscience DNA 250.
No Eddie - you cannot MTL it.
A

DejaVu RDTA (2 ml) - So this tank is shoort. It is 24+ mm wide but holds only 2ml of e-juice. WTF. Adrian Lo DejaVu, the designer, wanted the tank to be sleek and low. It is 46 mm tall. And it looks gorgeous. Here is the good part - it is really easy to build. You have a choice of a slew of holes, upper and lower. And really good screws and a gold plated posts and a gold plated pin and ... you get it. So is the 2ml a huge drawback? Well, yes and no. It is rreally easy to fill. You have a center on a spring that push down and fill. No leaks ever. You can turn this mother upside down and no leaks (unlike the bloody limitless). Yes it is genny style. Compared to filling my o-genny it is a breeze. It comes with kick ass accesories ttoo - ultenm drip tip and a great knurled drip tip. and extra glass and extra everything else. And a nice pouch. But does it vape well you ask? Flavor is spot on. RDA flavor. Love it. It is not a squonk RDTA. This is meant for guys vaping on a regulated mod at 40-60 watts IMHO. Although you coukd put beefier coils in but you will be refilling a lot more often. So this is the biggest con. Capacity. Everything else about this RDTA is spot on - machining, looks, ease of build, flavor and packaging. I would rate it A+ if it was a 4ml tank but then it would be taller and not quite as nice looking. If I lost it I would get another.
A

Wake RTA (3.5 ml) - Okay. So Dotmod sold out to a big corporation and Dotmod ids now just a fancy Chinese manufacturer like Lost Vape. But the guys from the original Dotmod decided to make a new company called Wake. The Wake is a RTA and a tank (you need separate decks. The RTA is just short of 24 mm (and it overhangs slightly on my Dotmod 75w). It hasn't got a huge cap[acity. I built a clapton - single at .79 ohms - and am gaping it at 45 watts. The RTA is designed as a dual but works even better as a single. Trust me. Flavor is off the charts. Build high enough and you could - listening Eddie - MTTL the sucker. I prefer a 45 watt hit on it myself. The mlooks are fabulous. The machining is great. The caveat is you have to be careful putting it together, It has a wick ring that you have to get on right for the top to screw down properly. You have to make sure the deck is tightened down too. If you get everything in order - well. I have yet to get a dry hit. It is reminiscent of the Petri tank but slightly smaller than the 24 Petri deck. It's postless. Its gold plated. It has that petri drip tip. I just popped cotton in, put the wick ring on, tampered down the cotton lightly and no leaks, no dry hits. This is the real deal. Price is acceptable but certainly not cheap. I got the RTA and the tank with the coil. I've yet to use the pre made coil, lol. Check the 'what did you get today' thread for pic.
A+

Hop N Vape KOS (3 ml) - Let's get this over with quick. KOS stands for king of flavour. Now when I read that I thought that was quite a pretentious claim. But I'm open minded. I knew it was a single coil RDTA which I really love so what the hell ... give it a go. There price was right too - go on vapecrawler and search - it is always on sale somewhere. I got mine from gearbest. So how is the build quality? Well the build quality is very very good. It is a bullet shaped RDTA so some might not like the look of it but meh, I actually do and there is a reason for that dome shape. First you do not get spit back. Second , yes, the flavour is spot on. As goods as any RTA I have used without doubt. There are cons. The bottom airflow is not adjustable so forget about a true MTL vape. With a .5 coil I'm vaping at 30 watts. It also has top airflow too but you can set it up more like a side airflow. I shut it off to get a little more restricted draw - not MTL but close. It also takes any 510 drip tip. Yahoo. So what is wrong with it. Well, not much. If you build low resistance and shut off the top/side it will get hot. The fill system is weird. There is a metal plug you remove to fill. So it is an extra step and you don't want to lose that plug! That said , it fits my style of preferred vape perfectly. It does everything I want an RDTA to do. Easy to build, no leaks, great machining and fantastic flavour. The only smaller reasonably priced RTAs I think are as good are the Azeroth, the Berserker and the Troll. I would have included the Alpine tech but it more expensive by far. Notice I have now mentioned my top five accessible tanks - tanks anyone could afford (well alpine tech is maybe out of reach for some). Good thing there are four tanks just as welcome in any rotation!
A-

King / Sherman V2 (5.5+ ml) - Now normally I concentrate on one tank at a time. But today I'll review to large tanks. The Sherman V2 is a 28mm tank. The King is a 30mm. Thew Sherman has available bubble tankl (expands juice capacity) and short tank ( for those who like the shorter look). The King is a large glass tank with an enormous chimney and consequently only holds a little over 5ml of juice. The Sherman is top fill and the King is bottom fill (you need to remove one screw and loosen the other). The King is a pain in the neck BUT for a tank that large the flavour is simply amazing. The build quality is good but not as good as the Sherman V2. I use the Sherman V2 and not the V3 because there is virtually no difference but price. The Sherman has great flavour but not quite as good as the King. Thew Sherman has never leaked on me or dry hit. Surprisingly with the King I get a little juice sometimes. Of course with all big tanks wicking is key and might have a lot to do with my experiences. If I had to keep just one, i would keep the Sherman BUT it is awfully close. If I put in order the big tanks:

Sherman V2/King
Modfather
VCST 36
VCST 30
Ohmec Beast
Aromamizer

Modfather flavour lags behind the top two and it leaks a bit. Thew VCST is huge (36 ml version) and I admit I rather like all the VCSTs I've used. I would take them over the Modfather even though the Modfather is probably the better tank. The beast is certainly okay and it the cheapest by far. The Aromamizer just lags behind all the others in flavour and build. Hope this was a useful overview.

EVL Reaper (4 ml) - So this is an amazing RTA. Made of pure titanium (careful not to scratch it) and elegant in looks this is the real deal. It is a single coil deck and wicks much like the old kanger RBAs. That is where the similarities end. I built it quite high so I could vape my nic salts on it with my authentic(not a clone Eddie) Xvo stick mod which has been sitting on a shelf far too long. This is a true MTL RTA that ranks with the best of them. If you build it to about a .8 or so you can vape standard e-juice at around 20-22 watts and get the best flavor you ever had from a MTL RTA. I built around 1.3 ohm and am vaping it at 11.2 watts with nic salts. So full disclosure - this tank costs 300 - 400 US if you can find one. I was lucky enough to pick it up in a trade. Would I recommend it? Well, probably not. It is has two major cons. Titanium RTAs do not have the smoothest threading and can scratch. Also the price is way too high when you can buy a Hurricane Jr. clone for 25 dollars or even a Kayfun 5 for 175. If it wasn't part of a trade I would have passed on it for sure. Do I love this tank. Absolutely. Oh yes, like many high end RTAs it is bottom fill. For all of the above here is my ranking ...
B+

Ohmega Alpha (8 ml) - This is a 30mm tank that states 8ml as its capacity. It is a shorty tank - not tall at all. I measured 7ml - no way I could 8 ml in the tank. That aside - how is the tank? I have the gunmetal grey version but it comes in a slew of colors. At the moment it sits on top of my Slice. And it overhangs, lol. But not terribly. Machining on this tank is very good but the threads are thin so you have to be a bit careful. There is NO juice control. There is NO airflow control. So you build how you like to vape it! I put .35 ohm claptons in - 3.5 diameter. You can go up to 4 diameter and that is actually okay. This tank leaks if you don't STUFF it with cotton. And I mean stuff. I completely fill the juice channels and hang some over onto the deck! I burp fill always. That is to say, I keep my fingers over the air holes, fill, quickly turn upside down, turn it right side up and the4n take my fingers away. The first time I built it, it leaked. Oh boy did it leak. So I rebuilt with so much cotton it was hard to pull throufgh the coils. I shoves a shit load down the channels. If you look at it you can see all the cotton on the deck too just hanging over. But no leaks. No dry hits. NO dry hits. It has amazing flavor. I'm at 63 watts (Slice is very accurate, btw) and the vape is great. You need at least 7ml in it. It drinks your juice! Here is the best part - it looks great and it costs less than 30 dollars. Recommended only for experienced RTA users though. I like it.
B+

Wotofo Troll (5 ml) - What a lovely little tank this is. I was really impressed. Now I use the OBS Engine a lot. But the OBS has spit back when you initially fill it and wicking is a bit trickier than the Troll. You have to see the deck on the Troll, lol. It has horizontal dual velocity style posts. Yes, horizontal rather than vertical. And they are a breeze to build on. Wicking is also a no brainer. Cut your cotton to hit the bottom of the deck. Champer the edges. Poke the cotton through the holes. Prime. Really easy first try. No leaking no spitback. Top fill. Well machined. The flavor beats the Exo and the OBS. At around 40-60 watts depending on your coils, of course, you get great flavor. This has become my number one RTA among my heavier DTL RTAs. It does not comopete with a Hurry Jr. or a Pico or other very expensive high attys but it is really good for a nice warm vape.
A+

Modfather Voltrove (20 ml) - You read 20 ml. You read correctly. THIS RTA IS ACTUALLY 41MM! Yep 41 mm in diameter. Top fill(5mm slots). It has peek insulators and a glass tank section . But oh the deck ... a 28mm Deck configuration with parallel post and 3mm hole size slotted SS. The RTA comes with lots of spare parts, screwdriver et all. You drooling now. This tank is a beast. It is easy to fill, easy to build on, easy to wick, rarely leaks. Open nup the airflow and vape away at 150 watts and the vape is smooth as silk. Now, I am a toodle vaper. This tank is a lot for me to handle. And yet when I used it it was marvelous. Could not find a fault other than cost - it is not cheap - runs 65+. But it is cheaper than a scottua or sherman and it is better than either. Yes, I said better.
A+

Goblin V3 mini RTA (2 ml) - Well most of the regulars here know that I am a big fan of the Goblins. But the V# had some bad reviews online so I did not want to buy one. Albert (ecigarettes.ca) was kind enough to give me one at cost so ... First off it has two decks. I'm using the 16mm single coil deck but it also has a velocity dual coil deck in the box. It comes with a wide bore delrin top or a standard top that fits a regular 510 drip tip - what I use. There is not a whole lot room on the deck to build. I put a simple 24 gauge kanthal coil in at .8 ohm. I wanted to vape this tank at 25 watts. The machining is decent. It is not very large - 22mm diameter and about 33mm high. So it looks very nice on top of almost any mod. It has a very nice juice control set up and you can adjust the airflow for MTL or DL. I use a light DL - almost a MTL draw. Now it does not leak. That for me is a huge pro. The taste is excellent. It is top fill. Overall I am really pleased with this and have just recently taken my Tilemahos off my DNA40 Vaporflask and am using this instead. It is set at 25.7 watts and vapes lovely.
B+

Moradin RTA (3/5 ml) - This is a hard one to assess. There are things I love about it and things i do not love about it. The flavor is spot on. It does not leak. It has a juice control ring that you simply raise and lower when filling. The AFC ring is nice. So these are both big pluses. It has a velocity deck BUT it is a small deck with just one hole in each post. So it is hard to get big coils in there. I managed five wrap coils at 2.5 mm. I gor a .3 ohm build. The drip tip is solid delrin and so the you need to be careful as it screws into the top cap where you fill. I am afraid that in time it MIGHT strip. Or it might not, lol. Certainly need to be gentle. Also the glass and top is one piece. They do not come apart. If you drop this you are SOL. Seems like a lot of cons but honestly i feel the pros outweigh the cons. I would recommend the tank as not leaking and tasting great goes a long way. This tank vapes best at about 60 watts. It has a ceramic deck so it heats up too much at higher watts for my tastes. If sa 60 watt vape is good for you go for the tank.
B

Dotmod Petri RTA (2 ml) - This is a beautiful RTA. I have toyed with one for a day or two and finally spent thew 95 Canadian to buy one. This has an elevated deck that is postless. It is a bit tricky to take apart. You actually need to unscrew the 510 pin, then take out the deck, then build it, then reassemble and rescrew the 510 pin in. A few extra steps for sure. But how is it built? Well, it's all 24K gold and the machining is just superb. Easy peasy to install coils and wick. No holes to shove your cotton in. Just lay the cotton on the deck beside the air holes. The grub screws (you get extra) seem solid - not likely to strip. Easy to top fill. Fantastic glass Dotmod drip tip. How does it vape? Well, no leaking and no dry hits from my limited experience. Now it comes with some wonderful claptoin coils at .15 ohms. So you will be going through juice fast. And it is a small capacity. So the flavor is intense like a RDA but you will refill every 15-20 minutes if you chain vape. That is the only con. Otherwise a fantastic RTA and I'm really happy with it. I might be using it more than my beloved Serpent Mini. I would rate it higher but it is only a 2ml capacity and removing the 510 pin then reinstalling it then building it then removing it then reinstalling it is a little flaky. I'll get used it to it because I love the tank.
A

VCST 30mm (6.5ml) - This is a strange one. I'll start by saying it does not seem to leak. Now I brought in a Petri to Yan (owner of a vape store and good friend) because he loved mine so much. while there we took apart, built and vaped the VCST which I wanted to try. He showed me how they suggest filling it - a hole on the inside of the chimney when you remove the chuff cap. However, it is bloody awkward. He then showed me how he fills it. See the tank has a lock that connwects the base to the tank so you can fiddle with coils without any juice loss. You can fill it this way too and it's bloody easy. Unlock it upside down. Fill it. Lock it. No leaks at all. None. I liked the way it va'ped. Nice clouds and flavor and a giant deck. Good machining as I expect now from vapercloudz. BUT - I hateb the damn proprietary drip tip. I do. It's too bloody short and too bloody wide. The airflow is Kennedy style and adjustable - it's nice and surprisingly again no leaks. So this is a tough rating for me - I did not use it long enough to reallyb assess it. Yan loves it and he also loves the VCMT. He is a vapercloudz fanboy. Is it worthwhile adding to your collection? IF I used tanks regularly, IF I wanted a big capacity 30 mm tank and IF I did not already try and own the other 30 mm tanks maybe yes. For now unrated until I actually get to use for more than an hour.

CoilArt Azeroth RDTA (4ml) - Well we have winner here. First off it looks nicer than the Limitless Plus RDTA. Of course looks are subjective but this tank is really pretty. The black - which I tested today - has a wonderful matte finish and gold accents. Now wicking, machining, building is top notch. This RDTA has a Goon style deck. The only issue is that you cannot use really fat coils. You will fit a clapton easily enough but a fat alien might be an issue. This is because the screws are short for some reason and the clamps only go up around 2 mm or so. Apparently there is a revised version with longer screws but my store had the older version. Unfortunately the boxes are identical - of course, eh. The one I tried used a smaller alien and it vaped amazingly well. Great flavor out of this tank. You all know I'm not a tank guy. I use my Serpent moini and Goblin mini occasionally but I'm a RDA guy. I would use this tank though. Now, we wicked this up together at the shop. The wick just barely touched the top of the glass - no wick in the glass. Never got a dry hit. Just a nice saturated warm vape. I will say also it comes with obligatory extra glass, extra rings and screws and clamps, etc. It uses phillip's head screws, BTW. So after using this for a half hour and building it (he was nice to let me) I would recommend this tank without hesitation.
A

Innokin Axiom RTA (3.5ml) - Has anyone used the Innokin RDA? They had one and it was total garbage. So I was really hesitant when I saw the Axiom being tested at the B+M. First off it is smaller than a Moonshot - well maybe the same size but looked awfully small. It also had that horrible nipple drip tip the Moonshot also has. That's it for cons. Everything else was stellar. I was given the RBA to try a build and I just did a spaced clapton with some clapton wire at about .4 ohm on a 2.5 mm jig. I wicked it on the loose sie but full enough to fill the wick holes. I vaped it at 45 watts. Wow. It was fantastic. The taste was excellent - better than most RTAs I have used. It had reasonable clouds but it is not a cloud chucker. Its a flavor RTA that is small and designed NOT to drink your juice. The deck is small. I don't think I could fit a 3mm coil in but maybe. I played it safe as it is not my RTA anyway (although I am going to buy one). Now it has a pre built coil as well. It looks like the old Zephyrus coils that were pretty good actually. Simple horizontal wires. These also tasted great. Here is the thing. The machining on this tank is top notch. It feels like the fine European tanks. It is top fill.
A

Sense Herakles RTA 2 (6 ml) - Wowza. This tank truly rocks. It builds a little different from other tanks. Its a velocity style that will accommodate big coils. However, there are only two juice channels that both coils use. This actually works well guys. It vapes amazing at high watts. It has only one con - it drinks juice like Fatboy says - like sailors on leave. Build quality is excellent. It is top fill.
A

Sense Herakles mini-RTA (3 ml) - This is just like its big brother above but smaller. It is still almost 25 mm across with a 17 mm build deck. But because it is smallewr I thinkm the flavor is even better. This to me is one of the must buys among RTAs if you want a stealthier look.
A+

Kaos Erebus 25/30 (7ml) - Hmm. This surprised me. This is decently priced. It had no machine oil smell at all when unpackaged. Pretty decent construction. I bought it to compare to the VCMT. And it vapes as well if not better. Yep. It has a standard Velocity style deck - same as the atty which is a good size for those big fat coils. It has a juice control ring you set when you build it. The juice channels are frickin' huge. I put some claptons in around .3 ohm. I wicked to the bottom of the deck and filled the juice slot with cotton. I started at 50 watts and was soon vaping it at 100 watts. No dry hits - no leaks. So easy to wick for sure. Got it first time. It comes with a SS or a Delrin black drip. Comes with clear and smoked glass. It has enough o-rings/gaskets to really customize the look. Even had a few coils and screwdrivers. Top fill.
A+

Wismec Theorem RTA (2.7ml) - Just got this baby. It comes needing a cleaning. The coil (notched) was installed. I took it apart, cleaned it and cut the cotton ends - they were way too long. Should hang like the Haze - just above the bottom or barely touching. I've been vaping it in TC but I adjusted the TC in TCR mode to a bit higher then the SS TC on my mod - it has nickel legs and you need too. Otherwise use the TC SS and reduce temp and wattage - also works well. I've had zero dry hits that way. It wicks very nicely. Does not leak. Is not terrible on juice consumption.Oh yes - top fill but different from other top fills - no small hole. Nice large velocity style deck. Those notched coils heat up fast and can vape in TC but use your own Claptons for the best flavor. Genesis style tank and fill.
B+

Augvape Boreas (8ml) - What a friggin' huge deck. Huge juice capacity. It's 25 mm. So easy to build on its sick. Large juice capacity, top fill but it can leak until you get the wicking right. This tank drinks juice. Hope you DIY your juice. That said a brilliant tank. It has a friggin' huge velocity style deck. Great machining on this tank. This tank has no flaws whatsoever I can find. It is so much like the Aromazizer Supreme. It might have slightly better flavor but the Boreas might be an easier wick with better machining. It's a top fill.
A

VCMT 25 (7ml) - The air flow control is very smooth. Very quiet too. One thing I am noticing I don't care for, is rings on the bottom of the base that are open to the mod. Leaks go to the connector and might not be visible. It fits 4mm plus ID coils with no problem. It vapes up to 150 watts, no dry hits. No juice control, but I do care about juice cut off. And you can't do that on this tank. Overall a beast. This is a keeper tank if you cvan live with the size. Top fill.
A

Aromamizer Supreme
(7ml) - It is a good RTA for sure. Doesn't leak, good build deck, good airflow, good juice capacity. However, I use RDAs or RDTAs only now. My VCMT 30 sits. My Suptreme Sits. My Boreas sits. I'll use my Limitless Plus because it is a dripper as well as a tank. I'll use any RDTA first. But do not let my personal idiosyncrasies stop you. It's a lovely RDA. So a 7ml capacity, no leaking, bigger juice hole, better juice control, great flavor and great airflow now - definite improvement over the original. The con is that it sucks up your juice like a mofo. More than an RDA! Good thing it is 7ml, no? Still have to pull the deck oput and get in the damn slots. But meh, if you like a pure RTA it is real good. Maybe better than the Griffin 25. Which is pretty darn good too. This is often compared to the Boreas - well both were designed by Roxy so no surprise.
A

Aspire Cleito RTA (5.0 ml) - So this is a bit different as some will say this is an RBA and not a RTA. Well it's advertised as a RTA and it works like a RTA. First this RTA section is big. So I bought the extension bubble glass (very cheap). Now I love vaping my .2 ohm Cleito coils. Flavor is amazing and filling it is so easy. So I was excited to try the RTA. The deck is a big ol' velocity deck. Yahoo. I was able to fit 3.5 ml coils in it. If you build it really low and vape at over 80 watts it will heat up fierce so be careful. I found a .3 ohm build vaping at around 70 watts was lovely. No leaking if you fill the wick holes with ciotton. Great airflow. Superb flavor. Now thew tank gets hot as a pistol when using the RTA if you build low and vape high. That's why they come with a special insulated sleeve for the top cap. You will need it. Top fill.
B

Smok TFV8 BEAST (5ml) - This is your high end sports car of tanks. A real juice drinker but a huge cloud producer. It is as advertised - a beast of a tank. The RBA is just a delight to build. It even comes with a couple of decent clapton coils which read .27 on my mod. The airflow is enormous. Build this lower than the coils it comes with and you can vape at 120 watts with a dual .15 build and you have the room. It’s a velocity style deck as well. If you decide to use the prebuilt coils well ... you can win a cloud comp. There is also a baby beast that is 1/3 smaller and also has its own RBA deck. The difference between the baby and full size is really only juice capacity. Both get hot as a pistol, BTW. The tank is top fill.
B+

Vaporesso Gemini (3.5 ml) - I never bought a Griffin. I jumped right to the Gemini. Easy as anything to build on. Decent juice capacity. This is also top fill. The wicking is little tricky - similar to the aromamizer but it hardly leaks if you shut down the juice control while filing. This is essential. Air flow on this tank is insane. I've been running it on my HexOhm at around 4.5 volts on a dual fused clapton at .35 ohm. If you set the watts too high or wick too light you will get an occasional dry hit. At least I do. Build deck is again large velocity style. Build quality average and it comes dirty. It's a top fill.
B+

Sigelei Moonshot (2ml) - Tricky little build deck but boy can you vape high on the bugger. At 90 - 100 watts it tastes perfect but really does get too hot. If it was not for the build deck and juice capacity on a tank that drinks juice I would rate this higher. Actually it has too many cons to beat out the Mage or Tornado Nano. It's a top fill.
B

Ijoy Tornado Nano (4ml) - This is a 25 ml tank/RTA. It comes with coils. I used the .3 coil today and I built the RBA section. Both wicked beautifully. I got the black version from my B+M about three hours ago and it is nice. The glass starts dark and then goes translucent. Looks amazing on any black mod. Or you can use the clear glass (comes with both). It is slightly taller than a Moonshot. I was able to build 3.5 mm coils on the RBA velocity style deck with plenty of room (8 wraps). So either as a standard sub ohm tank with pre-built coils or as a RTA this works really well. I love it. The machining is top notch too. Of course not being an RTA guy I usually pass on RTAs within a month. Did I mention I like it a lot. Might actually keep this one for awhile. Well built and no issues although it does not sit absolutely flush on some mods. Would be hard choosing between this and the Mage but this holds more juice. And the prebuilt coils can be rewicked with ease. Fantastic flavor. Top fill.
A+

OBS Engine RTA 25mm 5ml - Nice RTA for sure. The machining is good - similar to the Crius. It fills from the top side like OBS tanks do. It is top aiirflow. Now I was never a fan of top airflow but this does not leak and has excellent flavor. The deck is pretty easy to build on - velocity style - but the holes are atd small far the very fancy thick coils. It will take a 3mm coil though and I've used only a twisted in it that came with the tank. These are really nice. Overall this is a tank I quite like. It's a little bigger than a Mage. They have a smaller 22 mm version but meh. Side/Top fill.
A-

CoilArt Mage (2.5ml) - Well they did it. This is the Moonshot killer. Easier to build on, excellent airflow, very well built and a delight to vape on. I wicked it first try without leaks or dry hits. Same problem drinking your juice up as the Moonshot but oh wow. I love this little tank. Great flavor. It can get hot but it does not burn my lips like the Moonshot. But here is my problem. The top fill sucks. It is so difficult to get the top off its frustrating. Otherwise I would rate it higher but cannot. Its a top fill.
B+

Wotofo Serpent Mini (3ml) - Well its advertised 3 ml but I found I was getting a bit less. This is a single coil RTA. It does not vape at high watts - I use it at 40 watts. Its nicely built but it is not for those who like to vape at high watts. The threads are good. Its pretty easy to wick. Would I buy this over the Mage which is similar in size or over the Theorem? Well over the Theorem yes. Over the Mage no. But if you like a single coil and a nice looking little RTA it is not bad at all. It also drinks a heck of a lot less juice - lower watts - and the flavor and clouds are very respectable. It is nice to vape at 40 watts some days. Juice is expensive, lol. It is in my rotation on top of my Asmodus mini. Its top fill.
B+

Augvape Alleria (3ml) - This is Boreas' little sister. It looks nicer on some mods because it is smaller but it vapes similar to the Theorem but better. I like the flexibility of using the Theorem notched coils or my own and the Theorem is easy to build and fill as well. However you are building single coil only on the Theorem. For a dual coil the Alleria rocks as long as you can live with a smaller capacity. Top fill.
A-

Ijoy Limitless/Limitless Plus (4ml/6ml) - Okay I just got to play with this. I borrowed this from a reviewer here in Toronto this very evening. He managed to get his hands on one - he actually paid for it. This is better than the Avocado. The Avocado has minor issues with the threading and build quality. This has great threading. Wicking is easy peasy. Filling is side fill. Very easy to fill. No dry hits and decent deck size. It has a proprietary chuff cap BUT the Kennedy 24 fits it ( I have Kennedys) and the Goon fits it (I have a Goon). So it is a non-issue for me. This is probably the best RTAI've tested so far albeit I only played with it for an hour at the house and then he took it home. I used the silver version. I now own the black bandana Plus version which is beautiful. Nice big deck - easy to install the coils. Air flow is insane - I have mine half closed. Of course it is near impossible to over drip on a RDTA genny style. I use the smoked glass (comes with smoke and clear). After using this for awhile I'm revising my rating. I love them - I use them as RTAs but they leak when on their side so they are hard to transport. Still my go to RDTA though. Genesis style tank and fill.
A-

Geekvape Avocado 24 (5ml) - Another RTA that we compare to Theorem. The Thereom can deliver on flavor but I prefer the Avocado. I just got this baby recently and I would take one of these over two Theorems. it holds a lot more juice and the flavor for me is better than the Theorem. The avocado is easy to build on and the airflow adjustment is easier to use and it is designed better than the Theorem. I think most who have tried both will agree the Avocado is the clear winner. The 24 version improves on the original. Might actually be better than the Limitless Plus and competes with the new Azeroth tank. Genesis style tank and fill.
A

Steamcrave Aromamizer VI (2.5 ml) - I liked it when I first got it. I don't like that it is not top fill. I also find I get a few dry hits. The pre made coils are okay if you want nickel and vape TC. The three above all have much better build decks to work with. A velocity style is available but its small. Machining is good. Bottom fill.
B-

Haze - Not everyone's taste. I really like the Haze. The build deck is cramped. Get the wick down into the juice chamber is a pain. However, once built and wicked it has exceptional flavor. It also is a Genesis fill.
B-

I will now out these two RDAs together as I have them but do not use them ...

UD Bellus and Mutank- Bad build decks, leak, okay flavor. Did I say leak? No matter how I build them they leak! They are both top fill. Meh
C

Goblin mini V1 (2ml) - Okay. Not doing a real review. Everyone knows its bottom fill with a fill screw. Everyone knows it comes with that funny drip tip. The build deck is really small. It's in my rotation anyway. Always has been for almost two years. Why? Low on juice consumption and huge on taste. You can pick them up for under ten dollars online. Take a flyer. I'm not going to rate this.

Now I've used other older RTAs - Goliath, Zephyrus, Goblin mini and Lemos - but these are the newer guys on the block. These are just my impressions.

So we never really looked at the expensive options. I'll go through a few here:

E-Phoenix Hurricane JR.
- Machining is superb. You can get different options for the tank. This tank is not like the original Hurricane. You can use thicker coils ansd you can blow a bit of cloud. But it is still at heart a flavor RTA. The tolerances on this RTA are flawless. You will not get a dry hit either. You just need to dial in the juice flow ring. And there is no top fill. And it is expensive. And it is a great RTA.

Ubertoot 2 UTA - Like the Hurricane the machining is flawless. Of course it does not matter. Getting one is near impossible, lol. Their website is temporarily down. This is essentially a MTL tank BUT you can get a direct lung hit if built right. Like the Hurricane JR it has a condensed vapor chamber. Now thew new RTAs are trying to do the same thing ( all the minis out there). But there is something about the flavor on the original that surpasses all the copies and wannabees. Wicking and building this is a breeze. Again its old school. No top fill.

Xtra Mile Vape Puro RBA kit - First you need to buy the Puro - then you can get ther RBA kit. The Puro made in Korea was built to accommodate Atlantis coils abnd improve on the flavor. It succeeds. The RBA kit just makes it a total winner. It's an ulthem tank and drip tip. That is a nice cool vape. This is a win/win tank and RBA kit.

Eden Mods Rose 3 - This is the top of heap. Unparalleled machining and quality here guys. This baby has a postless deck too. It can be filled top or bottom. It comes with a PC tank but you can get an SS tank too. Easy to build - easy to wick. The flavor on the Rose 3 is simply the best you can get from an RTA. You just need to dial in the juice control. You can MTL the Rose 3 but you can and will direct lung hit this little baby. So nice.

Chels InsideOut - Lets start off by saying that this is virtually leak proof. It has only one o-ring on the whole tank. This is understated elegance. It fills and works like no other RTA on the planet - you need to see the review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...MLH4CTzSGM . That being said the tank was made for flavor chasers.

Calix V2 by LEO
- You can build anything from single coil up to quad coils on this deck BUT you will not want the single coil. This is built for dual ot quad. This is one of the best flavor chasing RTAs on the market and it has enough unique features to offer the greatest flexibility of build. The airflow rivals of most other high end RTAs and the juice control like all the other high end RTAs needs to be dialed in. Another well machined and excellent vape. It is as near to leak proof as they come as well.

There are other high end RTAs I like - I will add more at a later date.

Tilemahos Spring Omizer - This is a Greek made atomizer designed for MTL. I have it on my Vaporshark DNA40. It is available with a matt clear cap. What makes this an interesting atty is that the coil just sits between the two posts - no screws at all. You simply shove it down in there to touch both sides. So you need to make a spaced springy coil and place it in the chanel. Wicking is as easy as it comes too. And never a dry hit. You have a juice control that you close when top filling. I've yet to have it leak. Now beware - it is not a glass tank. So no lemonades. You need to be careful screwing on the top cap too as its matal to plastic. Still - very well machined. I really like the flavor on this little bugger. Not the most expensive out there but a new one will cost you 75 Euros. I got mine in trade.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2018 11:57 PM by paulS.)
24-04-2016 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 16 users Like paulS's post:
Chuck-Drl (04-14-2018), Don (06-26-2017), Eggza (07-26-2016), Fatboy (07-24-2016), gentlydoingit* (04-24-2016), Hacker7 (09-14-2016), jamiwilos (05-21-2017), LilFracker (07-24-2017), Michael (04-25-2016), Nevweezy (05-05-2016), planet-vaper (03-26-2017), Skyray (03-12-2018), Spasmod (08-09-2016), TinWhisker (12-27-2016), Vapestart (04-25-2016), Xplycko (07-24-2017)
Vapestart Offline

Likes Given: 14
RE: Which RTA should I get?
(24-04-2016 07:12 PM)paulS Wrote:  So I'm quickly going to run through some of the RTAs I'm using in the house. I'm generally an RDA guy but hey ... I will work down from the newest to oldest ... some RTAs are already gone ...

Theorem RTA (2.7ml) - Just got this baby. It comes needing a cleaning. The coil (notched) was installed. I took it apart, cleaned it  and cut the cotton ends - they were way too long. Should hang like the Haze - just above the bottom or barely touching. I've been vaping it in TC but I adjusted the TC in TCR mode to a bit higher then the SS TC on my mod - it has nickel legs and you need too. Otherwise use the TC SS and reduce temp and wattage - also works well. I've had zero dry hits that way. It wicks very nicely. Does not leak. Is not terrible on juice consumption.Oh yes - top fill but different from other top fills - no small hole. Nice large velocity style deck. Best part is the coils you can purchase. Those notched coils heat up fast.
A

Boreas (8ml) - What a friggin' huge deck. Huge juice capacity. It's 25 mm. So easy to build on its sick. Large juice capacity, top fill but it can leak until you get the wicking right. This tank drinks juice. Hope you DIY your juice. That said a brilliant tank. It has a friggin' huge velocity style deck. Great machining on this tank. This tank has no flaws whatsoever I can find.
A+

Gemini (3.5 ml) - I never bought a Griffin. I jumped right to the Gemini. Easy as anything to build on. Decent juice capacity. This is also top fill. The wicking is little tricky - similar to the aromamizer but it hardly leaks if you shut down the juice control while filing. This is essential. Air flow on this tank is insane. I've been running it on my HexOhm at around 4.5 volts on a dual fused clapton at .35 ohm. This and the Theorem are the only two RDAs I take out of the4 house now. If you set the watts too high or wick too light you will get an occasional dry hit. At least I do. Build deck is again large velocity style. Build quality average and it comes dirty.
A -

Aromamizer V2 (2.5 ml) - I liked it when I first got it. I don't like that it is not top fill. I also find I get a few dry hits. The pre made coils are okay if you want nickel and vape TC. The three above all have much better build decks to work with. A velocity style is available but its small. Machining is good.
B -

Haze - Not everyone's taste. I really like the Haze. The build deck is cramped. Get the wick down into the juice chamber is a pain. However, once built and wicked it has exceptional flavor. It also is a top fill.
B -

I will now out these two RDAs together as I have them but do not use them ...

Bellus and Mutank- Bad build decks, leak, okay flavor. Did I say leak? No matter how I build them they leak! They are both top fill. Meh
C

Now I've used other older RTAs - Goliath, Zephyrus, Goblin mini and Lemos - but these are the newer guys on the block. These are just my impressions.
Thanks for sharing this Paul. Heard the VCMT by Vaperz Cloud is a Griffin and Gimini killer but haven't had the chance to tryout one myself. If by any chance you manage to try one out I would be curious to hear your opinion about it. 
Cheers
25-04-2016 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Vapestart's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017), planet-vaper (03-26-2017)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,344
Mike, gentlydoingit* here has one. He seems to like it.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
25-04-2016 08:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
I have two Biggrin 25 & 30mm versions. The 25 is one of the best big airflow rta's I've tried, the heracles 4 hole rta is a close contender, and the augvape paul mentioned is also very good. The 30mm vcmt however stands alone as the most powerful, biggest cloud machine I've ever used! Better even than a lot of rda's out there, I kid you not! The airflow full open is as unrestricted as a velocity. Don't buy one of the current clones, they're not even close Wink

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
25-04-2016 09:17 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017), planet-vaper (03-26-2017)
Vapestart Offline

Likes Given: 14
(25-04-2016 09:17 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  I have two Biggrin 25 & 30mm versions. The 25 is one of the best big airflow rta's I've tried, the heracles 4 hole rta is a close contender, and the augvape paul mentioned is also very good. The 30mm vcmt however stands alone as the most powerful, biggest cloud machine I've ever used! Better even than a lot of rda's out there, I kid you not! The airflow full open is as unrestricted as a velocity. Don't buy one of the current clones, they're not even close Wink
Thanks Mike Smile . I am in search for one now Big Grin Almost forgot, how is the flavor on the 25 and 30?
25-04-2016 09:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapestart's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
Depends how you vape, at low power I've no idea, haha. At high power it's a strong 9 out of 10 for flavour. Not all juice vapes well at high watts though. I'm currently using cup cake man @110w on a 3mm .11 ss fused clapton in the 25mm and so totally enjoying it Good

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
25-04-2016 09:41 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (03-19-2017), jamiwilos (05-21-2017), paulS (04-25-2016), Vapestart (04-25-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

It's important to take into account how you like to vape.The Gemini has more airflow than any of the the RTAs i listed. It is stupid airflow. But I happen to like a more restricted and denser cloud so I shut the airflow down to half and still vape it at 75+ watts. But when vaping that high the juice just disappears fast. The Boreas has the biggest deck of all I mentioned and you put some sick as coils in it and vape at 100+ watts easily and comfortably. It is superb if you like to vape at that level. I can vape the Theorem at 60 watts though and get tremendous flavor. However, you will be refilling the bugger often because it has a small capacity. The Boreas has a giant capacity.

I looked at the VCMT at our B+M and tried the one the owner uses. He is a good friend so ... it is similar to the Boreas but if I was buying a tank - and I was - I would buy the Boreas - which I did. I never saw the 30mm though. That would make a difference. Here are some I did not list but have vaped on and seen but do not own:

Sigelei Moonshot - Tricky little build deck but boy can you vape high on the bugger. At 90 - 100 watts it tastes perfect and really fdoes not get to hot.
Augvape Allerias - This is Boreas' little sister. It looks nicer on some mods because it is smaller but it vapes similar to the Theorem which I chose over it. I like the flexibility of using the Theorem notched coils or my own and the Theorem is easy to build and fill as well. However you are building single coil only on the Theorem.

Now all that said ... I keep hearing it vapes like an RDA when people refer to some RTAs. I have NEVER found an RTA that vapes as well as good RDA on a series mod. Which is why my ADVs are all RDAs and series mods. But that is my style. It should not really influence others' choices. I never used an MTL RDA - well Gently sent me a Taifun which i use very occasionally - when I have a cold with a mint vape. For me it useful that way and the Taifun GT is pretty good actually. I also owned a Goblin which had the best flavor of any RTA I've used but it was the original with the bottom screw fill and drove me nuts. I hear the new Goblin is even better but it is not my style.

25-04-2016 01:34 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
gentlydoingit* (04-25-2016), jamiwilos (05-21-2017), Michael (04-25-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Get the velocity deck for the Aromamizer, totally worth it.  Also, I don't think you have the v2, because AFAIK it hasn't been released yet and it IS top fill.  Propery wicked, the Aromamizer will never dry hit.  I've tried, lol.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
25-04-2016 04:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

You are right. It is not top fill Jaded. But I have the velocity deck. And I if i chain vape it I do get the occasional dry hit on high VG. Bear in mind my builds are quite low.

25-04-2016 07:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I'm going to make an educated guess and say you're using vertical coils?

I typically run mine in the .20-.22 ohm range, between 80 and 90 watts.  The only way I've ever managed a dry hit with the Aromamizer is with vertical coils or with too much wick.  Build the coils horizontally, pushed as low as possible into the deck, with just enough wick to cover the holes in the base.    

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 07:30 PM by Almost Jaded.)
25-04-2016 07:28 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
jamiwilos (05-21-2017), paulS (04-25-2016)