Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where should I set my VV/VW mod?
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
RE: Where should I set my VV/VW mod?
Perception is reality. I they perceive smoke..then it is smoke..to them. I really have no plans to vape in a public place. Just for that reason. 

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
03-05-2015 03:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like jerryz's post:
Cman (05-03-2015), Michael (05-03-2015)
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

Likes Given: 119
I've only ever experienced being told to not vape one time at a restaurant in my town. I guess my experience isn't the norm but I'm kind of a big guy and I feel that most people just don't feel like they can approach me with it without some sort of confrontation. I'm not confrontational by any means, though, and would gladly comply if asked. A lot of the times I don't even mean to vape in certain places but do it absentmindedly because, to me, there is nothing wrong with it. I visited a large indoor flea market in a city near me today and, to my surprise, almost everyone in the building was vaping. There were a lot of vaping "vendors" with booths set up selling things for ridiculous prices so that's, probably, why it was openly allowed in there.

As for the topic at hand Tongue I tend to adjust my power with every different setup I have and fine tune it until I get the experience I enjoy out of it the most. I have people ask me all the time what they "should" have their mod set to and I always reply, "Set it to whatever setting gives you the best experience in your opinion.". 
03-05-2015 04:10 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CL0UD_Z3R0's post:
Michael (05-03-2015)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 16,110
Like other folks are saying, it's really up to you to decide what works best. The high power devices are fun to run sub-ohm coils and blow giant clouds, but are by no means necessary. Most people are happy with anywhere from 5-20W, I remember before I joined the forum I was using a ProTank 2 on an MVP 2.0 at around 11W and that was fine. The bigger stuff is just to blow big clouds, and a lot of it boils down to showing off. I personally am accustomed to the big clouds now and anything less feels unsatisfying, but for a lot of people it's all about "mine is bigger!" 

[Image: Banner_zpse5lhrldb.jpg]
03-05-2015 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-03-2015), Cman (05-03-2015)
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
(03-05-2015 03:36 AM)jerryz Wrote:  Perception is reality. I they perceive smoke..then it is smoke..to them. I really have no plans to vape in a public place. Just for that reason. 

Agreed and thats very unfortunate , if people are going to form an opinion the least you can do is form it on accurate information.

(03-05-2015 04:10 AM)CL0UD_Z3R0 Wrote:  I've only ever experienced being told to not vape one time at a restaurant in my town. I guess my experience isn't the norm but I'm kind of a big guy and I feel that most people just don't feel like they can approach me with it without some sort of confrontation. I'm not confrontational by any means, though, and would gladly comply if asked. A lot of the times I don't even mean to vape in certain places but do it absentmindedly because, to me, there is nothing wrong with it. I visited a large indoor flea market in a city near me today and, to my surprise, almost everyone in the building was vaping. There were a lot of vaping "vendors" with booths set up selling things for ridiculous prices so that's, probably, why it was openly allowed in there.

As for the topic at hand Tongue I tend to adjust my power with every different setup I have and fine tune it until I get the experience I enjoy out of it the most. I have people ask me all the time what they "should" have their mod set to and I always reply, "Set it to whatever setting gives you the best experience in your opinion.". 
The reason i rarely vape out in public is because i usually hit it hard in the car right before i go and do what i have to do in stores etc...

Imo , the craving to vape is so much weaker (which is good) than real cig cravings so i rarely if ever get a craving to vape,  maybe after a meal but otherwise not a big deal .  In other words i don't lose my freaking mind and want to end someones life if i have a craving that i can't satisfy.

(03-05-2015 09:34 AM)Michael Wrote:  Like other folks are saying, it's really up to you to decide what works best. The high power devices are fun to run sub-ohm coils and blow giant clouds, but are by no means necessary. Most people are happy with anywhere from 5-20W, I remember before I joined the forum I was using a ProTank 2 on an MVP 2.0 at around 11W and that was fine. The bigger stuff is just to blow big clouds, and a lot of it boils down to showing off. I personally am accustomed to the big clouds now and anything less feels unsatisfying, but for a lot of people it's all about "mine is bigger!" 

To be honest that is still a perfectly acceptable and satisfying vape to me , even these days lol.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 09:49 AM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 09:43 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Cman's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-03-2015), DearyDarling (05-19-2015), Michael (05-03-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 8,289
I have 3 tanks - 2 Nautilus Minis and a K1. The K1 is powered by an itaste MVP2 at 9W with a 1.8 ohm coil. The nautilus minis are powered by an istick 20W - I have 2 of these both at 9W with 1.8 ohm coils. I started with the lowest settings available on the mods and worked up through every setting - the best for taste was the 9W setting and still more vaper than I got 'smoke' from my cigarettes. That was 6 months ago - nothing has changed since and nor will it. Everyone is different as to what they want some want clouds, some want taste. Starting at the lowest setting and working through them all did it for me - I need my nicotine and I want the taste.
03-05-2015 11:13 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (05-03-2015), CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-03-2015), DearyDarling (05-19-2015), Michael (05-03-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

I guess I watch too many YouTube videos. I watched one by"Rip Tripper" He seems entertaining. I followed one of his simple coil builds, but I don't get anywhere near the cloud he does. Yes..I do like a big cloud. Maybe it's because I don't hit it as hard as he does. My lungs are still not there yet. Still cough once in a while. Well I think I grasp the wattage concept. Trial and error.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
03-05-2015 11:50 AM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 16,110
(03-05-2015 11:50 AM)jerryz Wrote:  I guess I watch too many YouTube videos. I watched one by"Rip Tripper" He seems entertaining. I followed one of his simple coil builds, but I don't get anywhere near the cloud he does. Yes..I do like a big cloud. Maybe it's because I don't hit it as hard as he does. My lungs are still not there yet. Still cough once in a while. Well I think I grasp the wattage concept. Trial and error.

Yeah RiP Trippers is a polarizing kind of guy. There's at least a few folks on here who can't stand him, but I really enjoy his videos. One thing no one can deny is that he's very enthusiastic about what he does, which I like. But yeah those giant clouds come from practice, once your lungs get used to the big hits it's hard to go back. 

[Image: Banner_zpse5lhrldb.jpg]
03-05-2015 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-03-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,192
I could never be satisfied witht e ProTanks again.  I hit my wife's i30 ProTank3 combo and I'm like - is there anything coming out of this, lol.  Sometimes I'll build a "smaller" setup for my SubTank, targeting 12-18 watt range in order to conserve battery power and juice.  And I can have a satisfying vape in that 15 w range with decent airflow.  But the tiny coils with the nonexistent airflow?  Nope.  Can't do it anymore.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
03-05-2015 08:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 7,313
I gave a 901 cigalike to a friend who was interested in trying. For me, that thing was useless. I mean you can barely see or smell that she's vaping. But it has replaced all but two of her cigarettes a day at work.

That thing is even lower powered than an eGo.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
04-05-2015 07:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Anyvape Twist w/Aspire Vivi Nova Kit
I ordered this so I would have something easy to carry around, but listening to you, I think its like what you are describing. I wish I didn't order it now.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
04-05-2015 08:48 PM