Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When do you stop?!
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
RE: When do you stop?!
@Xpri "I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire." love this saying. I have used it many times and I always get a strange look or a good laugh and sometimes both. Glad to know this expression is used else where besides here in Arizona. The expression just sums up so many thoughts into one simple and efficient expression.
04-11-2015 02:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ratty Offline

Likes Given: 4
I find myself chain vaping for a bit. Then it's like I forget the vape is there and may go another hour without vaping at all. The strange thing I find is that my vaping habit and smoking habit don't mirror each other. You would expect to vape at the time you would normally have had a cigarette but for some reason I vape at different times to when I would have lit up a cigarette. 
10-11-2015 03:41 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,341
This is a funny thread and a topic I thought of almost immediately after I switched to vaping. At first I was really enjoying all the similarities plus the great health benefits I was now enjoying, but it did soon sink in that there's really no time limiting factor like there is with an analog. A ciggy lasts x-minutes and then it's gone. You knew how long it took and you knew how to shorten it or stretch it out a little bit based on environment variables (like hotboxing it when it's below freezing outside). But then along comes vaping, where you're only done when you say you're done. No more 5 minute dependable breaks. I know exactly how AJ felt.

I don't even think about it anymore, now that I've been off the firestick routine for so long. I've settled in to the vaping lifestyle, where it's no longer weird to draw on and on without burning to the end of the tobacco. Funny thread and humorous responses here.
16-01-2016 05:35 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,089
I have to admit that I chain vape. Part of it is I'm constantluy buting a new atty or mod. Today I got a Cuboid and I put my new build double vision on it. I also got a free sub tank mini from a guy who said he thinks the tank sucks.I immediately built the RBA with a .46 clapton and am right now vaping it at 32 watts on my kanger mini and enjoying the heck out of it. Serously the kanger mini can still rock when built right. So I chain vape and drive my wife crazy. So it goes (vonnegut fans rejoice).

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
17-01-2016 02:01 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,392
Haven't read this thread yet, and I'm going to bed now.. it's 3.25am here.
I still don't know when to stop. Just like Paul I chain vape, rarely put one down. When I do I don't crave it like I did a smoke though, weird.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
17-01-2016 03:28 AM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,341
Ah, fun old thread. Some folks are still around, some have moved on, some were kinda pushed out. But a fun read.
20-06-2018 07:47 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,426
Never was on this thread - most before my time.
20-06-2018 08:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
TinWhisker (06-20-2018)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,426
Just been reading through this. My vaping roughly mirrors my smoking in the fact that I vape the most in the morning - by mid afternoon my body says that is enough nic. - for now. I usually have a break of about 3 hours before I start again. Each session lasts about the length of time it would take to smoke 2 cigs then a gap of about 30 mins. with my morning session this has little changed in the 4 years I have vaped - I really still need the Nic. still vape 18mg - the big difference for me is the fact that I love vaping and hated smoking.
20-06-2018 08:39 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Fatboy (06-20-2018), TinWhisker (06-20-2018)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,236
Reading this thread didn't get me thinking "When do you stop" but more like "Why didn't I start sooner". Like many of us I started vaping in order to quit smoking and that goal was met on the very first inhale of an ecig. Since then I haven't looked back in fact its taken me on a whole new journey in life. I'm now doing things I wouldn't have even considered doing like riding a bicycle over long distances. Its now a hobby one I enjoy and long may it last.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
21-06-2018 04:09 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
Fatboy (06-21-2018), TinWhisker (06-21-2018)
Squiffler Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 0
At home/leisure time, I don't know when to stop vaping.  If it's in my hand I'll puffle away on it - a couple or 3 puffs then stop for a minute, and repeat.  If I put it down my hands have to be doing something else.  If I put it down and my hands are doing something else my mouth gets bored so in goes a boiled sweet.  Boiled sweet finished? I'll have another couple of puffles of vape.  If I still smoked I'd have had a cig and been done with it for an hour or so.  

Yet at work, I can't vape at my desk.  I can go a good couple of hours without vaping and not even realise.  I'd have been out having a cig break every 45 mins.
22-06-2018 09:10 PM