Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When do you stop?!
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: When do you stop?!
(09-04-2015 02:41 PM)randm Wrote:  I have trouble with chain vaping as well. I can vape 5ml in half a day.
The concern with spending as much vaping as smoking is a real one.
However, like Michael, the above poster said, the end result is a happier one.

This is when you start making your own juices! Wink
09-04-2015 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
Michael (04-10-2015)
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
First off, if you're making a single 1100mah battery last all day, then you're doing REALLY well.  When I first started vaping I was draining TWO Aspire 1600mah CF-VV batteries everyday.  Now that I'm using digital and unregulated custom mods I'm way worse.

Second, you cannot compare smoking to vaping beyond the nicotine simply because they're completely different animals.  You're going to vape more than you ever smoked, simply because you can.  Juice is cheaper than analogs and you can vape in more places than you can smoke.  It's more versatile so you're going to use it more.

Lastly, if you're filling your tank daily...that's about average for people who are starting out.  2-2.5ml a day is generally the norm for beginners.  If you get into the hobby side of vaping it'll go WAY up.  Currently I'm vaping about 40ml a day at 6mg nic.
10-04-2015 05:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nihilum's post:
Michael (04-10-2015)
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
You know I've been having this problem also. If I'm busy doing something I wont vape. Other than that I just cant stop lol If I'm on the internet All I do is vape. Granted I'm using 3mg nic. Driving I had to resort to a pocketful of werthers candy to stop me some Or I keep vaping until I get dizzy or my windows are all hazed up. But beats the alternative and the wooden box I'd be laying in lmao
10-04-2015 11:21 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Breazy_Com's post:
JohnnyMac (04-10-2015), Michael (04-10-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,301
@ Nihilum - that was a year ago, lol.  I'm well over 20 ml a day now and killing a 4400 MaH iStick 50 by bedtime.  :-)

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
10-04-2015 11:42 PM
Nihilum Offline

@Almost Jaded - Nice!  I actually tried to drain my triple 26650 parallel box in a day...couldn't do it.  I work in a vape shop and Michael has seen this thing in action...it will not die.  Total of 13500mah is too damn much to drain.  Generally takes me a couple of days to get it down.

Though, I just got a new custom unregulated 26650 series box today and Im sure I'll be killing it in less than a day.
11-04-2015 05:04 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nihilum's post:
Michael (04-11-2015)
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,414
Yeah, that box is a freakin' BEAST. The Triple is gargantuan, it's like turning on a fog machine, but yummier. 
11-04-2015 05:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
(10-04-2015 05:44 AM)Nihilum Wrote:  First off, if you're making a single 1100mah battery last all day, then you're doing REALLY well.  When I first started vaping I was draining TWO Aspire 1600mah CF-VV batteries everyday.  Now that I'm using digital and unregulated custom mods I'm way worse.

Second, you cannot compare smoking to vaping beyond the nicotine simply because they're completely different animals.  You're going to vape more than you ever smoked, simply because you can.  Juice is cheaper than analogs and you can vape in more places than you can smoke.  It's more versatile so you're going to use it more.

Lastly, if you're filling your tank daily...that's about average for people who are starting out.  2-2.5ml a day is generally the norm for beginners.  If you get into the hobby side of vaping it'll go WAY up.  Currently I'm vaping about 40ml a day at 6mg nic.

I'm going through 4 or 5 5ml tanks a day at 3mg nic reading your doing 40ml a day at 6mg makes me feel better. Kind of like drinking to much and knowing it but looking at the guy laid out and saying I'm not that bad lol
16-04-2015 08:29 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Breazy_Com's post:
Almost Jaded (04-17-2015), BOB (04-17-2015), Michael (04-16-2015), randm (04-17-2015)
SheDB Offline

(06-04-2015 10:52 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  Wow - got tons of replies after I got busy and forgot I had started this, LOL.

I just reduced my nic, screw limiting my use, LOL.  Downside - I go through so much juice now, I'm spending almost as much as when I smoked...  :-O

I find that many of the longer term Vape crowd tend to gravitate towards DIY  Juice. Making your own. If you google search DIY Juice you will find many a great group showing tons of recipes and some of the best recipes you buy.
I think it works out roughly to about $2.75 when you DIY 30ml whereas if i were to buy that in a store where I live, it would be anwyhere between $20-$35 for 30 m (retail)

Secondly, look around.
Here in Canada we have a long time Vaper in the community that started selling his juice 4-5 years ago and is known for some of the best juice.
Again a retail 30ml btl might range between $20-$35 Canadian for a 30ml bottle of juice but I buy in bulk from this person every month.
For example, you have to have a minimum 150ml order but that is only about $40 and shipping, but shipping an be about $20 from half way across the country, so in my case, as there are 2 of us, I pay $99 for 500ml and we have about 4-5 flavours we like to buy at all times from this person.

At that price its not only affordable but you dont feel as if you are being ripped off    Smile

Wherever you are, hunt around or get into DIY.

EDIT:

I know one DIY guy and he told me he has it down to $0.25 per day    I dont know how much he vapes but I am assuming he has a somewhat healthy habit but at $0.25 a day, anyone can afford that.

Quote: I'm going through 4 or 5 5ml tanks a day at 3mg nic reading your doing 40ml a day at 6mg makes me feel better. Kind of like drinking to much and knowing it but looking at the guy laid out and saying I'm not that bad lol

I have 2 Delta ll tanks and they really drink juice as I Vape at 30w on those but you cant help but fill them 2/3 x daily, yet I also have 2 Kangor Sub Mini tanks that have larger tanks and on those I only Vape at 17w but each tank can last me 2 days. SO its all rather subjective or at least, it can depend on ur hardware and some will naturally drink more than others.   Smile
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 04:37 AM by SheDB.)
23-04-2015 04:29 AM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,301
Yeah, I've started looking into making my own juice.  I'm averaging 20-22 watts and I'm refilling my SubTank Mini 4-5 times a day, lol.  I'm paying $70 for 120 ml, and that's barely lasting a week.  I'd just as soon buy from someone like the guy you mentioned, but all these flavors have weird names and without trying them first, I have no idea what I'd like.  I have a favorite mix from a local shop and I'm sad about trying to find a new all-day flavor, since I have no idea how to even BEGIN to duplicate the one I've been using.  :-(

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
23-04-2015 07:01 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
I love this question! It is strange how, despite the apparent similarity in habits, the tendencies between smoking and vaping differ greatly; I think vaping is almost more like chewing gum than smoking traditional cigarettes. I carry mine in my pocket and rip it whenever I want the flavor; usually 1-2 puffs does me good in one instance, but that’s not to say I won’t have 3-4 instances in an hour! When I smoked cigs, I NEVER smoked like that, one every couple of hours MAYBE; I was under a pack a day. Then there are times (particularly at the bars with friends) when I do vape more like I smoked and will go outside with friends and rip it 15 times in a sitting and not again for a couple of hours.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
23-04-2015 08:52 PM