Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favorite coil?
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,918
RE: What's your favorite coil?
For me the 1.8ohm coil for the Nautilus or Nautilus mini is the best I have found so far. My issue is the lifespan of the coils. Aspire tell you that at 500 puffs a day the Nautilus coils should last about 2 weeks. I never go over about 350 puffs a day but the coils never last more than 10 days before the flavour drops off. The manufacturers have no real interest in developing coils - there is no money in it for them all they want is for people to buy their tanks and mods which are coming thick and fast. As an example only last week I had been asking questions of the good people on this forum about sub ohming tanks and decent mods to run them - I had nearly made up my mind as to what to buy when all of a sudden I hear Aspire are bringing out the Triton tank and Eleaf are bringing out a 100W mod so I am holding off until I find out more about these. The coils are the most important part of vaping all you need from a tank is a decent airflow and no leaks and all you want from a mod is reliability and reasonable power. I feel that coils are the poor relation in all this and that will never change - where there is little profit to be made there is little interest.
20-07-2015 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
RE: What's your favorite coil?
I have a standard coil that I use on all my atties. Picked it up from Ripp Trippers. It's a macro coil. Using a 3mm rod, 5 wraps of 22 gauge Kanthal. Just about .17 ohms every time. Great clouds and flavor.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
21-07-2015 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply