Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the highest nicotine level you vaped and what it felt like
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,618
RE: What's the highest nicotine level you vaped and what it felt like
I know when the nic is too high for me because it doesnt go down, kinda gets caught by my throat in the way your first ever cigar does. Coughing with tears like I've been pepper sprayed is usually the result Negative

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
01-09-2016 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
TinWhisker (05-15-2017)
paulS Online
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,264
Back in the day when devices were powerful at 20 watts I vaped 12-18mg. Then when the sub ohms came out and I started dripping I was back to 6 then 3 and now around 1.5-2. The other day though I bought a juice that was presumably 3 mg to drip on my mod set at 100 watts. It was a twelve. My head spun. I got a nic rush that knocked me over and my throat felt like I'd been chain smoking at a party all night. I was pissed - and I told the guy who sold it to me I was pissed. I know guys who regularly drip 6 mg even after years of vaping. I can't anymore.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
01-09-2016 01:19 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
Fatboy (09-01-2016), TinWhisker (05-15-2017)
Zappz Offline

Likes Given: 23
(31-08-2016 08:29 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I started on 24 with the cigalikes, dropped to 18 pretty quick with a pen vape.  Down to 12 before I graduated to anything higher.  Brief stop at 6 when I got into mild subohming, now I'm comfortable at a 3 even with very high powered vaping.

I briefly worked at a smoke/vape shop; one of the guys handed me a new build and said "hey, try this new flavor I mixed".  I should've guessed what was coming; these guys loved to dick around.  A massive quad coil build at well over 150 watts - delicious flavor.  Took 3 BIG pulls before it hit me.  12mg juice at 150+ watts, 3 very hard pulls.  Damn near put me down, I had to catch myself on the counter, lol.
You're lucky it wasn't the fools that run a vape shop in my area. They like to drip something called "crab juice" on a build and have some unsuspecting person try it. The stuff basically smells like tuna fish and I can't imagine how bad it must taste, however, judging from the reactions of a few people that I saw that were suckered in to hitting it...it must be really BAD!
01-09-2016 05:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zappz's post:
Michael (09-01-2016)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
I drip 3mg (usually around 100W), use 3mg or 6mg in high-power tanks (Arctic, Aromamizer, etc around 70W), and use anywhere from 12mg to 24mg in MTL tanks (Nautilus Mini, Lemo 2 around 6-10W). I also use a Juul, which is a cigalike that actually works really well, and it uses 50mg since it's much smaller puffs. I mix my own juice for all of these, including the Juul. 

In my idiocy, I sometimes forget to label my bottles. And since I often mix similar flavors, they often look and smell similar enough that I can't tell which one is which. Nowadays, now that I'm older and wiser, I almost always remember to label everything, but for a while I didn't label anything. 

There have been a few accidents... But the worst was when I accidentally dripped a juice intended for MTL. I was using fused Claptons at around 100W, which normally warrants 3mg juice with a 80VG/20PG ratio. What I picked up was 24mg at a 30VG/70PG ratio. To top it all off, I normally vape very sweet flavors at high wattage (Custard, Caramel, etc), but in MTL tanks I really like menthol and fruit. So I pick up an icy menthol berry flavor, and I had a cold so I couldn't smell it, and totally drenched my wick (I tend to overdrip). 

One long, deep lung hit later, my throat was on fire from the combination of high PG, harsh menthol, and insanely high nicotine. A few seconds later, the nicotine rush hit me: instant headache, dizziness, and my lungs trying to escape through my throat. I thought I was gonna puke. 

tl;dr - be sure to label the juice you mix. And for the love of God, don't vape high PG high nic juice at 94W higher than it should be. 
01-09-2016 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
gentlydoingit* (09-01-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
(01-09-2016 05:17 PM)Zappz Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 08:29 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  
You're lucky it wasn't the fools that run a vape shop in my area. They like to drip something called "crab juice" on a build and have some unsuspecting person try it. The stuff basically smells like tuna fish and I can't imagine how bad it must taste, however, judging from the reactions of a few people that I saw that were suckered in to hitting it...it must be really BAD!

Okay so the challenge is now on - swamp donkey ass e-juice! Smile
01-09-2016 08:18 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
I found a bottle of a really nice juicy peach I had purchased when I started vaping 6 months ago - was 12 mg...recall that I had used it once and put it away because it was too harsh, a few weeks ago I didn't realize it was "that" bottle and was happy to find a bottle that I had been put aside for steeping purposes...(who doesn't appreciate a good 6 months steeped juicy peach?????) - needless to say not thinking twice I loaded up my TFV8, pulled hard and for about 30 seconds met 10 generations of fatboys! (could have been the hallucinations) but I think they were all laughing at my dumb ass! Smile
01-09-2016 08:27 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,953
The ugly 12mg I hit was blue kool-aid. I was already on the fence about the real blue kool-aid, and this ensured I will never drink it again. (The juice and the real thing).
01-09-2016 08:34 PM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
(01-09-2016 05:17 PM)Zappz Wrote:  You're lucky it wasn't the fools that run a vape shop in my area. They like to drip something called "crab juice" on a build and have some unsuspecting person try it. The stuff basically smells like tuna fish and I can't imagine how bad it must taste, however, judging from the reactions of a few people that I saw that were suckered in to hitting it...it must be really BAD!

This is hysterical.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDw9Q5StSo
01-09-2016 08:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
Michael (09-02-2016)
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 4,572
i inadvertantly driped a 18mg clove that is nomaly reserved for my 1.8 ohm tank into my rda . not sure wich was the most brutal part the 18mg , 70%pg or the clove but at 65w it kicked my skinny ass like a gorilla wooping a puppy.

Dogs have owners , Cats have staff .
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 01:02 AM by Chuck-Drl.)
02-09-2016 01:01 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
TinWhisker (05-15-2017)