What's bad about high watt vaping?
Ripnhl2005 Offline
When is this being released?
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 554
RE: What's bad about high watt vaping?
(12-01-2017 03:28 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 01:54 PM)Ripnhl2005 Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 01:48 AM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  My claptons are normally A1 22/34 6 wrap on 3.5mm, although I just moved and can't find my rda or wire so my old crapped up Q4 for my TFV8 is all I'm using and I've been using that at 150w for about 2 months, I should probably clean it but I'm still a bit skeptical about boiling it. It's not burnt at all, I've only dry hit it like twice for like half a second lol any thoughts on boiling them or ways to clean them for better flavor? I need to wait a week or two to pay bills till I can get more coil, friggin $20 for a pack of 3 coils is retarded for the tank. 

Check out vapordna....They have smok coils in 4 and 5 packs for less than $20 I believe. And their customer service is top notch...Theyve not only replaced bad items for me but when I;ve gotten a bad coil they sent me free packs to make up for it. Good
Vapordna is a bunch of back stabbing 2 faced crooks. Don't do business with those thieving assholes!

hmm..I never had a problem with them. I guess you did
12-01-2017 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,202
(12-01-2017 03:20 PM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  I meant advanced as in people who have gotten into making and building Clapton, aliens, staples, etc. Those are the build I normally see people vaping at a high wattage. 

It's all about semantics, I guess. Someone who has learned how to make such a coil isn't necessarily an advanced vaper. I know a guy who decided to jump into 'advanced' coil building right away without the full understanding of how all the equipment works together. Nothing bad has happened yet, that I know of anyway. But the guy isn't what I would call an advanced vaper. And while nothing bad has gone wrong yet, it certainly doesn't mean nothing ever will.

To me, an advanced vaper is someone who not only has been vaping for a while, but who has also taken the time to learn a lot about all aspects of the hobby. Being able to DIY juice and coils doesn't alone qualify anyone. 'Advanced' vapers are all highly safety conscious, without exception. I would not consider anyone who is lax about safety an advanced vaper, ever. (I'm not implying you are not safe, by the way. Safety is simply so paramount to high wattage vaping that is must be the top priority above all else).

I think the point of all this really is that if you want to vape at power levels that approach the safety limits of the gear, you should obligate yourself to thoroughly understand all aspects involved; safety being the number one concern. One may get away with a build that pushes the limits of safety for a while, but it only takes one wrong draw to make a headline. None of us here are comfortable advocating vaping at the high end of hardware capability.
12-01-2017 03:36 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like TinWhisker's post:
bibliora (01-13-2017), BOB (01-12-2017), Don29palms (01-12-2017), ecignut (01-12-2017), Fatboy (01-12-2017), Michael (01-12-2017), Robjenko (01-12-2017), xiTzCriZx (01-12-2017)
xiTzCriZx Offline

Likes Given: 20
(12-01-2017 01:54 PM)Ripnhl2005 Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 01:48 AM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  My claptons are normally A1 22/34 6 wrap on 3.5mm, although I just moved and can't find my rda or wire so my old crapped up Q4 for my TFV8 is all I'm using and I've been using that at 150w for about 2 months, I should probably clean it but I'm still a bit skeptical about boiling it. It's not burnt at all, I've only dry hit it like twice for like half a second lol any thoughts on boiling them or ways to clean them for better flavor? I need to wait a week or two to pay bills till I can get more coil, friggin $20 for a pack of 3 coils is retarded for the tank. 

Check out vapordna....They have smok coils in 4 and 5 packs for less than $20 I believe. 
I normally use vapenw, vapordna has a pack of 3 T10's for $23 and vapenw has them for $18. I used to use vapordna, but almost everything is cheaper at vapenw, I got all my mods and tanks from there and they're not knock offs or anything, authentic and cheap, like my....  Nevermind lol
12-01-2017 09:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes xiTzCriZx's post:
Ripnhl2005 (01-12-2017)
xiTzCriZx Offline

TinWhisker I think you put that perfectly, before I jump into any build I've never done before I always use an ohm reader and calculator and do research on them. I just saw a mod on vapordna, the SMOK G320, and based off of what I've learned about the batteries, it seems SMOK isn't very concerned about safety. The mod goes to 220w in 2 cell mode and 320w in 3 cell mode, and those are the only two modes, and vapordna is selling that as a starter kit with the big baby beast, so I think we might be seeing some people blow themselves up soon with mods like that... 
12-01-2017 09:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes xiTzCriZx's post:
TinWhisker (01-12-2017)
xiTzCriZx Offline

(12-01-2017 10:32 AM)Michael Wrote:  Just my two cents worth.

Most people don't vape over 100W, like ecignut said. There's nothing wrong with going that high, provided you're doing it safely, using good 18650s or a LiPo mod and staying within the amp limits. The downsides of course are using up a lot of juice very quickly, potentially burning out coils or cotton quickly,
I get my juice from Vapes.com, which is $10 for a 100ml, so juice isn't much of a concern for me, which is why I normally vape at such high wattage, if i get low i switch to my triton 2 and turn it down to like 40 watts, however I've never really had issues with coils not lasting very long, the only reason i stopped using my T8 is cause I accidentally burnt the coils from dry hitting, but this Q4 has lasted a long time for a pre-built coil, this is actually the one I got with the tank back in October, but I have seen some tanks where the coils will only last a few weeks. Do you or anyone else know about cleaning pre-built coils? I'm deciding on going out to get vodka to soak it in, or just using vinegar,  and then boiling it after whichever I do of course. I've also heard of rubbing alcohol, but putting that in my coil doesn't sit well with me, is the boiling as in getting a pot of water to a rolling boil and dropping the coil in, or boil and put it in a mug and let it sit for while? I was gonna make a new post for it, but I don't think that's necessary lol
12-01-2017 09:51 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I'm sure nearly everyone will agree with me when I say, cleaning factory-made coils isn't worth it. You might get an extra three or four days out of a coil, max. There's no good way to clean them, honestly just rinsing them out with water works just as well as anything else, and they're really not made to be cleaned and reused. Usually the cotton is what goes bad in factory coils, and cleaning the cotton really doesn't help much at all, and it's nearly impossible to clean the actual coils so even if the cotton gets perfectly clean the coils are still dirty which will get the cotton gunked up pretty fast. 
12-01-2017 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
ecignut (01-12-2017)
Ripnhl2005 Offline
FreeCycle

(12-01-2017 09:51 PM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 10:32 AM)Michael Wrote:  Just my two cents worth.

Most people don't vape over 100W, like ecignut said. There's nothing wrong with going that high, provided you're doing it safely, using good 18650s or a LiPo mod and staying within the amp limits. The downsides of course are using up a lot of juice very quickly, potentially burning out coils or cotton quickly,
I get my juice from Vapes.com, which is $10 for a 100ml, so juice isn't much of a concern for me, which is why I normally vape at such high wattage, if i get low i switch to my triton 2 and turn it down to like 40 watts, however I've never really had issues with coils not lasting very long, the only reason i stopped using my T8 is cause I accidentally burnt the coils from dry hitting, but this Q4 has lasted a long time for a pre-built coil, this is actually the one I got with the tank back in October, but I have seen some tanks where the coils will only last a few weeks. Do you or anyone else know about cleaning pre-built coils? I'm deciding on going out to get vodka to soak it in, or just using vinegar,  and then boiling it after whichever I do of course. I've also heard of rubbing alcohol, but putting that in my coil doesn't sit well with me, is the boiling as in getting a pot of water to a rolling boil and dropping the coil in, or boil and put it in a mug and let it sit for while? I was gonna make a new post for it, but I don't think that's necessary lol

I looked into this before and out of the few videos and posts I read about it, everclear is recommended over vodka because it is a purer alcohol.
DEFINITLY no rubbing alcohol.....You end up inhaling that stuff, it ain't gonna be good!

But like Michael said...the work you're going to do to try to clean a factory built coil is at most going to get you a few days use again. Not worth it IMHO. Which is why I have a RDTA on order and will likely hook my wife up with the same thing once I get the hang of mine.
12-01-2017 10:17 PM
xiTzCriZx Offline

It's not that the coil doesn't work, but it's all gunked up and i can't buy coils for another week or two, so I was just gonna clean it and hope the taste improves a bit. I'd rather use a coil that is going bad than smoke cigarettes again. 
12-01-2017 10:20 PM
Ripnhl2005 Offline
FreeCycle

(12-01-2017 10:20 PM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  It's not that the coil doesn't work, but it's all gunked up and i can't buy coils for another week or two, so I was just gonna clean it and hope the taste improves a bit. I'd rather use a coil that is going bad than smoke cigarettes again. 

Go ahead and give it s shot but after soaking in hot water and a shot of everclear, you have to blow the water out of the coil then let it sit for a few days to dry out, or if it still has water in it and you vape it, it WILL taste like crap!

I wonder how much sweetener is in the $10\100ML cheap juice from vapes.com which could be the reason the coils are getting gunked up so quickly....
12-01-2017 10:24 PM
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
(12-01-2017 10:20 PM)xiTzCriZx Wrote:  It's not that the coil doesn't work, but it's all gunked up and i can't buy coils for another week or two, so I was just gonna clean it and hope the taste improves a bit. I'd rather use a coil that is going bad than smoke cigarettes again. 
If you can get a pack of cigarettes you can get a new coil. Probably cheaper for a coil
12-01-2017 10:38 PM