Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What mod to start with
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: What mod to start with
You've got most of the mods here, trust me, none of us like or tolerate over moderation.  As I say, think of it as a bar with friends and you wont go far wrong
30-01-2014 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Yep mellow bunch around this place. 

Oh and of course you are correct about the hunting. Brain fart. I forget about varmints. I'm in Northern Michigan. It's pretty much deer, bear, small game that kind of thing. Not that we don't have plenty of coyotes. I hear them almost nightly and once in a while spot one but they are pretty elusive. They even had a wolf hunt this year. First time for that in my lifetime.
31-01-2014 06:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,067
Every few years there is talk of reintroducing wolves to Scotland. The last one was most likely killed in 1680.

Oddly enough, the sheep farmers don't like the idea one little bit. Neither do the people running deer hunting. 

Which costs silly money here, (Think new car and not a cheap one) it is strictly only for the rich. But we get a lot of Europeans who can't pass their local marksmanship tests (In Germany when a friend of mine was soldiering there, only one of the regimental sniper team could meet the German hunting requirements)

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
31-01-2014 08:46 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Wow, opening day of deer hunting is a holiday in Michigan at least were I live. The kids get the day off of school and everything. Every single kid in our school graduates from hunter's safety class so they can get a license. I shot my first doe with a bow at 12 and my first buck with a shotgun at 14. Kids start much younger than that now. Crossbow hunting is now legal for all bowhunters and lots of kids use them at very young ages. A friend of mine is the PE teacher and teaches hunter's safety, his eight year old shot his first deer this year. 

We get a lot of "flatlanders" up here. They are people who live "downstate" they come up in droves during firearm deer season and many can't shoot worth a snot. Out of state deer tags are more money but still affordable. Bear and Elk are a lottery. You pay to put in for your tag whether you get a tag or not. It's affordable but you don't always get a tag. I have only gotten one tag for a bear and none for Elk. Part of that is the "Tree huggers". They buy up tags to throw them away and think they are saving the poor things. Then they overpopulate and winters like this kill them off by the dozens. The last year that was this cold I went out and found piles of dead deer. The bears would gather them up and pile them under brush. Venison Pops I guess. 

I take it they set the test up to be impossible so that only the elite can get a permit? 

We have so many hunters here it's unreal. They said that on opening day of firearm deer season that there are more hunters int he woods than there are members of the Army and that is just in Michigan. Although the number of hunters is way down. I think this year we only had something like 600,000. (They said 640,000 in the article I just pulled up) For me now it's more about going to camp and hanging out, BS'ing. Playing cards (Euchre mostly) and strumming my guitar. I have a camp that I built and one up in the UP that my Dad built. 

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/novemb...-michigan/
31-01-2014 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,067
(31-01-2014 02:22 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  I take it they set the test up to be impossible so that only the elite can get a permit? 
The Green Party has a lot of power in Germany.

They'd call it humane killing.

It's all about cleanly killing a deer with one shot. At way longer range than any hunter would. This was nearly thirty years ago so my memory might well be wrong but it comes to mind that it was cleanly killing a moving deer at 1000 metres.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
31-01-2014 06:00 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(30-01-2014 03:54 AM)bdemutis Wrote:  I was wondering what mod to start out with. Right know I'm using a etwist and kanger evod tank. I want to start with a cheap but good mod I was looking at the vamo but I don't know what tank to put on it I want a tank with a rebuild-able atomizer. Batteries for the mod are no problem I varmit hunt at night so I have allot of the 18650 batteries that are rechargeable. What is another good mod to start with a cheap rebuild-able atomizer that will fit. I would appreciate any input.
Have you found any good ideas yet? I'm relatively new to this and Im NOT a dripper, I'm definitly a tank guy. I have 2 EVODs now, neither of which is VV. If you could help me understand the utility in VV I need to know. Currently Im using EVOD tanks with 2.2 Ohm coils.
I have no clue about what batteries to get or where to get a mod that I wont have to break the bank for.
I do understand that you get what you pay for tho. Id like to find something that you can replace the batteries in, rather than replacing the battery, switch, and all. (I guess you can tell Im ready for the FDA to get really stupid about this)
If you know about rebuildable atomizers youd be a big help there too. I do have a technical background, so Im not totally in the dark there.
ANY help would be very much appreciated.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
13-05-2014 11:57 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
GR, there are SO many possibilities out there.  For an easy to rebuild tank style atty go with a Squape or Taifun.  Building your own coils is easy and fun and the difference from your current setup will blow you away.

For mods go with something with good reviews.  I've been drooling over the new mods being sold right now at VaporTek and the prices, while not Fasttech or FocalEcig cheap, are really good and they are located in the States so shipping is quick.  Before we can recommend a good mechanical mod for you we need to know what size cells you wish to use.  18350, 18500, or 18650?  A good telescoping mod would accommodate any battery you use but there are many tube mods that have extensions that can be added or removed to accommodate the same cell variety.
16-05-2014 01:23 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
GR, since you are a tank guy I would recommend going with a Squape or a Taifun.  Building coils is easy, fun, and rewarding.

For a mechanical mod there are two types: telescoping and fixed tube.  Telescoping work well and will accommodate any size cell you want to use: 18350, 18500, or 18650.  Fixed tube mods are the best performing and are available for any battery type.  Many come with extension tubes that allow you to add or subtract length to fit any battery.

The Magneto mod you PM'd me about is a nice mod if the version you linked to is of good quality.  Hard to tell from the limited pics but it looks ok from what I can see.  Fasttech has the largest selection anywhere and some of the best prices on most of them.  They also have an avid community that posts honest reviews and opinions on all the vaping products.  If you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for your stuff it's a great place to start looking.  If you want to get something quick from a place in the states I'd recommend  vaportek.  Here is a link to their mod page.  They have some fantastic stuff!  Prices are a bit more but still very inexpensive considering they have the latest and best clones you can get anywhere plus shipping is quick.

http://www.vaportekusa.com/mechanical-mods/

Once you have some more ideas feel free to bounce them off of us if you want some extra opinions. Wink

Johnny
16-05-2014 01:40 AM