What mod to start with
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
RE: What mod to start with
(30-01-2014 09:45 AM)Don Wrote:  Beat me to it Martin. Smile

And I've never hunted.
 Smile I've hunted but never actually shot anything.. I either missed or couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger Tongue
30-01-2014 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
There are quite a few of us on here that are flashlight geeks.  I found this site through Budget Light Forums (BLF).  Many members here have a lot of lights.  JohnnyMac is a review master on flashlights and vaping products.  We all have many lights with tons of lumens and throw ability.  I have multiple hunting lights and have assembled many for friends. 

Hope you enjoy it here.  TVF and BLF have saved me lots of money on these two hobbies, but in the long run it costs more.  lol Big Grin

Good
30-01-2014 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bdemutis Offline

Likes Given: 0
(30-01-2014 06:56 AM)Spasmod Wrote:  Hi buddy and welcome to TVF! hmm I used to hunt myself and the last thing you want is something that lights up when you vape no matter how dim... what seems like a tiny amount of light to a human eye is like a flashlight for many animals.

What sort of budget are you toying with ? I say that because around $150 you can pick up a bulletproof box mod with the DNA chip in there.

The beauty of the DNA chip is aside from many other feature, you're capable of running it in stealth-mode which completely turns off the display which is very handy when hunting.

As far as rebuild-able... for it's use in the hunting scenario you really can't go wrong with 18sixfifty's suggestion IMO
No need to go stealth hunting season just ended plus I'm always up in a tree stand. Well budget wise I was looking to spend around 50 or so when I was looking at the vamo then I found them cheaper. I don't know any trusted sites though I seen vaporbreak but that seems sketchy.

(30-01-2014 08:52 AM)gords1001 Wrote:  Yes a fogger is rebuildable.  In light of using it for hunting,  an all steel kayfun clone would be less fragile. 

One thing though. I know your a lot further away from your quarry than I would be (I use 12ftlb air rifles 25yards is about your limit) but I would think that the odour from vaping would be a much bigger give away than the display.
I archery hunt with my Hoyt compound bow and I'm usually in a tree stand but I never have problems with smell really I usually dip out of my tree stand so I'm not really worried about light or smell just something rugged.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 04:26 PM by bdemutis.)
30-01-2014 04:21 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I have a couple flashlights myself. I also hunt. No lights for hunting in the US just tracking. The neutral tints are nice to make the blood trail pop out. I also bow hunt and vape while I do it. I used to smoke in the blind and did notice that if deer caught a wiff of it they would sometimes bolt sometimes they just stopped around a bit and then were fine. I haven't had a problem with vapor and hunting but just in case I vape an apple mix. I have seen several deer raise their nose and walk right in and I'm pretty sure they could smell the vapor. 

Maybe there is a Rabbit flavored juice someplace for hunting fox and yotes?  I happen to keep rabbits so I could mix you some up. Anyone up for some rabbit blood special? Biggrin

Not from this guy. This is Boo boo. He broke his leg and I had to splint it for him so he ended up being a pet and the father of many a good meal. He's an English Spot mix I believe. 
[Image: IMG_4263_zps3b355925.jpg]
30-01-2014 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bdemutis Offline

(30-01-2014 04:41 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  I have a couple flashlights myself. I also hunt. No lights for hunting in the US just tracking. The neutral tints are nice to make the blood trail pop out. I also bow hunt and vape while I do it. I used to smoke in the blind and did notice that if deer caught a wiff of it they would sometimes bolt sometimes they just stopped around a bit and then were fine. I haven't had a problem with vapor and hunting but just in case I vape an apple mix. I have seen several deer raise their nose and walk right in and I'm pretty sure they could smell the vapor. 

Maybe there is a Rabbit flavored juice someplace for hunting fox and yotes?  I happen to keep rabbits so I could mix you some up. Anyone up for some rabbit blood special? Biggrin

Not from this guy. This is Boo boo. He broke his leg and I had to splint it for him so he ended up being a pet and the father of many a good meal. He's an English Spot mix I believe. 
You can use lights to hunt in the US only for varmint hunting at night look up FoxPro hunting or furtakers on youtube allot of guys hunt at night for varmint like coons fox and yote those are the only things you can hunt at night. I love how my thread blew up into a hunting thread lol.
30-01-2014 09:23 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
Threads do tend to wander off round me. Smile

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
30-01-2014 09:37 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
We're all guilty of dragging threads off track....you were real lucky it stayed on tune for so longBiggrin however,  if we have not been entirly helpful, do say so and we'll try to sort ourselves out.

Otherwise,  feel free to pull up a chair and chat on, its all good and you'll certainly not get one of us bitching to keep a thread on topic,  we're way too used to treating the forum like a long range pub and waffling to our hearts contentDrinks
30-01-2014 09:44 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
(30-01-2014 09:44 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  We're all guilty of dragging threads off track....you were real lucky it stayed on tune for so longBiggrin however,  if we have not been entirly helpful, do say so and we'll try to sort ourselves out.

Otherwise,  feel free to pull up a chair and chat on, its all good and you'll certainly not get one of us bitching to keep a thread on topic,  we're way too used to treating the forum like a long range pub and waffling to our hearts contentDrinks
Hang3Hang3Party

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
30-01-2014 09:46 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
(30-01-2014 09:46 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  We're all guilty of dragging threads off track....you were real lucky it stayed on tune for so longBiggrin however,  if we have not been entirly helpful, do say so and we'll try to sort ourselves out. Otherwise,  feel free to pull up a chair and chat on, its all good and you'll certainly not get one of us bitching to keep a thread on topic,  we're way too used to treating the forum like a long range pub and waffling to our hearts contentDrinks

+1 Good
30-01-2014 10:28 PM
bdemutis Offline

(30-01-2014 09:44 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  We're all guilty of dragging threads off track....you were real lucky it stayed on tune for so longBiggrin however,  if we have not been entirly helpful, do say so and we'll try to sort ourselves out.

Ok I was just making sure I know on some forums as soon as the threads start getting off topic the mods get mad. But nice to know. Smile
30-01-2014 11:08 PM