Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best mod for you?
irisr Offline

Likes Given: 2
What is the best mod for you?
Hey guys I'm Iris from the Philippines. I'm new here. Any suggestion for the best mod on the market? 

Thanks Sarcastic_handSarcastic_handSarcastic_handSarcastic_hand

Any suggestions guys?
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 05:17 PM by irisr.)
11-12-2015 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: What is the best mod for you?
I get asked this about guns, cars, audio equipment, and everything else people know I"m knowledgeable about, lol.  The answer is always the same.

The one you'll use.

Have you ever vaped before?  Are you a smoker?  If so, how much do you smoke and what kinds?  Do you smoke weed?  If so, do you use joints or a water pipe or a glass pipe?  Do you enjoy hookah?  Do you like building and fiddling with things, or do you prefer plug & play type products?  What's your budget?

All of these tings and more, will help us determine of you're likely to prefer "MtL" (mouth to lung") inhaling or full lung hits; if you'll be into bigger fuller clouds or less volume at high flavor and nicotine conentrations; if you're prefer a simple tank with disposable coils or a rebuildable setup - and so on. 

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
11-12-2015 05:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
irisr (12-11-2015), TinWhisker (12-11-2015)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
If you are from the Phillipines you have access to some of the best made mods in the world. The kamagong wood phillipine mods are highly prized but all of theior mods are suberb. I own three mech mods and four atomizers made in the Phillipines. They do make regualted mods too. I have seen DNA40 wood mods that are gorgeous and so well made from there. So if you want the best mod you have some there that we cannot even get here. I have a few phillipino mates that are going to bring me back more gear on their next trip. I look forward to it.

As a beginner i would stick with a regulated mod. Don't be too cheap. You will only end up upgrading very quickly. There are numerous vape stores in the phillipines. Go into a few, ask questions and see what intwerests you. Buy something decent even if it costs a bit more as you will keep it longer and in the long run it will save you money.

Happy vaping.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
12-12-2015 04:10 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
irisr (12-14-2015)
irisr Offline

Likes Given: 2
(12-12-2015 04:10 AM)paulS Wrote:  If you are from the Phillipines you have access to some of the best made mods in the world. The kamagong wood phillipine mods are highly prized but all of theior mods are suberb. I own three mech mods and four atomizers made in the Phillipines. They do make regualted mods too. I have seen DNA40 wood mods that are gorgeous and so well made from there. So if you want the best mod you have some there that we cannot even get here. I have a few phillipino mates that are going to bring me back more gear on their next trip. I look forward to it.

As a beginner i would stick with a regulated mod. Don't be too cheap. You will only end up upgrading very quickly. There are numerous vape stores in the phillipines. Go into a few, ask questions and see what intwerests you. Buy something decent even if it costs a bit more as you will keep it longer and in the long run it will save you money.

Happy vaping.
Thanks Paul for that. I actually know that Philippines is one of the best manufacturer of Mod . I just wanted to know more about the newest trend on mod. 
14-12-2015 02:55 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
The newest trends are temp control DNA200 with upgradeable software and RTAs. I am not a huge fan of the DNA200 - I own one. But that is because I think temp control still has a long way to go. I would as soon own a DNA 40 as that provides me with just a good a vape, conserves my batteries and costs less generally. I will list two 200 watt devices I enjoy though.

Releaux 200 
Comes in two versions. A DNA 200 and a standard 200 watt. I use the standard 200 watt on power settings. I like it. It is heavy but it is short and it has THREE batteries. I can vape it all day no problem. For me that is a huge advantage. The DNA 200 is upgradeable through escribe and the RX has its own available upgrades.

HCigar VT200 
I love this little device. Lipo batteries that last all day. Very small light device. Works great with all my RTAs. I can sick a dripper on and vape at 110 watts. The advantage oof this device it that you get an immediate response at lower wattages. Like the Releaux you can upgrade this device on line through escribe. 

Evic 75 watt 
I'm going to mention this too because again you vcan get online updates. It is a very stealthy little device. My only con is that a single battery sucks. Seriously. You cannot vape high on a single battery so why build them that way? I would buy a DNA40 small device first now if I could find the one I like.

I own a Snow Wolf. I have a number of Sigeleis. I have a bunch of older regulated mods and mech mods. These are just some of my daily rotation mods.

There have been major advances in sub ohm tanks this year. Where to begin? Every month or two anew and better tank is released. The Crown, the TFV4, the Herakles plus, the new Mutation sub ohm tank. On and on. But the new RTAs  - amazing. If you are prepared to build your own coils I'll summarize the best I have found:

OBS Crius 
This is the best all round RTA I have found. It is second best on flavor ( Bellus is amazing and Goblin mini is amazing for flavor) but it is still high up on the flavor chart. Air flowe is great. Filling is easy. The build deck and wicking is superb. I mean superb. It is so easy to build on. Looks are subjective but I also like the looks and the fact you have color choices. Nice, nice RTA. Now the newest version has the velocity deck with stacked holes. Be sure you get that one.

Bellus
This would be my favorite if the build deck was bigger and the wicking easier. The taste and fill on this are both best on the list. Airflow adjustment is fantastic ... I hget just the right amount of flavor. The drip tip ( like the OBS) is non proproetary. That means you can use any you like and it has a flat top. I happen to love the size and look of it too.

Zephyrus V2
A real improvement over the original. Top fill again. Any frip tip fits. Has coils you can purchase (although I never would). The build deck is really nioce and easy to build on. It ranks lower because the flavor is not on par with the above too but it can chuck clouds and the flavor is very good.

TFV4
Okay this is really a sub ohm tank with almost a dozen coils to choose from. It produces massive clouds. I use it as an RTA though with the single clapton deck. It is very much like the Zephyrus that way. Also top fill and an easy build. I rank it on par with the Zephyrus but it wins if you want the option of using ready made coils. It has some amazing coils. I prefer the tri coil myself but opinions vary on that. Again though i almost always use the RBA deck.

Aromamizer 
This baby would rank higher if it had top fill and a better drip tip set up. Flavor is excellent. It builds easy enough. You never get dry hits off the aromamizer. It has never leaked on me. Never. But bottom fill and a wonky drip tip and maybe third for flavor. Air flow is silly. The vape band adjustment is never on my device. Thankfully the airflow is perfect without it.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
14-12-2015 05:43 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-14-2015)
JenJen101 Offline

Likes Given: 12
I absolutely LOVE my Innokincell! It's great to be able to have one battery charging while you're using the other. The colors are amazing & I'll admit I have a small issue w/dropping it on our hard wood floors throughout the house. It's sturdy, battery life is phenomenal, not to mention its totally fabulous w/my newer version of the Atlantis. Love it!!
17-12-2015 08:33 AM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,378
Usually the last one I bought Smile

Currently using cheap Chinese 60W squonker with a Zenith atty modified for bottom feed and a handmade (not by me) DNA200 mod with an Airek dripper on top.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
17-12-2015 11:23 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
BOB (12-17-2015), ecignut (12-17-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,014
I am not into high powered  mods - my favourite at the moment is the Wismec 40W - it is well made and well thought out - it also charges standing up as the charge port is on the back not the bottom and the fire button is the whole front of the mod so you can hold and use in a lot of different ways - I like it so much that I have also bought the 40W TC version as well[Image: smile.gif]
17-12-2015 12:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
BOB (12-17-2015)
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,509
to be honest , i haven't found the rite mod for me . i currently use the kbox , it's reliable and tough as a badger but 40w isn't quite enough any more .
my next move is a 100+ wat mod to allow room for my vape experience to evolve ,but something tells me i will always be looking for more

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
17-12-2015 06:25 PM
robert2581 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Can you give me the dementions of the most poular mods and tanks
26-02-2016 12:42 AM