Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
What have you got on order ?
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: What have you got on order ?
Enough supplies to make 2 gallons of e-juice.  Will be delivered on Monday.
29-03-2015 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nihilum's post:
Michael (03-29-2015)
BioHazardCustoms Offline

Likes Given: 4
(29-03-2015 04:52 AM)Michael Wrote:  Have you checked the switch at the bottom of your tugboat mech? I had the same problem with my Panzer clone, turned out there was an o-ring missing that padded the battery to keep it from touching the switch. Replaced the o-ring and now it vapes like a champ. Funny, I also had the same problem where the positive screw fell out from time to time. Perhaps our clones were made by the same company. 

Michael,
 I haven't but I will. As it stands, I am kind of leery about even attempting to use it, due to it randomly firing on it's own, as well as being extremely light for a mech mod. My Nemesis clone is fairly heavy, even without a battery in it. This thing weighs nothing, with or without a battery. I'm going to experiment a bit and see if I can find a way to make it work better, but I have a feeling that I am going to end up writing it off as a bad purchase.
29-03-2015 09:15 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Tonight I ordered an Arctic tank with some extra coils, plus an iStick 50W, extra coils for my Subtank, and some Hangsen juice, all from Cvapor. I'm a sucker for a sale, dammit.
31-03-2015 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
BOB (03-31-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
LOL! You and me both. I ordered the Arctic and some 0.2ohm could for it last night
31-03-2015 11:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
BOB (03-31-2015), Michael (03-31-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

I don't want to jinx anything but it looks like I may also be getting a Kamry 100W mod in light rosewood color for review. I really love the looks of this one and expect it to perform very well. Hey, Mark (madecov), have you had the chance to use one yet? What do you think about them?

[Image: kamry100_03.jpg]
01-04-2015 01:49 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

(01-04-2015 01:49 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I don't want to jinx anything but it looks like I may also be getting a Kamry 100W mod in light rosewood color for review. I really love the looks of this one and expect it to perform very well.  Hey, Mark (madecov), have you had the chance to use one yet?  What do you think about them?

You know, I was just looking at those yesterday and thinking about getting one instead of the iStick 50W. I actually thought about posting on the forum asking if anyone had tried one, but I decided to get the istick just because it's cheaper and I already have two 100W or higher mods. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Kamry uses the exact same chip as the Sigelei-100W. If so, it should be just as great of a mod. 
01-04-2015 02:10 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(01-04-2015 02:10 AM)Michael Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 01:49 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I don't want to jinx anything but it looks like I may also be getting a Kamry 100W mod in light rosewood color for review. I really love the looks of this one and expect it to perform very well.  Hey, Mark (madecov), have you had the chance to use one yet?  What do you think about them?

You know, I was just looking at those yesterday and thinking about getting one instead of the iStick 50W. I actually thought about posting on the forum asking if anyone had tried one, but I decided to get the istick just because it's cheaper and I already have two 100W or higher mods. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Kamry uses the exact same chip as the Sigelei-100W. If so, it should be just as great of a mod. 

That's good to hear. The one problem I've heard and can see happening just from the pics is that the wattage adjusting ring (knurled section) is easy to move unintentionally thereby changing the set wattage to the coil. Some also say that the battery compartment latch and contact springs are delicate. Hopefully I'll be able to confirm it personally one way or the other. Another complaint is the quality of the metal used top and bottom. Some say it is a type of cast pot metal with a fake antique brass finish on it. THey say it is very brittle and kind of cheap feeling. I can see this being a possibility. I hope they are wrong.

I think the 100W is 10x better looking than that ugly 200W version (big ugly oaf of a mod). It (100W) reminds me of a VW version of the Slug which is my favorite mech mod.
01-04-2015 03:08 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
bcfos (04-04-2015), Michael (04-01-2015)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,150
For once - not a thing!

And only stalking the postwoman for one thing - a bottom-feed Zenith I ordered in February that FT have finally got around to shipping.

To be fair to FT they were waiting for the factory as was everyone else on the planet. I could have spent 15x as much on a genuine one and waited nearly as long...

At the price, I'd be surprised if it used the Yihi SX300 chipset. If only because they only sell it in huge lots to OEMs

It might well be an SX300 clone ut I'd be surprised if it were a real Yihi chipset.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
03-04-2015 09:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Michael (04-03-2015)
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
SMY 60 watters, and a bunch of Freemax Starre tanks and coils. 

(01-04-2015 03:08 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  

That's good to hear.  The one problem I've heard and can see happening just from the pics is that the wattage adjusting ring (knurled section) is easy to move unintentionally thereby changing the set wattage to the coil.  Some also say that the battery compartment latch and contact springs are delicate.  Hopefully I'll be able to confirm it personally one way or the other.  Another complaint is the quality of the metal used top and bottom.  Some say it is a type of cast pot metal with a fake antique brass finish on it.  THey say it is very brittle and kind of cheap feeling.  I can see this being a possibility.  I hope they are wrong.

I think the 100W is 10x better looking than that ugly 200W version (big ugly oaf of a mod).  It (100W) reminds me of a VW version of the Slug which is my favorite mech mod.
And you are spot on with your assumptions. I was not impressed with the sample I was sent nor the 200w sample either. I liked the leather on the 200 but it kept having false readings and failures. I was told they were going to address the downfalls of both but they are on the market to quickly to have been changed. 
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 03:04 AM by bcfos.)
04-04-2015 02:59 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

That reminds me, I've been wanting a Slug mod but I completely forgot about it because I've been really busy lately and I ended up getting some new tanks to play with. I'll have to put the Slug mod back on my shopping list!
04-04-2015 05:52 AM