What have you got on order ?
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,305
RE: What have you got on order ?
(26-08-2016 08:55 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 08:11 PM)bibliora Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 08:01 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Just ordered another Wismec RX 75W. I really don't need it but it was on a special Bank Holiday offer for £29.99 with free delivery - someone PLEASE tell me I was wise to buy it and it will never come in wrong - please[Image: smile.gif]. I will be forever grateful if someone would agree it was sensible to get it - 'please'.
Please let me know how you like it.  It's on my wish list as a backup for my backup.
I already have one and it is a great mod - I will probably end up with all four colours of it. Once you get one it will never be your back up - I can promise you that - beats the IPV5 to a nothing - IMO.

Ok ecig, now you really got me super curious...with all the positive chatter on the IPV units out there - what makes the RX better? Physical attributes? Fell in the hand? weight? Options? Honestly I ask because I don't have either one.....
27-08-2016 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

According to FT my replacement STORM V1 240W VV Variable Voltage Box Mod has shipped (my refund for the shipping to return defective unit) has been processed....I was refunded almost $14 USD which is what I paid to ship it.... Smile

So far aside from the ludicrous return validation process, FT appears to be doing well. Waiting game now begins - shipped yesterday August 25th. Smile
27-08-2016 02:01 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
bibliora (08-27-2016), BOB (08-27-2016), gentlydoingit* (08-27-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,579
Hi FB - regarding the IPV series of mods - I have nothing but praise for them - having had both the 4 and the 5 for a ten day period they were great - more power than I would ever use and more than most would ever use - but that goes for the RX75 for me as well[Image: smile.gif]. The difference with the RX is STYLE more than anything - it is different - which is why I bought it. I also feel the build quality on the Wismec is better and it is much better in the hand - IMO.
It has no buttons - I refer you to the voice controlled mod thread[Image: smile.gif] - the buttons are behind a metal plate that is on a magnet and a hinge and drops down to change power and mode. It has no firing button - the back of it fires the mod - therefore you can hold it any way you wish and just squeeze the mod - no sore thumbs or fingers - this goes for the Wismec Presa series as well - they have no firing button - the front of the mod is the actual button. I really like the Wismec mods - I have a Presa 40W, a Presa 40W TC and a Presa 75W along with what will be my second RX. Shinyitis has struck me as well[Image: smile.gif].
27-08-2016 11:51 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
BOB (08-27-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

(27-08-2016 11:51 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi FB - regarding the IPV series of mods - I have nothing but praise for them - having had both the 4 and the 5 for a ten day period they were great - more power than I would ever use and more than most would ever use - but that goes for the RX75 for me as well[Image: smile.gif]. The difference with the RX is STYLE more than anything - it is different - which is why I bought it. I also feel the build quality on the Wismec is better and it is much better in the hand - IMO.
It has no buttons - I refer you to the voice controlled mod thread[Image: smile.gif] - the buttons are behind a metal plate that is on a magnet and a hinge and drops down to change power and mode. It has no firing button - the back of it fires the mod - therefore you can hold it any way you wish and just squeeze the mod - no sore thumbs or fingers - this goes for the Wismec Presa series as well - they have no firing button - the front of the mod is the actual button. I really like the Wismec mods - I have a Presa 40W, a Presa 40W TC and a Presa 75W along with what will be my second RX. Shinyitis has struck me as well[Image: smile.gif].

Thanks ecig, makes perfect sense to me.... although I'm not in the market for a new mod, I may have a look and do a side by side comparison myself later today...I agree on the less buttons is better approach myself... I think I'd use my HEX OHM or STORM 150 inclusively if I ever find the energy/time to build a .3 ohm coil for my TFV8... thanks again, learning new things daily is on my agenda - daily! Smile
27-08-2016 12:07 PM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
I really like the look of the Wismec Presa 75W.  If it has ecignut's recommendation it will go on my list. 
27-08-2016 08:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
Fatboy (08-27-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,199
Not enough power is the only problem with it for me. I have enough low power mods. But it does look nice!
27-08-2016 08:45 PM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Understand TW.  I've yet to vape over 55W, with the clieto, I'm vaping at 30W with a .4 coil.  Maybe I'll need more power if I start making my own coils.
27-08-2016 09:14 PM
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,058
Depends what you use it for. I think 75 watts takes you a long way. The problem is the single battery. I prefer my dual batteries. I vape my two Asmodus at below 60 watts. One has a Tugboat V1.5 with a build that tastes better than a Petri at 60-65 watts. The other has a Mage that is fine at 45 watts. I want another small dual nmaybe for my Defiant tank from CoV. The flavor on this with the .5 ceramic coil is phenomenal. But it heats up - my god. I put the Cleito band on it, lol. It vapes best around 55 watts. So 75 watts is fine for a number of my devices ... my Tugboat, my Petri, my Defiant, my Goblin Mini, my Serpent Mini and my Mage. It is the single battery kills it for me. Meh. Otherwise it is brilliant.

In the last month I pulled out, tries and traded a number of sub ohm tanks:
TFV baby beast - Great tank but it drinks juice too fast for my liking. Taste is okay not exceptional.
Crown - Same as above but the taste is better. Much better.
Arctic Turbo - What a nice tank. Great flavor.
Now the ones I kept
Cleito - Use it as an RTA now
CoV Defiant - Love the flavor. Closest to my Goblin Mini.
My wife uses:
Kanger top fill Mini - This is still a great tank for below 40 watts with a slew of available coils.
Mini Vengeance from CoV - A small version of the Defiant but no ceramic coil. The coils do fit the Defiance and vice-versa. She uses the .8 ohm coil.
Melo 3 - This is nice tank to vape below 40 watts.
This of course does not include my many RTAs and RDAs.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
27-08-2016 09:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Fatboy (08-27-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Oh I'm dying for an IPV 6x first, my wish list is long.  In my vaping cheap news letter, several deals noted it was being shipped, but when I checked them it was still pre-order.  Has the 6 shipped to anyone?  It's past it's supposed ship date of mid July.
27-08-2016 09:48 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,266
Pre order can be a right pia. I've done maybe three or four now, ipv4, tfv4, xcube 2.. all of them shipped well after the release date. In the case of the ipv4 I could have gotten it from my local b&m sooner!
I also took issue with the fact that there were reviews popping up on the site for the products, turns out they'd been selling it for the full price non pre order before they shipped out the pre orders!

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
27-08-2016 10:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
BOB (08-28-2016)