• 2 Votes - 5 Average
What have you got on order ?
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,319
RE: What have you got on order ?
OK I'm in!

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
23-08-2016 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
paulS (08-23-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,589
(23-08-2016 10:18 PM)paulS Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 08:23 PM)bibliora Wrote:  
That's it. I'm going to start knocking the Aromamizer Supreme!! I mean get a Boreas already. Get a mother fuckin' DUMP TANK! yes, I said it. A 40mm DUMP TANK that holds 15 ml of e-juice!!! But always have a Cleito around. Every man needs a Cleito - all women should have them.

No no no no no!

I got the Supreme, not a fan. Then got the TFV8 a home run every day, all day! Got the Miniken 1.5, added the TFV8 to it...neglecting the AVOCADOs, the RDAs...so no, no no no no....okay what are they asking for it? Sad

Will have a look at the Cleito as well....I'm starting to get the impression you recommend it. Smile
23-08-2016 10:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
paulS (08-23-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
I'm getting the Clieto because PaulS has been raving about it.  Other than the Nautilius X, I've had good luck with Aspire tanks. 

FB, I found the Supreme priced from $37 to $52.  I'd also need to buy coils and cotton and such, then shipping. I used my points so the Clieto, Coils, 5ml tank came right up to my limit of $35. 
23-08-2016 11:48 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,705
Why all the Supreme hate? Y'all building it wrong? Love mine. The v2 has issues, yeah, but not that sweet Supreme!
24-08-2016 12:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (08-24-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,589
(24-08-2016 12:11 AM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Why all the Supreme hate? Y'all building it wrong? Love mine. The v2 has issues, yeah, but not that sweet Supreme!

TW, it's not a hate thing - it's a preference thing..... sort of like a blonde vs brunette vs redhead or later in life (v2) silver vs grey vs white vs blue! Smile

My personal dislike of the Supreme was the blisters from boiling ejuice that spit out the air vent onto my fingers....
24-08-2016 12:39 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Fatboy's post:
BOB (08-24-2016), TinWhisker (08-24-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
I just ordered O-rings and replacement glass for my crown from FastTech.  I may have to wait forever, but I'm not giving up on my Crown because of cracked glass. 
24-08-2016 02:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
BOB (08-24-2016), Eggza (08-24-2016)
Eggza Offline

Likes Given: 1,117
(24-08-2016 12:11 AM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Why all the Supreme hate? Y'all building it wrong? Love mine. The v2 has issues, yeah, but not that sweet Supreme!

What other modern tanks do you own, for comparison? My Supreme looks and feels like a quality piece, but since getting the 510 aligned on the Smok TF-RDTA, the TF offers a better experience. The TF-RDTA, the Boreas and others can be fairly called Aromamizer clones; I'm pretty sure that if I can build the TF-RDTA correctly, I can also build the Supreme correctly. I can honestly say that of all the tanks and devices I currently own, the Limitless Plus is the only one I'd immediately replace if necessary. The Supreme is nice, but in my humble opinion the Limitless Plus blows it out of the water.
24-08-2016 02:51 AM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,250
I haven't tried the supreme but I do love the avocado 24. I still mostly drip when I'm at home or where I can conveniently but when I need a tank I go to the avocado 24. Took me awhile to the the wicking right on it though. i ended up going with pretty short wicks and letting them get saturated when I tilt to vape.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
24-08-2016 12:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mike.williams's post:
Fatboy (08-24-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,705
(24-08-2016 02:51 AM)Eggza Wrote:  What other modern tanks do you own, for comparison? My Supreme looks and feels like a quality piece, but since getting the 510 aligned on the Smok TF-RDTA, the TF offers a better experience. The TF-RDTA, the Boreas and others can be fairly called Aromamizer clones; I'm pretty sure that if I can build the TF-RDTA correctly, I can also build the Supreme correctly. I can honestly say that of all the tanks and devices I currently own, the Limitless Plus is the only one I'd immediately replace if necessary. The Supreme is nice, but in my humble opinion the Limitless Plus blows it out of the water.

I didn't know I had to try other tanks to form an opinion on the one I own. For reference, what is the minimum number of different modern tanks I have to own before I can recommend the one I use?

I'm not sure why you're attempting to discredit my recommendation of the Supreme. Recently, you also went out of your way to discredit my recommendation of the iPV6x, even going so far as to add misleading information to buttress your argument.

Friend, we don't operate like that here. It's OK that we all have opinions (the spice of life and all that), and it's great if those opinions are different. But we don't work to undermine one another. It would be great if you'd let me know why my recommendations are worth the effort you're putting in to minimize them. I don't think I ever did anything to you, did I?
24-08-2016 12:47 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,080
Tin - Nothing wrong with the Supreme at all. I think Eggza is having a bit of fun as I am. The issue is comparison. Is the Supreme as good as other tanks in its class? We have the VCMT 25 ml, the Boreas, the TFV8 RTA and quite a few others as you can see in my RTA thread. It is hard to say this tank is best without comparing its price and functionality to others in its class. How does it stack up? I can say the Cleito is the best sub ohm tank. Is it really? There are so many on the market today. Is it better than an Arctic, a Smok beast, a Herakles or a Crown? Or how about the numerous tanks that never even get a mention like the full size Vengeance or the Vaporfi vSix or the Tobeco Super Mini or even the Kanger Toptank mini? A friend of mine has the Tesla Tornado and it is a great tank.

So the same applies to RTAs. I have my three favorites. The Serpent Mini, the Goblin mini, and the Ijoy nano. I have used the bigger tanks. Of the bigger tanks I've used I really like the VCMT. I have used genny style RTAs - my favorite is the Avocado 24 ( I have the Limitless plus but it does not get used as often ). But listen here. I've tested over 30 RTAs without exaggeration. I am fortunate to be the best friend of the owner of a B=M and I get all the new gear to test and build on.

You know I love my series mods. I no longer use a Noisy Cricket. Gave both of mine away. I do use a Steady Moddin', a Hannya and a Piglet and I pre-ordered a Satan from El Diablo (amazing for 100 dollars). I do use some DNAs - an Opus and a VT200 but bayyery life on DNAs suck unless you get a DNA133 and use dual 18650s. I'll probably get an Efusion Duo. I also love my Yihi chips. I had the SX mini Q and a good guy who works at the B+M pretty much took it from me. So I use my Castigator X and intend to get the IPV6 as a back up. And here is a big surprise. I use and own an Asolo 200w with taste control and love it. I do have a red HomWrecker G2 in the mail as well.

I've I have now seriously paired down my collection. I only have one tube left - a naval brass Bandit. I was up to around 35 mods in the house. I'm down to around 18 and even that is really more than I want and I'll pare down more. So I really need to hone my preferences. I do not want to be a collector because friends and family just run off with my excess gear, lol. I want to keep what I consider to be the best only. This applies down the line - mechs, regulated, RTAs, RDAs ... only use tanks as RTAs. I'm keeping only the ones I know I might use.

So take a breath Tin - we do love and respect you. And use your Supreme - you love it and that is all that matters. But expect some teasing occasionally by bald old men. And get a Kayfun 5 and see what a real RTA should look like and how it should function, lol. Everyone should use a Kayfun at least once, no?

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
24-08-2016 02:00 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
bibliora (08-24-2016), BOB (08-24-2016), Fatboy (08-24-2016)